• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alucard

Banned
That is a good idea - I'd always thought they'd return and fight Jimmy as he pretty much sacrificed them to save himself. The skinny Faceless guy immediately put me in mind of that Sebastian, although I've yet to see him wrestle. Falling behind on the ENDVR shows.

A whole bunch of people, apparently - my twitter timeline was full of people excited to see him at Tidal & Southside. Personally, him being booked on a show has the exact opposite effect for me.

Sent you a PM about joshi.

New Page.
adam-page-cedric-walk-away-from-620x350.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
It was
bullshit, most prominent example being the taxi driver complaining about not getting paid after he "flies" from the rooftop to the theatre. However, at the end, we're led to believe he can actually fly when he jumps out of the hospital window and Emma Stone looks up and smiles. Personally, I think he plummeted to the ground anyways and it's just as SWERVE.

I don't know,
that lighting rig accident at the beginning might have been a clue that it was legit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never played Super Fire Pro Wrestling for the SNES but this is a really cool image of it.
tumblr_nfbfhv0I8D1ruwpoco2_r1_400.png

Really dope they have the ghost of Brody there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaks degrees when I'm looking through photos of Jun Kasai and a photo of Hama shows up and that is the thing that makes me go 'Yuck'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, Sunny Mac, did you elope?

hah nope. Bottom line is we both agree it would be a mistake to make it official. We can keep it on the down low. Nobody has to know.

4I6sTcH.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Bit disappointed, was kinda hoping for Taylor Swift rocking a #legitshook shirt in her next video clip.

scabro

hah nope. Bottom line is we both agree it would be a mistake to make it official. We can keep it on the down low. Nobody has to know.

4I6sTcH.jpg

i got this thing with by boo page, and we also have to keep it on the dl.

we both agree we can't compromise her ongoing total divas exploits.

Question for wrasslegaf - is there anyone who doesn't want to see Sting vs. HHH? I can't think of a more worthless bout.

i'd rather have taker/sting

Any Sting match seems like "too little too late" at this point. Since they 're determined to give us a Sting match, I think that HHH has a better chance of potentially carrying the match to a watchable level than Taker could.

I have no interest in the match, but I think that Sting vs HHH has the chance to not completely stink up the joint.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bit disappointed, was kinda hoping for Taylor Swift rocking a #legitshook shirt in her next video clip.

It'll be alright. She has some dope shit coming in the near future. It's a real mindfuck being around someone that does singing for a living. It's always like, been something people did in their spare time, not make a lot of money doing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm amazed people want to see Sting or Undertaker in ANY kind of match. Go home and rest. When they signed Sting, I just looked at it as 'cool, they'll make a dvd'. And that's it.

Sephzilla

Any Sting match seems like "too little too late" at this point. Since they 're determined to give us a Sting match, I think that HHH has a better chance of potentially carrying the match to a watchable level than Taker could.

I have no interest in the match, but I think that Sting vs HHH has the chance to not completely stink up the joint.

I think Taker's match with Bray is going to be better than Stings match with HHH, to be honest. People keep forgetting that Taker put on the best Mania matches for about 5 or 6 straight years before he got a concussion during the Lesnar match.

That and there's a part of me that's worried that HHH is going to pull a WrestleMania 19 and go over Sting just to satisfy his own ego.

I'm amazed people want to see Sting or Undertaker in ANY kind of match. Go home and rest. When they signed Sting, I just looked at it as 'cool, they'll make a dvd'. And that's it.

It isn't going to set the world on fire but it is still fun to get caught up in all the hype. Just like that Hogan vs Sting match in TNA. God awful but fun for what it is.

I think Taker's match with Bray is going to be better than Stings match with HHH, to be honest. People keep forgetting that Taker put on the best Mania matches for about 5 or 6 straight years before he got a concussion during the Lesnar match.

That and there's a part of me that's worried that HHH is going to pull a WrestleMania 19 and go over Sting just to satisfy his own ego.

Considering how long it took for Sting and Vince to come to an agreement, I wonder if one of the stipulations is that Haitch doesn't get to bury the fuck out of him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Undertaker has had 'one of the best Wrestlemania matches every year' since he wrestled Batista in 2007. And that was 7 years ago.

Punk/Taker was the most nothing feud since Taker/Big Show&Albert
It isn't going to set the world on fire but it is still fun to get caught up in all the hype. Just like that Hogan vs Sting match in TNA. God awful but fun for what it is.

That match was amazing because it was so ridiculous and Sting and Hogan worked two completely different characters.

Undertaker vs Sting would literally be
STARES
STARES BACK
POINTS .... MICROPHONE
HOLDS HANDS IN THE AIR AND ROLLS EYES BACK

Sephzilla

I don't think Undertaker has had 'one of the best Wrestlemania matches every year' since he wrestled Batista in 2007. And that was 7 years ago.

You live in a world where HBK/Taker apparently doesn't exist

Undertaker vs Sting would literally be
STARES
STARES BACK
POINTS .... MICROPHONE
HOLDS HANDS IN THE AIR AND ROLLS EYES BACK

You realize this is almost what every HHH/Sting confrontation has been?

Oh, I think it will be too. While there's no question that Taker has turned in amazing matches over the last several years, I'd say that his opponents were in better shape than what Sting appears to be. I'm not implying that Taker was carried at all, but I'm not sure that Sting has enough left in the tank to pick up as much of the slack as Michaels, HHH, Punk, etc.

To be fair, I haven't seen Sting wrestle since WCW closed up shop, so maybe he's got a lot more left than I think, but man he looks tired.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know Bray Wyatt's gonna put EVERYTHING he has on display for this match. I know he realizes this is going to make him, to a huge degree. It's going to be great watching him eat Taker's flesh afterwards to inherit his spooky powers.

Hope you're ready for "Bray Wyatt's captivating bat-like descent!"

I think they should have done sting vs taker . With two months full of head games between the two ultimately ending mania as the main event the bell rings they both go for the punch it freeze frames like rocky 3 ending mania .

scabro

You know Bray Wyatt's gonna put EVERYTHING he has on display for this match. I know he realizes this is going to make him, to a huge degree. It's going to be great watching him eat Taker's flesh afterwards to inherit his spooky powers.

Hope you're ready for "Bray Wyatt's captivating bat-like descent!"

i hope the undertaker tries to hit bray with the urn and the urn explodes

cue lights out and hologram of taker floating up to Valhalla.

enter mean ass mark calaway

Sting/Taker has an obvious aesthetic to it but I never really bought into it being a feud. Sting's most popular character was an avenger who silently went after a corrupt dude at the top of his game who was drunk with power. HHH can fit that role a lot better than the undertaker ever could.

Back when WCW first went under though? Sting vs. Big Evil could've been that ultimate taker/sting fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sting vs Triple H would be better if it was more centered around Sting and H's relationship with Flair as sort of the 'son and the jealous son' type since Triple H wants to be Flair, but everyone associates Sting with Flair.

and it was 10 years ago.

Sting vs Triple H would be better if it was more centered around Sting and H's relationship with Flair as sort of the 'son and the jealous son' type since Triple H wants to be Flair, but everyone associates Sting with Flair.

I still say it should be centered around the idea of The Authority being just as bad as the terrible backstage politics of WCW and Sting trying to keep WWE from suffering the same fate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still say it should be centered around the idea of The Authority being just as bad as the terrible backstage politics of WCW and Sting trying to keep WWE from suffering the same fate.

Well the problem there is that that wouldn't happen as it might imply to the casual viewer that WWE did something just as bad as the worst wrestling promotion of all time 0/5 stars WCW.

Trips should pay/Invite Flair to the Raw before Mania and pedigree him to send a signal. Sting returns the favor by taking out one of the Authority

Probably over the head of the casual fan

Considering how much they tried to drill "shit was terrible backstage in WCW" into the fans heads in pretty much every DVD/WWE Network doc they've done, I'd say the casual fan would be pretty well aware of it.

Well the problem there is that that wouldn't happen as it might imply to the casual viewer that WWE did something just as bad as the worst wrestling promotion of all time 0/5 stars WCW.

Well The Authority are suppose to be the heels, so equating them with the very worse of the industry would probably work.

Sephzilla

There's no way Vince would agree to a storyline that paints WWE in the same light as WCW.

Top Bottom