• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Seriously, how can anyone not just love A.J.?

Marvel.com: What's more of an ideal date for you: seeing a flick like "Marvel’s The Avengers" in theaters then debating favorite characters with your date over fro-yo or a musical followed by a multi-course meal at a five-star restaurant?
AJ: First, you should probably never use the word “fro-yo” again. Trust me, it's for the best. Second, I would never see a chick flick much less a musical. And, as referenced earlier, my jeans and chucks would probably be frowned upon at a fancy restaurant. I'm definitely not the type of girl who ever wants the fancy things in life. A Marvel movie and ice cream sounds like my dream date. In fact I will have to take Daniel to see “The Avengers” when it comes out. I pay for most dates.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18321/fightin_fangirls_wwe_diva_aj#ixzz1pJxYHtTZ

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, I don't catch every page of WrestleGaf, but there is an "e-book" about the first years of TNA that's pretty interesting.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/grungereport/index.php?showforum=197

It's written in the oral history style so it's very easy to read. Lots of backstage stories, lots of wrestlecrap. You can read it all online for free.

Thanks for sharing! It's a really interesting read so far.

Just got to the Vince Russo chapter. Looks like him and Vince McMahon have something in common!

Wrekt

I don't even know. I don't even know what this thread is.

People treat the thread like an e-fed. Any actually wrestling discussion gets glossed over. Then 2 day old news gets reposted on every page.

That about sums it up, anyway.

Mr. Sam

People treat the thread like an e-fed. Any actually wrestling discussion gets glossed over. Then 2 day old news gets reposted on every page.

That about sums it up, anyway.

E-fed? Hah! This is a heel turn if I've ever seen one!

What's your finish?

Forkball

There's a Russo-generation?

iCd30ESXRDWTL.gif

Come on. Do it!

Look at them mark out for Dean Malenko. Wrestling audiences today are just too timid.

DMczaf

I've just received a message from Heavy.

And I quote,

Heavy's return is set to eclipse DMczaf's Puff Daddy themed come back, Spindashing's subtle Jericho return, and Frankman's 6th unbanning this year. I'm hyped.

Heavy will probably mark out to his own damn return.

MIKEAL

Banned
Look at them mark out for Dean Malenko. Wrestling audiences today are just too timid.

well, wrestling audiences today have nothing to mark out for. None of today's top-card wrestlers have the look, charisma, or skill-set that even mid-card guys had plenty of back then

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
well, wrestling audiences today have nothing to mark out for. None of today's top-card wrestlers have the look, charisma, or skill-set that even mid-card guys had plenty of back then
Well they're not allowed to.

Course then they receive full blame for not getting themselves over.

Ya know, when midcard champions have no feuds. When Former Heavyweight champs become jobbers.

When chosen people job because they're ex-wife stirred some shit.

When you've worked for a company for several years on end and get fed to a person who kills ratings. But it's okay because you'll get one more match.

DMczaf

Meh, after listening to JR I believe him about guys being too scared to do anything that will make them stand out. Just stay quiet and collect your paycheck until you get released during the post-WM exodus.

Meh, after listening to JR I believe him about guys being too scared to do anything that will make them stand out. Just stay quiet and collect your paycheck until you get released during the post-WM exodus.
Is it too early to start guessing who is gonna get the boot after mania?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

Ya know, when midcard champions have no feuds. When Former Heavyweight champs become jobbers.

When chosen people job because they're ex-wife stirred some shit.

When you've worked for a company for several years on end and get fed to a person who kills ratings. But it's okay because you'll get one more match.

When you actually get yourself over and win a championship only to get put in a half assed storyline and lose the belt in a week and practically lose all your momentum.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A lot of them are afraid to take initiative because they're receiving too many mixed messages.

A number of them don't even get to show their personality because they aren't allowed anywhere near a mic. Then when they get themselves over like Punk or Ryder they get defused with bad feuds/storylines.

Then it's obvious that WWE themselves aren't all that interested in building stars with all their short term planning and going with whatever sticks for the next half hour.

FFS Finlay got fired for yelling at Snooki.

Juventud got fired for doing high flying moves despite being a fucking CRUISERWEIGHT.

Jomo got fired over his girlfriend.

Sheamus was put to retire the King of the Ring because some asshat hated him.

Swagger does nothing but lose matches.

Drew's shitstreak carries despite being divorced from his former wife.

Vince makes injured Mark Henry still work.

List goes on, shit is goofy. The game is bananas.
When you actually get yourself over and win a championship only to get put in a half assed storyline and lose the belt in a week and practically lose all your momentum.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom