• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

jmdajr

How much Tough Love should a trainer be allowed to give you? How do you set up a system to really get the guys prepared for life on the road? Should you be put through obstacles that have no place in your actual line of future work? Where should the line be drawn?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How much Tough Love should a trainer be allowed to give you? How do you set up a system to really get the guys prepared for life on the road? Should you be put through obstacles that have no place in your actual line of future work? Where should the line be drawn?

Depends on the trainer AND the student. The point is that you can't be a dicklord to EVERYONE. Especially if you're churning through a ton of people, you can't paint with the same brush. That's just shitty training.

I'd say "intentionally breaking a trainee's limbs on the first day of training" should be the low bar.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naked theatrics isn't really tough love.

I don't think Hiro Matsuda or Stu Hart made their students run with cookies between their ass cheeks.

jred2k

What does naked stinkfacing have to do with life on the road?

jmdajr

Depends on the trainer AND the student. The point is that you can't be a dicklord to EVERYONE. Especially if you're churning through a ton of people, you can't paint with the same brush. That's just shitty training.

I'd say "intentionally breaking a trainee's limbs on the first day of training" should be the low bar.

I do think some students who think they are hot shit probably need to be humbled. But how do you go about doing that? Not sure if humiliation is or is not the answer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Naked theatrics isn't really tough love.

I don't think Hiro Matsuda or Stu Hart made their students run with cookies between their ass cheeks.

Yeah this needs saying as well. There's a VERY clear line between tough love and humiliating people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boys will be boys

Preparing him for life at WRESTLE-1.
zwRAH2V.gif

Striker

Taker vs Sting would be more worthless
Not any more than Sting-HHH. I have zero idea what this feud is suppose to prove or mean.

Sting vs. Taker at least has some sort of history to it and can provide one final match for the two, which is much needed. People like to bitch about The Rock and Big Dave's appearances, but Triple H and Taker in these one-off matches each year is just as bad, if not worse (especially compared to The Rock). Sooner or later they will have to stop relying on them, but knowing them they will beat it to the ground and call it epic.

Aiii

So not worth it

In 2015, no trainer should be using homophobic slurs to his students, that at the very minimum should be reason to part ways with said trainer.
I have also grown very tired of how Coach DeMott has constantly bullied us. Whether by physically hitting us, or by calling us gay. He has on numerous occasions alluded to me being gay. His favorite phrase is “half a sissy” not to mention him calling me and others “faggots”
In any other profession, you'd be out the door in a second if you called one of your subordinates that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, did someone publicly call out Demott or something?

Memo from released talent from 2013 leaked with tons of examples of DeMott abuse. Gained traction, Twitter trends, whatnot.

WWE then released a statement, saying the memo was a single complaint and they did a thorough investigation and could find nobody confirming the claims in the letter.

So yesterday another released talent released another letter from the exact same time with the exact same complaints made by him, completely discrediting the WWE statement.

DeMott remains employed at this moment.

This is the newest letter, the older one says pretty much exactly the same: http://www.sescoops.com/another-for...r-makes-strong-allegations-about-bill-demott/

Sephzilla

Memo from released talent from 2013 leaked with tons of examples of DeMott abuse. Gained traction, Twitter trends, whatnot.

WWE then released a statement, saying the memo was a single complaint and they did a thorough investigation and could find nobody confirming the claims in the letter.

So yesterday another released talent released another letter from the exact same time with the exact same complaints made by him, completely discrediting the WWE statement.

DeMott remains employed at this moment.

http://www.sescoops.com/another-for...r-makes-strong-allegations-about-bill-demott/

My first thought was "I wonder who DeMott has dirt on" but then I remembered WWE in general likes to protect people like him.

jmdajr

In 2015, no trainer should be using homophobic slurs to his students, that at the very minimum should be reason to part ways with said trainer.

Yeah. That's not cool.

Maybe be called a wimp or something. You know .....like Sin Cara.

Ithil

They should be teaching you that wrestling is hard on the body and requires great conditioning, and respect for other wrestlers. That can lead to hard training, and it should.

But bullying them? Insulting them? Mocking their orientation or their race? Accentuating their injuries?
That has zero place in any training for any sport or performance, and DeMott can go fuck himself.

jmdajr

Does WWE not have an anti hazing policy? I guess dumb as fuck question considering the head of the organization is a ribber too.

scabro

Does WWE not have an anti hazing policy? I guess dumb as fuck question considering the head of the organization is a ribber too.

they should give Demott a new contract that gives him a pay raise, a prominent role in creative, and shares in the company, then fire him after he tells all his frens and family.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's noteworthy enough for a thread, I suppose.

Don't forget to include the picture of the naked wrestlers from a year or so ago.

jred2k

Yeah the hypocrisy of having the Be A Star initiative and the Rise Above Hate stuff is a big part of what really disgusts me. Aside from the Make A Wish stuff, all of the public work they do comes across as very shallow.

notworksafe

Hey guys, didn't know there was a dedicated wrestling thread on GAF but that's pretty awesome so I figured I'd pop in to say hello.

I'm going to Wrestlemania this year so I decided to prep myself by watching the previous 30. I've seen most of them but not in years. I finished WM20 last night and I have to say I'm surprised how much of these shows still holds up pretty well, at least for the most part. The only one that was bad from top to bottom was probably 18, otherwise I've found stuff to like in all the rest.

jmdajr

Yeah the hypocrisy of having the Be A Star initiative and the Rise Above Hate stuff is a big part of what really disgusts me. Aside from the Make A Wish stuff, all of the public work they do comes across as very shallow.

Kind of like the NFL.

scabro

Hey guys, didn't know there was a dedicated wrestling thread on GAF but that's pretty awesome so I figured I'd pop in to say hello.

I'm going to Wrestlemania this year so I decided to prep myself by watching the previous 30. I've seen most of them but not in years. I finished WM20 last night and I have to say I'm surprised how much of these shows still holds up pretty well, at least for the most part. The only one that was bad from top to bottom was probably 18, otherwise I've found stuff to like in all the rest.

welcome, please get out while you still can.

You've got some rough ones coming up...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also guys, do you think this Demott story warrants its own thread in OT?

Yes, absolutely.

Greetings, friend. Time to undergo the WrassleGAF Entry Ritual! Give us your Fave Five Wrasslers of ALL TIME!

It's been ages since I saw 20. Maybe I should go back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes you don't need a gif. Only two frames.

[quote="FallingEdge, post: 154565326"]lol[/QUOTE]

This person does some really cool fanart.
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6LWLTxCIAEfxoi.jpg:small[/IMG]

Ithil

Of course it's shallow. It's never been out of altruism, it's just easy PR for a company with a terrible public image and reputation they've been trying to shed (usually with little understanding of why they have that shitty reputation).

Sephzilla

Welcome!

*Offers handshake*

It's noteworthy enough for a thread, I suppose.

Don't forget to include the picture of the naked wrestlers from a year or so ago.

Yes, absolutely.

Someone with slightly more knowledge of it all than me should make it though. I just wanted to pitch the idea of making a thread for it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Doing the same thing myself - through the first 4. The early WMs are really, really rough. 3 was great though - Savage/Steamboat was awesome. Also kind of amazed at how awful Rude/Roberts was in WM4. Like it was really dreadful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still waiting for a "What women in video fames have achieved TC status? (see op)"

I can guarantee there'd be some tasty bans over people not being able to resist naming Brianna Wu or Anita Sarkeesian.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I think 'who should we use from WCW to train young students?' the first 2 names FIRST TWO that come to mind -- Bill DeMott and Billy Kidman.

What, was Prince Iaukea too busy?

Top Bottom