• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Goddammit, every thread where WrassleGAF spreads to gets locked.

idnuKp0WX6rud.gif

smurfx

get some go again
i watched wwe's top 50 shocking moments and this one guy with a unibrow was all over it. holy shit is that guy annoying.

somedevil

So the final Wrestlemania Card is set:

Rock vs Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Cody vs Big Show
Team Johnny vs Team Long
Orton vs Kane
Diva Tag match

So what do you think of the card and what should the match order be? I think this is a very good card and should easily be better than last years Wrestlemania.

RBH

Rock vs Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Cody vs Big Show
Team Johnny vs Team Long
Orton vs Kane
Diva Tag match

So what do you think of the card and what should the match order be? I think this is a very good card and should easily be better than last years Wrestlemania.

Blows Wrestlemania 27's card out of the water.

:(

Izick

Rock vs Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Cody vs Big Show
Team Johnny vs Team Long
Orton vs Kane
Diva Tag match

I'm very excited to see Punk vs. Jericho, and...that's it. I'm kind of excited to see what shenanigans go down in the Undertaker vs. HHH match, but it's kind of got a been there, done that feeling. The team Excitement vs. Team Playa match will probably awful, but I will say it has an interesting consequence for the winner. The Rock/Cena match has been destroyed by its build-up to the point where I don't care about anything about it.

EDIT:

KfUvX.jpg

Joining the reddit stealing trend. Not photoshopped.

Ithil

Rock vs Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Cody vs Big Show
Team Johnny vs Team Long
Orton vs Kane
Diva Tag match

Pretty good card, much better than last years. I could have done without Orton/Kane and Cody should be better used but it should be a good night. I'm really looking forward to the two World title matches, and the HIAC and Tag Team Match Playa should be good (well, maybe the Tag Match won't be good, but there should be some fun shenanigans)

Ideal match order for me would be:

1. Orton vs. Kane
2. Cody vs. Big Show
3. Bryan vs. Sheamus
4. Team Ace vs. Team Long
5. Punk vs. Jericho
6. Taker vs. HHH
7. Divas Tag match (lol? not even a singles?)
8. Rock vs. Cena

I'm not totally happy with this order, as I think the four main events should all have a smaller match in between them, and Punk/Jericho and the HIAC are back to back in that one.

If it's true that Punk and Jericho are opening the show, then I would like this similar order:

1. Punk vs. Jericho
2. Orton vs. Kane
3. Cody vs. Big Show
4. Bryan vs. Sheamus
5. Team Ace vs. Team Long
6. Taker vs. HHH
7. Divas Tag match (lol? not even a singles?)
8. Rock vs. Cena

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Rock vs Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Cody vs Big Show
Team Johnny vs Team Long
Orton vs Kane
Diva Tag match

My hope is the team match will be made TLC.

Rock vs Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Cody vs Big Show
Team Johnny vs Team Long
Orton vs Kane
Diva Tag match

Starting from the opener...

Team Johnny vs Team Long
It wasn't unusual for previous WM ppvs to open with the MITB match so i don't see why having the big tag match at the start would be a bad idea, this match has actually been built quite well so far and you do get the impression that Johnny and Teddy don't like each other which adds to the match. Still i'll have to see more team members before getting too excited but given a fair bit of time (unlike last years tag disaster) and it could make for a fun and frantic opener, hopefully won by Team Excitement.

Cody Rhodes vs Big Show
I wouldn't expect this one to go on too long, I get the feelin that they might give Show the win here and he can throw yet another title into his surprisingly great lineup of titles held. As much as some may not like it the idea of Big Show getting his WM singles victory over the crafty Rhodes gives a feel good victory for the face side, of course i'd still prefer Cody to win.

Bryan vs Sheamus
Despite how stellar Bryan's heel work has been recently this build up is lacking big time right now, fortunately there should be a pretty great match here regardless of crummy booking, i'm expecting that Bryan will have another AJ scheme at the ready that she will either blunder or refuse to partake in when the time comes leading to a Sheamus victory, the match will probably be shorter than one would like.

Undertaker vs HHH
I anticipate an unnecessarily long bout that will drain the audience so the following match is going to suffer but I don't want to trap all the big matches together at the top of the card. Should be a good enough match but I can't say i'm excited at all, it will involve plenty of nap time on the canvas for both men to sell the brutality of the cell and it will be a finisher fest to end all finisher fests, you know the more I talk about it the more I dread it. Taker wins and finally puts DX behind him.....and takes another year long break.

Orton vs Kane
If there's one man who might be able to bring people alive after a lenghty HIAC match i'd wager the viper as a pretty solid bet, all he has to do is start pulling silly faces as he hears the voices and he's instantly got the ladies vote. I'm pretty chuffed that Kane finally has an actual match at WM that isn't a multi man thing, a 10 second Chavo squash or The Great Khali. But even i'm aware that Kane is pretty middling these days, it'll be an average bout with sufficient length and ends with Kane taking an awkward looking RKO which is guaranteed to be called by Cole as out of nowhere even if it's nothing of the sort.

Divas match
Who cares? i'd use it as a buffer between the following two matches but the idea of a match so poorly thrown together being that close to the main event upsets me, maybe the crowd still need time to get over the Cell so here's the divas doing their 2 minute tussle.

Punk vs Jericho
Should be a good match but i'm very lukewarm on current Jericho so i'm struggling to get into this feud, plus I was stung before by the ho-hum Edge/Jericho and HHH/Jericho.
Basically i'm saying that the Jericho curse comes back for his WM title matches. Good to see Punk heading into WM as champ.

Rock vs Cena
The build up is absolute balls but no doubt I wont care about any of that the moment the entrances begin and I become incredibly hyped, I don't quite know what to expect expect Cena to be victorious, there's potential for shenanigans here but i'm not going to begin predicting that, i'll just prepare for a WM22 crowd reaction finish and laugh.

1.Punk vs Jericho
2.Team Johnny vs Team Long
3.Bryan vs Sheamus
4.Cody vs Big Show
5.Undertaker vs Triple H
6.Orton vs Kane
7.Diva Tag match
8.Rock vs Cena

this years card looks incredible the only matches i don't really like are the ortan/kane and divas

1.Punk vs Jericho
2.Team Johnny vs Team Long
3.Bryan vs Sheamus
4.Cody vs Big Show
5.Undertaker vs Triple H
6.Orton vs Kane
7.Diva Tag match
8.Rock vs Cena

this years card looks incredible the only matches i don't really like are the ortan/kane and divas

Yup, but they have to give us bathroom break matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just started watching Smackdown. First few seconds made me very happy, but...

Why didn't they pipe in boos for Christian, is a face turn imminent? Please let Bryan win so he and Christian can fued over the title! Christian deserves ONE. MORE. MATCH!

Aiii

So not worth it
This I know, my question is, why did they not pipe in the booing, as they normally do on Smackdown when the crowd doesn't react or doesn't react the way they want to.

Izick

This I know, my question is, why did they not pipe in the booing, as they normally do on Smackdown when the crowd doesn't react or doesn't react the way they want to.

Maybe just laziness or forgetfulness. I never put that past the WWE.

Khrno

Because of what I said, since it's a return, it's ok to get cheered, after that is up to the person to turn things around if they happen to be a heel.

Brazzers should be on that picture.

With his right arm blurred out. LOL.

I love Beth Phoenix. If I had the chance to be with her, I would try hard to make her very happy. I would really treat her right, and try my best to enjoy the things she enjoys. What I am saying is I would put in a real effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom