• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
bean breath and Bootaaay have just shown you marks just how good Rock's concert was. They didn't even have to post ratings.

You 10%ers don't know nothing.

#brother

Its on! The war to settle the score. A steel cage 60 minute iron man exploding ring ladder match! Two Wrassle GAF members enter, one leaves. Live from Miami April 21st on IPPV.

Anyone listen to The Art of Wrestling today? Apparently Colt Cabana and CHIKARA are holding a contest to fly a person to Philly for the IPPV in June all expenses paid. Colt said they want to give back to the fans which is awesome because alot of companies see all fans as dumb marks. Its nice that no matter how much you mark out for something their is a company and a wrestler who won't make you feel dumb for it. Go Colt Cabana and go CHIKARA.

The thing is Bill, we're the last representatives of a bygone era and on April 7th we're finally going put that era to an end.

Listening to AOW right now, if you've ever wanted to learn what a blue collar Calgary accent sounds like then I suggest everyone listen. It's hard to put a finger on the specific linguistics of it, but I know so many damn people that sound like him.

bean breath and Bootaaay have just shown you marks just how good Rock's concert was. They didn't even have to post ratings.

#brother
Your #heelturn just isn't clicking, #brother. Go back to #face or you're going to start beating up JR and join the animeGAF #Alliance

the CHIKARA events for February got released today!!!

20120225chikaradvd.jpg

"A Death Worse Than Fate" - 2.25.2012 - Reading, PA

Includes:
1. Ophidian vs. Green Ant
2. El Hijo del Ice Cream vs. Saturyne
3. Fire Ant/Soldier Ant vs. Dasher Hatfield/"Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
4. Brodie Lee vs. Jigsaw
5. Kobald vs. Colt Cabana
6. Obariyon/Kodama/Tim Donst/Jakob Hammermeier vs. 3.0/Eddie Kingston/Gregory Iron
7. Archibald Peck vs. Sara Del Rey
8. Chuck Taylor/Icarus vs. Hallowicked/UltraMantis Black [Campeonatos de Parejas]
9. Bonus Material: Quiz Present Crisis Battle!

"A Death Worse Than Fate" for digital download

20120226chikaradvd.jpg

"Caught in the Spider's Den" - 2.26.2012 - Long Island, NY
1. Francis Kipland Stevens vs. Kobald
2. Dasher Hatfield/"Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti vs. 3.0
3. Archibald Peck vs. Ophidian
4. Gran Akuma vs. Chuck Taylor
5. Saturyne vs. Sara Del Rey
6. UltraMantis Black vs. Colt Cabana
7. Mike Quackenbush/Jigsaw/Fire Ant/Soldier Ant vs. Obariyon/Kodama/Tim Donst/Jakob Hammermeier
8. Eddie Kingston vs. Vin Gerard [CHIKARA Grand Championship vs. Career]
9. Bonus Material: Quiz Present Crisis Battle!

"Caught in the Spider's Den" for digital download

NoRéN

#brother

Naw, man. bean breath and Bootaaay just showed the Rock how to do it properly. Notice the lack of sing alongs?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NoRéN;36067141 said:
Naw, man. bean breath and Bootaaay just showed the Rock how to do it properly. Notice the lack of sing alongs?
Dwayne simply allows others to expand upon his body of work. The only reason people might have seen his concert as bad is because he is saving his charisma for Wrestlefest and the jabroni's marked for Vanilla Ice Cena.

RBH

--WWE CFO George Barrios was hit with a lot of negative questions at the 2012 ROTH Growth Stock Conference where he gave a presentation and then they took questions:

*He didn't comment on the network past saying they were in negotiations and didn't want to say anything because that would impact negotiations. He noted they were in better position than most who start their own network because they own the rights to so much content.

*One person brought up WWE, claiming the business is failing and pointing to how UFC is beating them and he claimed that they blow UFC out of the water in TV ratings (true), how Smackdown beat UFC this past Friday (true) and that UFC is primarily a PPV business while they are primarily a TV business. He claimed it was a misconception that UFC has any effect on WWE business (internally that is the company public line but privately many know better and those also note the people who don't are living in denial). But I don't think UFC any longer has any effect on WWE ratings, minimal effect on ticket sales (if both groups are running the same arena in close proximity there is an effect) and a substantial effect on PPV which even Vince McMahon has acknowledged, although claiming it's not UFC, but that if there is a UFC they get less barker commercial time and that's why their numbers are down.

*The same person talked about how the WWE movie business sucks, Barrios did say the film business was a disaster in 2011 but argued they should stay in the business with the new model, saying the last idea they had for how to release moves was an expensive lesson.

*There was also criticism of not being able to create new big stars to replace the ones who have left. He noted that the roster has been rapidly changing with retirements and said the fans would choose who the next big star is, and mentioned Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara and Jinder Mahal as potential international stars, noting that due to international expansion, the brand itself is as strong as it's ever been.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...dhart-jailed-hogan-suit-thrown-out--punk-rock

RBH

--Jim Neidhart was sentenced to five months and 29 days in jail on a charge that he had stolen methadone tablets and oxycontin pills from a neighbor in September, 2010, who claimed someone had broken in to the back door of her house and stolen medication from her. During the hearing Neidhart had an outburst and was also charged with contempt of court. At last report, Neidhart was still being held after being booked yesterday afternoon.

--One of Hulk Hogan's lawsuits against ex-wife Linda, this one blaming her for not getting an insurance policy that would have protected the family in the event of the major lawsuit, as happened with the Graziano case, was thrown out of court today. Hogan had sued both his insurance company, Wells Fargo and his wife, for both not advising him he was inadequately insured. Linda's attorney played this up as a major court victory. The lawsuit Hogan has against her for slander and libel regarding public statements she had made against him in her book was not affected by this.

--When asked about the rumor he would be inducting Yokozuna into the WWE Hall of Fame, Bret Hart on twitter said he has not even been asked. I don't know who is doing so, but they do have the complete list drawn up and I was only told it wasn't Dwayne Johnson.

--A funny line from Joey Styles on the VOC Nation radio show regarding Eric Bischoff and what he wrote on Twitter knocking Jeremy Borash asking if when Bischoff was on the same show before, was he burying his co-workers or does he only do that late at night while at the bar? He defended Borash saying he works a lot harder than others at TNA who make a lot more money than he does.

--Both Styles and Jim Ross have talked about the Ric Flair/Hall of Fame issue pushing that TNA should just let him do it and Styles even said that if they don't, it would be classless. No, what would be classless is advertising someone under contract with a rival company for a show you are putting on, nearly selling the place out, and then say it's classless that they are looking for compensation or a business agreement between sides to allow him to do it. My take on this is, whatever TNA and WWE can agree to business-wise should be how it turns out. And if they don't, WWE is the one at fault for not calling them first and making the business deal before advertising his name. If TNA was to create its own Hall of Fame before Bound for Glory, and next year announced Hogan, Flair, Savage and Steve Austin as its first entrants, sell tickets, and since Austin is under WWE contract, if WWE wanted a deal for Austin's appearance, would that also be considered classless?

--Styles pushed for Paul Heyman to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame next year when they are in New Jersey. He also pushed for Bill Apter to be put in and said Jim Ross should be announcing the Undertaker vs. HHH match at Mania, since they are pushing it as the end of an era and Ross was the announcer of that era. Really, Ross should be doing the whole show, but that's more than a year old issue.

--Torrie Wilson on twitter said she and boyfriend Alex Rodriguez are going to attend WrestleMania. Rodriguez grew up in Miami and at least at one point was friends with Konnan. He once walked Konnan to the ring at Nitro and boy did WCW do absolutely nothing with that one. I remember seeing it and thinking it must be a dream to see a celebrity that big and have so little made of him. But then I watched the rest of Nitro and realized that in my wildest imaginations, I could never come up with ideas that bad so it had to be real.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-sto...-out--punk-rock

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the only person I can see the fans getting behind is Kofi. We were eating him up until STUPID happened.

Kaladin

Well, we now know the divas match and the celebrity involvement for Wrestlemania:

WWE Divas champ Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly & Extra's Maria Menounos

Really.....that's all they could put together?

UberTag

How is Triple H vs Taker ending an era? I'm pretty sure Triple H forgot that Mark Henry is part of that same era.
Mark Henry doesn't count.
Neither does Chris Jericho, Christian, The Big Show, Kane, Goldust, Rey Mysterio, The Rock or their entire commentary team not named Josh Mathews.

In short, eras end when Triple H SAYS they end. PERIOD.

G-Fex

Well, we now know the divas match and the celebrity involvement for Wrestlemania:

WWE Divas champ Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly & Extra's Maria Menounos

Really.....that's all they could put together?

Do people even watch Extra anymore?

then again...people watching Extra must be asking...do people even watch WWE anymore?

UberTag

Do people even watch Extra anymore?

then again...people watching Extra must be asking...do people even watch WWE anymore?
What's sad is that Maria Menounos will run the ropes and bump better than most of the divas roster. They need to stop these Mania guest appearances... just results in making the rest of the talent look bad.

Which diva pulls a Melina tantrum and bitches about Menounos stealing their Mania payday?

G-Fex

I was browsing youtube when I came across a video of the match between Lesnar and Hogan back in 2003.

I was still a kid when I saw it and I remember being shocked at how Lesnar demolished Hogan. That was some good booking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1kithVZjts&feature=related

Wow that's a pretty awesome match. Lesnar and Hogan deserve props for that.

Ubertag said:
What's sad is that Maria Menounos will run the ropes and bump better than most of the divas roster. They need to stop these Mania guest appearances... just results in making the rest of the talent look bad.

Which diva pulls a Melina tantrum and bitches about Menounos stealing their Mania payday?

Haha that's true. Man the Diva's division sucks

They won't. They'll make the rest lumberjacks around the ring so they all get a payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom