• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Ohgodno.

Alright, it's getting too heated for me, have a good one everybody.

ugR73.gif

That Hogan article was a hoot. I heard a couple them before (like how The Hulkster claimed that he fought in PRIDE in the 70s
KuGsj.gif
) but some of them were new to me. Wonder what kind of stuff he's going to come up with once he leaves TNA.

Probably had Dixie in bed every night crying out for Hulkamania, brother!

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Probably had Dixie in bed every night crying out for Hulkamania, brother!

It's probably because his debut in TNA had such huge ratings. It had higher ratings than that nights Raw and the last episode of MASH combined.

And the only reason why TNA moved back to Thursdays was because TNA was destroying Raw in the ratings and The Hulkster didn't want TNA to destroy the competition and become a WCW.

XFArH.jpg

repost from reddit

What's Orton doing at Hardees? Is the voices in his head telling him to get a big star burger?

It looks like a Carls Jr to me brah. :p Who's that next to Orton? Jim Cornette Jr.?

It's probably because his debut in TNA had such huge ratings. It had higher ratings than that nights Raw and the last episode of MASH combined.

And the only reason why TNA moved back to Thursdays was because TNA was destroying Raw in the ratings and The Hulkster didn't want TNA to destroy the competition and become a WCW.

It looks like a Carls Jr to me brah. :p Who's that next to Orton? Jim Cornette Jr.?

iNyV5YkOeEWXV.gif

I hope this year they will stop Orton's current viper gimmick make him a cocky heel again or make him a real person he's too much of a robot right now

CM Punk should dress up like that more often

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372949&highlight=september+wrasslin&page=2

Got my hands on Smackdown early and all I can say is holy shit the crowd reaction to Punk at the start is priceless.

I have noticed a trend with Natalya. Her top always seems to rip during matches. One of these days she is gonna go all Janet Jackson on all of us

Just saw the Punk section of tonights smackdown... The crowd is priceless.

Can someone make a gif which goes like this:

pic/video of punk
dressed as jeffykins
pic/video of boy in yellow
pic of punk
pic of boy in black
pic of punk
pic of lady shaking her head
and so on and so forth.

There's a bunch of excellent crowd reactions. Its gold, i tell ya, GOLD!

Wow at the start of Smackdown. Oh shit wow. OMG

Holy shit, LOL!

"I certainly won't ever miss a show because of an incident at an airport, and I certainly won't ever skip a WrestleMania because I failed a test."

So from now on Smackdown is called The CM Punk Show.
The guy is so freaking good, i can taste Jeff fans tears... nom nom nom
Taste the happy Fersis!
:lol

EDIT: OH MY GAWD BEST OPENING EVAAAR!!!1!!!!

I'm pissed that i didn't have the money to go to Smackdown this week. I missed all of the Meth Hardy fans up close and in person. Damn economy.

I cracked up laughing when the kids were jumping up and down giving each other High Fives, but then the reality set in and they were :(

Also, some of those fans reactions were priceless. I mean, the look of pure disgust, like he just ran over their dog or something. That's a great heel right there.

OMG!!!! CM Punk All over MAA TITS !!!!!!!

Some one gif the kids in crowd when Meth Hardy's music played
:lol :lol :lol

Omfg @ the kids faces when they saw it was Punk :lol :lol :lol

The crowd reaction to Punk was something else.

That kid in the yellow shirt was dumbfounded. That opening promo was gold, that's how heels should get under a fan's skin.

The WWE has been playing with this gimmick that Mike Knox is actually a biological genius, and I think they really need to emphasize it more. I think once on Superstars they had a small promo with him in glasses talking about pain receptors or something and I found it amusing. JR just mentioned that Knox decreed that Finlay suffered from "fear paralysis syndrome." Anything would be better than his current gimmick, which is nothing.

Fuck

I have a man crush on Morrison
HUH?

What made it so sweet was Punk nailed the mannerisms and you could see some people STILL marking out even when most had it figured out

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
That was one of the funniest things I've EVER saw in my life. I swear I could not stop laughing for like 10 minutes. I think I had to look up Punk's promo on youtube because I was still laughing so hard during it.

UberTag

Cena's eventually going to find someone wearing his shirt after a few tries =(. Course it would be absolute gold if a guy is purposely wearing his shirt just so Cena will throw it to him and he can throw it back.
Here's how you make this segment gold.

Rock vs. Cena staredown... Cena tries to make it a back and forth with the fans but the crowd isn't having any of it.

Cena throws shirt out of the ring. It gets caught and flung back. Again he tries to throw the shirt, it gets flung right back this time hitting him in the face. He finds a third fan already wearing the shirt to give his shirt, too. That fan throws it back at him. He tries offering it to a Little Jimmy at ringside wearing Cena merchandise. The kid throws it back at him. Then, the kid takes off his Cena shirt to reveal a Rock shirt underneath and throws the 2nd shirt at Cena. Then, swarms of would-be Cena fans at ringside remove their Cena shirts to reveal Rock shirts and the entire ringside area gets carpeted in discarded Cena merchandise.

Rock vs. Cena staredown... Cena tries to make it a back and forth with the fans but the crowd isn't having any of it.

Cena throws shirt out of the ring. It gets caught and flung back. Again he tries to throw the shirt, it gets flung right back this time hitting him in the face. He finds a third fan already wearing the shirt to give his shirt, too. That fan throws it back at him. He tries offering it to a Little Jimmy at ringside wearing Cena merchandise. The kid throws it back at him. Then, the kid takes off his Cena shirt to reveal a Rock shirt underneath and throws the 2nd shirt at Cena. Then, swarms of would-be Cena fans at ringside remove their Cena shirts to reveal Rock shirts and the entire ringside area gets carpeted in discarded Cena merchandise.

Then next week, before you can even say, "Please Rock... Don't goooooo..."

HE LEAVES.

Nelo Ice

Banned

That would seriously make that match a guaranteed Wrestlemania classic lol. Would mark out if a bunch of fans just came wearing Cena merch then taking them off to reveal their allegiance to The Rock.

Random indy & puroresu news;

NOAH; Eddie Edwards & Colt Cabana will be representing ROH as a team in Pro-Wrestling NOAH's 2012 Global Tag League, which takes place from April 11th to April 29th. Takashi Sugiura, the no. 1 contender for Takeshi Morishima's GHC Heavyweight Title, has suffered a hernia so will be unable to take his title shot this Sunday, instead, it will be Takeshi Morishima (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji.

PWG; Final teams for the annual DDT4 Tag Tournament on April 21st have been announced;

. Appetite for Destruction (Kevin Steen & Super Dragon)
. The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky)
. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly)
. The Fightin' Taylor Boys (Bryan Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor)
. The Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied)
. The RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)
. Sami Callihan & Roderick Strong
. The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

ROH; CHIKARA stars will be in action at the next set of ROH TV tapings in Baltimore on April 7th.

Outstanding ROH Title shots;

. Michael Elgin (eligible for a ROH World Title shot after winning the 2011 Survival of the Fittest tournament)
. Roderick Strong (eligible for a ROH TV Title shot after surviving a 15 minute Proving Ground match against Jay Lethal at Glory By Honor X)
. The All-Night Express (eligible for a ROH Tag Title shot after surviving a 15 minute Proving Ground match against Haas & Benjamin back in December)

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

Then Cena's all

253763_o.gif

"Aww shucks you guys. It's ok, you're all on #TeamBringIt and that's great, I respect that! Because The Rock is great HE IS THE GREAT ONE GIVE IT UP FOR FUTURE WWE HALL OF FAMER DWAYNE THE ROCK JOHNSON!!!11"

When did Penguin get banned? :(

AW SONOFABITCH not another one :(

Aiii

So not worth it
XFArH.jpg

repost from reddit

What's Orton doing at Hardees? Is the voices in his head telling him to get a big star burger?

You know, I would look that unconfortable next to Orton as well. You never know if he'll suprise-RKO you right then and there. Dude whips those things out like there's no tomorrow. Plus, he hears voices in his head...

I still don't see how he's a succesful babyface :)

PWG; Final teams for the annual DDT4 Tag Tournament on April 21st have been announced;

. Appetite for Destruction (Kevin Steen & Super Dragon)
. The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky)
. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly)
. The Fightin' Taylor Boys (Bryan Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor)
. The Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied)
. The RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)
. Sami Callihan & Roderick Strong
. The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

ROH; CHIKARA stars will be in action at the next set of ROH TV tapings in Baltimore on April 7th.

Holy crap this years tournament is going to be insane!

Good on ROH getting some exposure for CHIKARA and trying something new with the tv to maybe increase viewership. I know I'll be watching.

G-Fex

He messed up his lines because he was visibly shaken by HBK shooting on him, ISN'T IT IRONIC?!

I don't get it.

They didn't want to re-act a botchamania moment? They didn't want to have Taker grab HBK by his throat?

Why? That would've been entertaining.

These old men just talk too much.

Aiii

So not worth it
He should've just written the date on his wrists is all.

Damn Cena for ruining wrist notes for everyone!

Ithil

You know, I would look that unconfortable next to Orton as well. You never know if he'll suprise-RKO you right then and there. Dude whips those things out like there's no tomorrow. Plus, he hears voices in his head...

I still don't see how he's a succesful babyface :)

Because he's good looking or something.

Ultratech

That was one of the funniest things I've EVER saw in my life. I swear I could not stop laughing for like 10 minutes. I think I had to look up Punk's promo on youtube because I was still laughing so hard during it.

I remember that. He came out and I was thinking, "That can't be Jeff..." and then I realized who it was and it was the most hilaroius thing ever.

When did Penguin get banned? :(

Nooo...not another one!

GAF giveths then takeths away...

I thought Colt Cabana left RoH months ago?

I don't know if he's done with ROH for good, Steen keeps mentioning him in promos and he's not currently being booked by ROH, but I guess they chose Colt & Eddie as they got over well with the Japanese crowds during their respective NOAH tours last year.

Some Wrestle Mania news.

-Word is that the reason that WWE has released so few matches for WrestleMania 28 is that WWE wants to give time for Rock vs. John Cena, HHH vs. Undertaker and CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho as well as time for any promos and vignettes involving the Rock on the show.

- At last word, CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho will open the show, while Triple H vs. Undertaker will happen in the middle, and Rock vs. John Cena will close the show.

- At this time The Miz doesn't have a match set for WrestleMania 28. There's been talk of having someone involved in the bout to set up the finish, and the Miz has been talking up the fact via social media that he will be "involved" in the main event.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

I'm fine with all this news except for The Miz run in. Save it for after the match because he's going to suck all the energy out of the stadium if he interferes during it. Last year they didnt have enough time for the main event so at least all the top matches will be getting the time they need.

Ithil

Some Wrestle Mania news.

-Word is that the reason that WWE has released so few matches for WrestleMania 28 is that WWE wants to give time for Rock vs. John Cena, HHH vs. Undertaker and CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho as well as time for any promos and vignettes involving the Rock on the show.

- At last word, CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho will open the show, while Triple H vs. Undertaker will happen in the middle, and Rock vs. John Cena will close the show.

- At this time The Miz doesn't have a match set for WrestleMania 28. There's been talk of having someone involved in the bout to set up the finish, and the Miz has been talking up the fact via social media that he will be "involved" in the main event.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

I'm fine with all this news except for The Miz run in. Save it for after the match because he's going to suck all the energy out of the stadium if he interferes during it. Last year they didnt have enough time for the main event so at least all the top matches will be getting the time they need.
They don't even mention the WHC match?

It's ridiculous that both their World title matches are marginalised in favour of two non-title matches.

They don't even mention the WHC match?

It's ridiculous that both their World title matches are marginalised in favour of two non-title matches.

Sheamus/D Bryne to be made a dark match again, how else will they fit those lengthy Cena and Rock promos into the show itself?

On another note I started reading Jericho's second book last night, it's been a humorous read so far but I couldn't help but notice that Jericho mentions something along the lines that the WWE style heel (circa 1999) was said to not be made too cowardly or else no one would take them seriously as a threat, shame WWE seemed to throw this out the window at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom