• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

i8Q6pAjJ7dop8.gif

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? Cena manages to give his best promo in...maybe ever since he's become a face, and with a singular tweet, he completely shits on himself and buries himself.

How the fuck is the WWE letting this happened? Is Cena really that much of an idiot that he can't figure out that he drew tons of heat last night?

WHY IS THE WWE FILLED WITH INCOMPETENT IDIOTS?

best guest referee

My favorite People's Elbow as well.

Yeah, the whole match was electrifying. I loved it so much.

Kaladin

Do you want to learn how to book from the master?

pwinsider said:
BABY FACES, BLADE JOBS and BOOKING

Everything you wanted to know about writing a professional wrestling show but were afraid to ask.

A SEMINAR HOSTED BY VINCE RUSSO

During the years of 1995-2012, Vince Russo was one of the most controversial figures in the history of sports entertainment/professional wrestling, while serving as the head writer of all three major wrestling companies, WWE, WCW and TNA.

During that tenure, Russo wrote over a thousand televised wrestling shows--which achieved some of the highest ratings of all time-- while also having a hand in helping create some of the biggest stars in the history of the business. From Stone Cold Steve Austin to “The Rock”, Russo has written for just about anybody who’s anybody in the world of sports entertainment/pro wrestling.

Whether it was in front of the camera, or behind the scenes, Russo has played an influential part in helping to bring the drama of the squared circle to the forefront of American pop culture.

Now, in this limited engagement and for the first time ever, Russo is going to bring the “behind the curtain” aspect of his job, into the spotlight, by sharing his craft and experience with wrestling fans around the world. In his ground-breaking seminar entitled, “Baby Faces, Blade Jobs, and Booking, “, Russo is going to share first hand, what it takes to be a successful writer in the world of sports entertainment/professional wrestling.

Just some of the topics Russo will be covering in this no-holds-barred presentation:

· Where to get your start in writing for a professional wrestling organization.
· How to use the experience you’ve built to get in the door of one of the major companies
· How to create larger-than-life personas and personalities
· Writing effective dialogue for specific characters
· How to format a wrestling show
· How to generate new ideas 52-weeks out of the year
· How to present and sell your idea to a talent
· How to create a successful working environment between talent and writer
· Dealing with egos
· Overcoming writer’s block
· Avoiding the pitfalls of politics
· How to generate ratings
· The difference between “writing” a show and “booking” a show

Baby Faces, Blade Jobs and Booking; nothing will no longer be sacred!!

No dates with the press release, but he is working with http://www.sbibookings.com/ apparently.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? Cena manages to give his best promo in...maybe ever since he's become a face, and with a singular tweet, he completely shits on himself and buries himself.

How the fuck is the WWE letting this happened? Is Cena really that much of an idiot that he can't figure out that he drew tons of heat last night?

WHY IS THE WWE FILLED WITH INCOMPETENT IDIOTS?

This is pretty much the digital equivalent of Cena laughing all the way through the Rock's (or anyone really) promos.

"Hehe, nothing you say can touch me, I'm always happy. U mad?"

You know, I understand why it's The Rock versus Cena, really, I do. But how awesome would The Rock's return have been if he had gone up against somebody who actually fueded with the guy and who he could have a proper back and forth with.

At least they had the common sense this week to not have them directly interact on-air.

Overcoming writer’s block

Russo's idea of overcoming writer's block: Make title match, knock out referree, have heel interfere.

There we go, another succesful main event!

Izick

This is pretty much the digital equivalent of Cena laughing all the way through the Rock's (or anyone really) promos.

"Hehe, nothing you say can touch me, I'm always happy. U mad?"

You know, I understand why it's The Rock versus Cena, really, I do. But how awesome would The Rock's return have been if he had gone up against somebody who actually fueded with the guy and who he could have a proper back and forth with.

At least they had the common sense this week to not have them directly interact on-air.

He thinks he's untouchable.

What's up LIVE ON NEOGAF tonight!?

I'm just here to say I hate all of the same things you guys do and I support your local sports teams.

Peace y'all

Ithil

What's up LIVE ON NEOGAF tonight!?

I'm just here to say I hate all of the same things you guys do and I support your local sports teams.

Peace y'all

Also, uhhh, errr, ehhh, ah! Gaming Side?

More like... Laming Side!

Trending world wide! Laming Side! Laming Side!

Aiii

So not worth it
Had to know this was coming.

Would be less annoying if I could view the actual WWE clips, but alas, my country is apparently very opposed to letting me view WWE clips.

Even though not a single Dutch channel has broadcast WWE in about 15 years

Oh well.

UberTag

Would be less annoying if I could view the actual WWE clips, but alas, my country is apparently very opposed to letting me view WWE clips.

Even though not a single Dutch channel has broadcast WWE in about 15 years

Oh well.
Holland clearly is not a part of the WWE Universe.
This means you have to uproot your family and move so you can continue to follow the antics of Cena and friends each and every week.

krae_man

Vince Russo Offering Seminars On How To Book Pro Wrestling

BABY FACES, BLADE JOBS and BOOKING

Everything you wanted to know about writing a professional wrestling show but were afraid to ask.

A SEMINAR HOSTED BY VINCE RUSSO

During the years of 1995-2012, Vince Russo was one of the most controversial figures in the history of sports entertainment/professional wrestling, while serving as the head writer of all three major wrestling companies, WWE, WCW and TNA.

During that tenure, Russo wrote over a thousand televised wrestling shows–which achieved some of the highest ratings of all time– while also having a hand in helping create some of the biggest stars in the history of the business. From Stone Cold Steve Austin to “The Rock”, Russo has written for just about anybody who’s anybody in the world of sports entertainment/pro wrestling.

Whether it was in front of the camera, or behind the scenes, Russo has played an influential part in helping to bring the drama of the squared circle to the forefront of American pop culture.

Now, in this limited engagement and for the first time ever, Russo is going to bring the “behind the curtain” aspect of his job, into the spotlight, by sharing his craft and experience with wrestling fans around the world. In his ground-breaking seminar entitled, “Baby Faces, Blade Jobs, and Booking, “, Russo is going to share first hand, what it takes to be a successful writer in the world of sports entertainment/professional wrestling.

Just some of the topics Russo will be covering in this no-holds-barred presentation:

· Where to get your start in writing for a professional wrestling organization.
· How to use the experience you’ve built to get in the door of one of the major companies
· How to create larger-than-life personas and personalities
· Writing effective dialogue for specific characters
· How to format a wrestling show
· How to generate new ideas 52-weeks out of the year
· How to present and sell your idea to a talent
· How to create a successful working environment between talent and writer
· Dealing with egos
· Overcoming writer’s block
· Avoiding the pitfalls of politics
· How to generate ratings
· The difference between “writing” a show and “booking” a show

Baby Faces, Blade Jobs and Booking; nothing will no longer be sacred!!

Lothar

Banned
Ugh.

I actually didn't watch much of WWF. I only got half of the attitude era. Missed some of WCW.

I want to own every damn episode you assholes.

I don't think I'm allowed to link them but there are of course places where you can download everything. They're not hard to find. There are people on the internet that deal in selling DVD collections of any year you want.

If you can put up with ads, these sites stream every Raw.

http://www.watchxonline.net/category/371-1997.php?page=2
http://stagevu.com/video/tlcptzlbquoj

For people that want to relive the Attitude Era, I recommend starting at July 7, 1997. The day after Canadian Stampede. That way you can get to see the rise of Austin, HBK's heel turn, the birth of DX, the Rock becoming the Rock, Brian Pillman, Bret Hart in the WWF, Austin giving McMahon his first stunner, Cactus Jack's first appearance, Dude Love's first appearance, Kane's first appearance, etc.. It's the perfect place to start because this is where it all started changing.

Here is a little taste of what the WWF was like at the time. A sneak preview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1E-ATBxj8Y Summerslam 1997's "Life isn't fair" video

Imagine seeing something like this today.

For people that want to relive the Attitude Era, I recommend starting at July 7, 1997. The day after Canadian Stampede. That way you can get to see the rise of Austin, HBK's heel turn, the birth of DX, the Rock becoming the Rock, Brian Pillman, Bret Hart in the WWF, Austin giving McMahon his first stunner, Cactus Jack's first appearance, Dude Love's first appearance, Kane's first appearance, etc.. It's the perfect place to start because this is where it all started changing.

Why not just start with this? It's a rad (though entirely inconsequential) PPV

EliCash

I just watched Razor Ramon vs HBK ladder match from Summerslam 95 for a nostalgia kick, can't believe it was for an intercontinental title. Good stuff.

Izick

I just watched Razor Ramon vs HBK ladder match from Summerslam 95 for a nostalgia kick, can't believe it was for an intercontinental title. Good stuff.

Oh, wow was this match fucking solid. It's a real shame that Scott Hall never got a shot at the title. He was pretty hot back in his prime in the WWF. He was an amzing performer, and he was a really nice guy to boot.

It's just a shame he had so many problems with drugs and alcohol. Everybody says he was a great worker, it's just that if something were to go wrong, or if he wasn't wrestling for a while, he'd find his way into trouble.

Im barely starting to watch RAW from last night. I admit I just MARKED OUT TO Word Life!!!!!!

Thank you Rock for bringing back thuganomics

G-Fex

Oh, wow was this match fucking solid. It's a real shame that Scott Hall never got a shot at the title. He was pretty hot back in his prime in the WWF. He was an amzing performer, and he was a really nice guy to boot.

It's just a shame he had so many problems with drugs and alcohol. Everybody says he was a great worker, it's just that if something were to go wrong, or if he wasn't wrestling for a while, he'd find his way into trouble.

The guy is a fucking legend in his own right.

He should be in WWE games.

Izick

The guy is a fucking legend in his own right.

He should be in WWE games.

I agree, but Vince and the whole family are probably pissed at him because of all the money they've spent on his medical rehab. I remember them saying it was a lot on that ESPN 30/30 special, but I can't remember what Steph said.

G-Fex

I agree, but Vince and the whole family are probably pissed at him because of all the money they've spent on his medical rehab. I remember them saying it was a lot on that ESPN 30/30 special, but I can't remember what Steph said.

true :\

Sanjuro

Wah?

There's been a crap ton of great WM matches since then. Better ones, even.

I don't think so.

In terms of hype, crowd reaction, and payoff? Nothing has come close. There hasn't been a main event type match at WM since. Prior, it seemed a majority of the years there was that big matchup everyone was looking forward to.

Ithil

I don't think so.

In terms of hype, crowd reaction, and payoff? Nothing has come close. There hasn't been a main event type match at WM since. Prior, it seemed a majority of the years there was that big matchup everyone was looking forward to.

***** ******'s Triple Threat at WM XX was a better match by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom