• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

UMTLr.jpg

lol

PopfulMail

Got my signs ready for tonight's Smackdown. The wife is a Santino mark so she demanded a sign or her own. Pretty hyped that Christian and Laurinaitis are going to be there tonight.

signs.jpg

EliCash

Oh, wow was this match fucking solid. It's a real shame that Scott Hall never got a shot at the title. He was pretty hot back in his prime in the WWF. He was an amzing performer, and he was a really nice guy to boot.

It's just a shame he had so many problems with drugs and alcohol. Everybody says he was a great worker, it's just that if something were to go wrong, or if he wasn't wrestling for a while, he'd find his way into trouble.

Yea, it pretty much set the path for all the great ladder matches that followed.I loved the HBK / Ramon stuff when I was a kid, no-one sold moves like Scott Hall. I haven't watched wrestling in a good 5 years or something, so this comes from total ignorance but does the intercontinental championship mean anything any more? Some of the intercontinental title matches in the WWF days were fantastic matches, and arguably better than the heavyweight title matches I saw when I last watched WWE.

I'm not attempting to criticize current WWE, there's probably a lot of people that annoyingly do that by referencing the WWF days, I'm just wondering, like I said I haven't watched it in a long time.

Continuing the nostalgia kick, I'm now watching Macho Man vs Ric Flair at Wrestlemania 8, which was my favourite match as a kid.

Edit: holy shit, this championship match wasn't even the main event, I forgot about that.

Aiii

So not worth it

QUOTE.

HEY GUYS YOU REMEMBER CHRIS BENOIT? I DO

Is he the guy that is not Shawn Michaels that won the RR from #1 and had an epic WM celebration with Eddie when they both were World Champs?

I vaguely remember him.

G-Fex

Is he the guy that is not Shawn Michaels that won the RR from #1 and had an epic WM celebration with Eddie when they both were World Champs?

I vaguely remember him.

HES BEEN SHADED IN , WWE IS TRYING TO ERASE HIM FROM YOUR MEMORY BUT WE CAN FIGHT BACK AND REMEMBER.

THATS SPARKPLUG BOB HOLLY WTF!

RBH

http://twitter.com/#!/josephpark_esq

Paul Bearer: Your brother is good people. I hope you find my friend soon.

Joseph Park: Thank you kind sir. A person emailed me and said you've had similar issues with family like this. How do you cope?

Paul Bearer: Prayer.

Random fan: Have you tried those Ninjas that abducted Samoa Joe last year?

Joseph Park: Do you have an address on these ninjas you speak of?

Random fan: Have ya checked India lately?

Joseph Park: I am pricing flights to India. They are quite costly but no cost is too high to find my brother.

Random fan: Can you get to Mexico? Perhaps Judas Mesias would have an idea!

Joseph Park: Have an address on this Judas Mesias? I'm in the process of pricing flights to all places where he could be.

Random fan: Has anyone ever said you look like Penn Jillette?

Joseph Park: I've been getting that for years. Maybe he will have some information on the disappearance of my brother Chris.

Random fan: I'm not sure but you may want to talk to that Al Snow fellow....he is acting a bit crazy on Facebook.

Joseph Park: Al Snow you say? Does this gentleman have a good head on his shoulders?

Random fan: #kayfabe

Joseph Park: Do you have a number on this Kay Fabe lad you speak of?

Random fan: You should ask Mr. Anderson, he just returned from a long disappearance, he may know his whereabouts! He may not be that helpful if he is in a bad mood, I hear he can be an asshole (pardon my language). Of course, it's possible that he's with other members of the roster that have gone missing such as Scott Steiner and Anthony Nese! There is also Kid Kash. He is the one who brought Abyss into TNA after all!

Joseph Park: Thank you for your help! I was warned about fans on the internet not being helpful. You're a good guy!

Random fan: I saw Abyss on the side of a milk carton. He was wearing a Dark Side Of The Moon t-shirt.

Joseph Park: I've looked into milk cartoons. Sadly they don't seem to do them as much as they used to. Appreciate the suggestion.

Random Fan: lol you are Abyss

Joseph Park: We look similar because we're family. Like the Baldwins but better looking.

Joseph Park: Anyone have contact info of gentlemen named MALTZAR, ILVEREZ, JIMSON, KALLAR? I heard they have scoops on my brother Chris?

I agree, but Vince and the whole family are probably pissed at him because of all the money they've spent on his medical rehab. I remember them saying it was a lot on that ESPN 30/30 special, but I can't remember what Steph said.

The interviewer asked if it was over $250,000. Steph said she wouldn't go into specifics but said it was by far the most they've ever spent on someone and it was "well into" six-figures.

I don't think Eric Bischoff likes Jeremy Borash.

@EBischoff said:
Just had a beer here in Nashville. Bartender asked me I worked for the boss 'Jeremy Borash.' When I asked 'WTF' that was supposed to mean, I was told emphatically that Jeremy has represented himself as an 'owner' of TNA. Jeremy is a low rent bit player who should be fortunate he has a job.

PopfulMail

Thanks all for the good words on the signs! We'll be sitting midway up opposite the cameras. Last time I went to RAW I had floor seats that were pretty bad... plus they confiscated one of my broski signs because it was too big so I'm hoping tonight is a better experience.

Kaladin

Thanks all for the good words on the signs! We'll be sitting midway up opposite the cameras. Last time I went to RAW I had floor seats that were pretty bad... plus they confiscated one of my broski signs because it was too big so I'm hoping tonight is a better experience.

Lower level is always a better experience than sitting on the floor. I will only get a floor seat for a WWE show if I can get in the first three rows.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Got my signs ready for tonight's Smackdown. The wife is a Santino mark so she demanded a sign or her own. Pretty hyped that Christian and Laurinaitis are going to be there tonight.

signs.jpg

I wish I could do that voodoo that you do so well.

Wouldn't apply it to fan signs I'm sure you have some type of screen printing business. Good Job!

Izick

signs.jpg

OOqI5.gif

Top notch signs. They look like something you could frame and hang on a wall.

News on CHIKARA releasing their last set of shows.

Well CHIKARMY, we asked, and you responded. It seems like there is an equal number of fans out there interested in both the physical DVD and the digital download (MP4) option for seeing our February events, "A Death Worse Than Fate" and "Caught in the Spider's Den."

So, thanks to our friends over at Smart Mark Video, we will once again offer both the DVD and the MP4 to you - and they will be released on Thursday, March 15th!

Hurry up and get here March 15th!!!

signs.jpg
Finally, we're getting some professional looking signs on TV. This shall trump all other signs (except for the Wrassle GAF sign from last night.)

Kaladin

Well CHIKARMY, we asked, and you responded. It seems like there is an equal number of fans out there interested in both the physical DVD and the digital download (MP4) option for seeing our February events, "A Death Worse Than Fate" and "Caught in the Spider's Den."

So, thanks to our friends over at Smart Mark Video, we will once again offer both the DVD and the MP4 to you - and they will be released on Thursday, March 15th!

Looks like I know what I'm doing Saturday night.

Awesome news, definitely be picking up the MP4s - I really want to see UltraMantis Black vs Colt Cabana! I finally got The Thirteenth Hat through today, so I'm going to get caught up tonight, ready for these new shows on the 15th. You guys going to do a WrassleGAF watch of the shows again?

Aiii

So not worth it
Gotta love how he's a douchebag even in AJ's twitpic.

large.jpg

Heel D.Bry is the best thing ever. I really hope they don't break those two up at WM though.

PopfulMail

How would you go about getting signs like that printed, and how much would it cost retail?

I did the artwork at home using illustrator and photoshop. Bought some 20x30 foam board at a hobby lobby for $2 each and had the graphics printed on an adhesive vinyl. I've got friends who run a local sign shop so I was able to get the vinyl prints for $15 each.

Some may or may not remember... but here are the Broski signs I made last Summer for RAW. The Brohio sign didn't even make it in the stadium. All art for these were done in Illustrator.

BROHIO.jpg

I had Funkasaurus art in the works for this Smackdown but he went extinct for a good while so I canned it. Figures that he showed up last night....

Kaladin

Awesome news, definitely be picking up the MP4s - I really want to see UltraMantis Black vs Colt Cabana! I finally got The Thirteenth Hat through today, so I'm going to get caught up tonight, ready for these new shows on the 15th. You guys going to do a WrassleGAF watch of the shows again?

Most likely. We'll probably run them back to back on Saturday night.

jmdajr

I did the artwork at home using illustrator and photoshop. Bought some 20x30 foam board at a hobby lobby for $2 each and had the graphics printed on an adhesive vinyl. I've got friends who run a local sign shop so I was able to get the vinyl prints for $15 each.

A true fan! Kudos.

bart jr

Neo Member

signs.jpg

Well, now I feel inadequate with the signs I'll be bringing tonight. But I remember your Zack Ryder signs, and those were awesome as well. I think I remember you saying you were sitting up a few rows from me. I'll be dressed up like Teddy Long. Blue pinstripe vest and pants, solid blue blazer. I'll have a purple 'HOLLA' sign that actually has lights flashing around it, haha. I'll try to get a picture closer to the show. My girlfriend, friends, and myself will also have signs that spell out 'YES!'.

G-Fex

NoRéN;35990031 said:
Certain demographics like women that look like 12 year old girls. That's my guess.

But I'm sure she prefers this to being glamslammed every week.

yup

See: Tom f'n Cruise, Plywood, Spindashing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom