• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxpower

AJ doesn't look like a 12 year old, yeah she's kinda short but for us short fucks who can't date 5'8 women we definitely appreciate the shorter women.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
yup

See: Tom f'n Cruise, Plywood, Spindashing, etc.

G-Fex
The Tsundere Pony
(Today, 03:28 PM)

L8Jf7.gif

PopfulMail

Well, now I feel inadequate with the signs I'll be bringing tonight. But I remember your Zack Ryder signs, and those were awesome as well. I think I remember you saying you were sitting up a few rows from me. I'll be dressed up like Teddy Long. Blue pinstripe vest and pants, solid blue blazer. I'll have a purple 'HOLLA' sign that actually has lights flashing around it, haha. I'll try to get a picture closer to the show. My girlfriend, friends, and myself will also have signs that spell out 'YES!'.

Hahha...NICE! I knew someone else had mentioned they were going tonight... just couldn't remember who. I will be looking for your signs for sure!!!

trunbuns

I personally thought RAW was good last night.

The thuganomics stuff was good from Cena, he looked a bit uncomfortable dressed like that though. Word Life is so much better than My Time Is Now (It's still stuck in my head now).

I think the Teddy vs Johnny Ace feud actually has great heat with the live audience although I am shocked at the pops that the mack daddy is getting. Big Johnny going over the chair was hilarious.

Sheamus..... I don't know. I don't mind him but he is just a bit bland in his current face persona. The most interesting part of this feud is the AJ/Bryan stuff and that doesn't bode too well seeing as Sheamus is likely going over at Mania (the thought of having to sit through champion promos from Sheamus is worrying fella). I think that they may bring Bryan to raw eventually and have Punk challenge him about the way he treats AJ to play off the Chris Brown stuff. Overall I'm sure the match will be fine, and I suspect there will be more story progression on Smackdown but I do feel that this one should have had more physicality at this point as that is what Sheamus does best.

I feel that if anyone is suffering from the Cena/Rock match it is Punk and Jericho. I hope that this feud is given a couple of PPVs after Wrestlemania as it doesn't feel like it has got going yet. I definitely think that, as entertaining as the Jeritroll stuff was, it feels like that time could have definitely been used more effectively to create friction. Literally months were spent without Jericho directly referencing Punk and now we have two weeks to Mania and all we have really had is one face to face promo about who is best and a small package. With that in mind I for one am delighted that they have brought the alcohol angle into play. Jericho gets personal and underhanded and that is why he is one of the greatest heels of all time. This should have been brought up weeks ago. I can just see Jericho after that roll up win last week grinning maniacally heading back up the ramp miming drinking grog and Punk getting angry, it would have made that finish have so much more meaning. These guys need a proper 15 minute promo next week to properly lay out their beefs beyond 'Gimmick Infrigement'.

The Rock Concert was great. I've watched it again to make sure. The crowd are absolutely loving it and it was really, legitimately funny. The Rock oozes charisma but I'm not sure that it did a great deal to hype the match. It's just these two trolling each other each week. We need to see Cena get uncontrollably, furiously pissed rather than smarky comments and shit grinning (I personally think this is a lot of what's wrong with WWE at the moment - in the Attitude Era wrestlers would have stopped at nothing to try and attack or respond to the person they were pissed at, no matter how many security guards or restraining orders there were - this created automatic excitement for the live audience and people watching at home - easy heat for a feud).

Yeah the Queen thing backfired but I see what he was trying to do. Trying to create a big moment for the crowd to make the thing feel more epic. It was corny and he stumbled a bit but it worked overall.

TL;DR - Show was pretty good overall but the stories are going to have to see a lot of progression in the space of 2 Raws.

Kaladin

The thuganomics stuff was good from Cena, he looked a bit uncomfortable dressed like that though.

I'm glad someone else noticed that. Cena looked like he just wanted to get that promo over with to me. I get the feeling that after last night, we'll probably never see heel Cena again because he's just not comfortable with it.

NoRéN

I'm glad someone else noticed that. Cena looked like he just wanted to get that promo over with to me. I get the feeling that after last night, we'll probably never see heel Cena again because he's just not comfortable with it.

I would feel awkward too if I was 34 and had to go out in front of a crowd on live TV dressed like that.

Ithil

There's no way he doesn't have a great time being a heel.

He's dead in the water most of time, it's very obvious that he's often bored out of his mind doing his Super Cena face promos.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NoRéN;35990031 said:
Certain demographics like women that look like 12 year old girls. That's my guess.
All I know is a buncha jabronis got warned for making similar comments about the mentally challenged korean pop groups.

Aiii

So not worth it
This was the jewel of last night's Raw though.

VZzia.gif

Terrible in the ring, but Otunga and Laurinaitis are the best thing ever!

Ithil

Having a look through the new WWE site, it's pretty good. Loads of videos, right back to WCW/ECW, and really easy to get around in. It's a mini-encyclopaedia for the WWE roster (and past ones even).

They did a good job.

Funkasaurus was a case study in the law of diminishing returns as they relate to gimmick characters.

The only reason we didn't FF his match last night was in desperate hope that Jinder would crush him.

Ithil

people like Funkasaurus?

He did a whopping TWO MOVES YESTERDAY

WHY DID HE GO AWAY? WHAT CHANGED? NOW HES SQUASHING SOMEONE OTHER THAN HEATHBAR SLATER

I like the idea of the Funkasaurus. I'm not sure I like the actual one much, but I like the concept.

I marked out like everyone else for thuganomics Cena but he definitely looked like a total goof in the outfit. It has to do with the fact that he is bigger than he used to be, for one, and two, you can tell it's not sincere anymore, a facade if you will. Back in the day it WAS him.

G-Fex

And that's all that matters.

They have no redeeming qualities.

Don't you start mister, at least they're not 12 and have a plunging neckline like your damn creepygaf gifs. They're cute girls who dance coordingly and sing and stuff.

I think.

NoRéN;35990949 said:
He doesn't call his own moves anymore.

Ah okay.

And he can pull off his pants too cleanly

jmdajr

I marked out like everyone else for thuganomics Cena but he definitely looked like a total goof in the outfit. It has to do with the fact that he is bigger than he used to be, for one, and two, you can tell it's not sincere anymore, a facade if you will. Back in the day it WAS him.

Kind of like the Rock now.

Aiii

So not worth it
people like Funkasaurus?

He did a whopping TWO MOVES YESTERDAY

WHY DID HE GO AWAY? WHAT CHANGED? NOW HES SQUASHING SOMEONE OTHER THAN HEATHBAR SLATER

He changed his finisher. Apparently he was legit hurting people with the flying crossbody one.

ZeroRay

Thug Life Cena is better than 90% of the current roster. He was talking shit about retarded people, cripples, midgets, females, cursing like a sailor, fat people, and didn't wear that shit merch.

Thug Cena just isn't him anymore. He's risen above being a bully and is now a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom