• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I said this a few days ago. People really reach when they dislike a wrestler.

Back in February:
Now with this incredibly busy slate of action movies, how are you finding time to train for a WrestleMania main event?

You fit it in, that's what you do. I make sure there's a ring on location with me, anywhere that I shoot. I had a ring down in New Orleans, when I was preparing for the Madison Square Garden event. I have a ring down in Florida, a ring down in Louisiana; there's always a ring close by. In order to prep for WrestleMania, it's a lengthy training camp that requires daily work inside the ring because you can't simulate the physicality of professional wrestling.

NoRéN;36109867 said:
Off topic but what the inspiration for your username?
When I bought my Xbox 360 I couldn't come up with a username to call myself online. One of my friends just said "HarryDemeanor" and I used it as my online name ever since. Not a whole lot of history behind it. Just a bunch of nonsense.

G-Fex

NoRéN;36109867 said:
Off topic but what the inspiration for your username?
I don't know but its a fun name to call out during announcement as he comes to the ring.

Haarrry Daaaaaaaameeeeeeeeannnnnnnn Errrrrrrrrr

DMczaf

Matt Bloom, who was New Japan's top foreign star as Giant Bernard, and had formerly wrestled as Prince Albert and A-Train in WWE, is scheduled to return to the promotion after WrestleMania.

The idea given was for him to be the henchman for John Laurinaitis.

-F4W

HHklt.jpg

NoRéN

When I bought my Xbox 360 I couldn't come up with a username to call myself online. One of my friends just said "HarryDemeanor" and I used it as my online name ever since. Not a whole lot of history behind it. Just a bunch of nonsense.
haha. Good stuff. I was hoping your name was Harry and you like to be all scruffy and wildernessman-like.
I don't know but its a fun name to call out during announcement as he comes to the ring.

Haarrry Daaaaaaaameeeeeeeeannnnnnnn Errrrrrrrrr

I figure that would be fun to hear. I imagine xbox live sessions after HarryDemeanor gets a kill to be like, " Fuck you, HarryDemeanor you f*****!"

NoRéN;36110280 said:
haha. Good stuff. I was hoping your name was Harry and you like to be all scruffy and wildernessman-like.

I figure that would be fun to hear. I imagine xbox live sessions after HarryDemeanor gets a kill to be like, " Fuck you, HarryDemeanor you f*****!"
Well I do somewhat fit the scruffy and wildernessman look.

I do get a whole lot of "HarryDemeanor? That's a fucking stupid gamertag." while on Xbox Live.

NoRéN

I wonder if they'll call him Albert, or give him a different name. It isn't like most of the audience will remember him.

But he has been great in New Japan. Glad to see him back.

That's a good point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Excitement, living up to his nickname, is out on the town looking to add a little excitement to the evening. There he spots something neon and alluring out of the corner of his eye: a tattoo parlor. Despite Mr. Otunga's protest, Big Johnny walks into the shop because, "He has a good feeling about that place". There he meets *insert cool name here*, the imposing shop owner.
A few moments pass and out comes Big Johnny, grinning that Big Johnny grin but with no tattoos or piercings in sight. Instead he is followed Albert whom he has hired to be his personal administrator of sorts, the man in charge of keeping the talent in line.

G-Fex

NoRéN;36111528 said:
Don't make fun of him! He and Cody represent all people with lisps, dammit! Can you imagine how much it sucks to have an S in your name when you have a lisp? Huh? HUH?
Haha they do have lisps that's funny.

NoRéN

Haha they do have lisps that's funny.

On a scale from least to most I guess it goes

Cody > Swagger > Dusty Rhodes

Dammit! Now I'm trying to recall the AoW podcast with someone sharing a Dusty Rhodes story involving a spider. The person telling the story did a great impression of Dusty.

edit: It's on the AoW podcast with Luke Gallows.

G-Fex

NoRéN;36111611 said:
On a scale from least to most I guess it goes

Cody > Swagger > Dusty Rhodes

Dammit! Now I'm trying to recall the AoW podcast with someone sharing a Dusty Rhodes story involving a spider. The person telling the story did a great impression of Dusty.
Bwahahahaha. Now I have to give Spindashing or Plywood a lisp during promos.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Swagger is the most useless pos I have ever seen.

in ECW he was great...went undefeated right to the title

then he showed up on Raw.....

then he won MitB and cashed it in the same week....

then he wasn't the cocky guy anymore and they put him in a suit :(

then he finally lost the title and never got a rematch

then he was stuck in limbo before showing up on the first Smackdown on SyFy with the greatest manager of all time...

DAT EAGLE

The Eagle was more over than Cena

I think the whole storyline with Big Show with the trophy and beating up Swagger's dad killed everything

then he was stuck in limbo before showing up on the first Smackdown on SyFy with the greatest manager of all time...

DAT EAGLE

I think the whole storyline with Big Show with the trophy and beating up Swagger's dad killed everything
VRI0d.gif

Brinbe

DAT EAGLE

Preach! The Swagle was the fucking best. Of course, they fucked that up. Not only was that Big Show shit bad, but then they stuck him with Cole for that Lawler feud and it was all downhill from there, and he still hasn't recovered.

Jamie OD

Very happy to hear Giant Bernard is getting another chance in WWE. He has done very well for himself in Japan the last couple of years and improved a lot. We're moving into a period where WWE is no longer hesitant to sign up well known names in the indy and international scenes. If all goes well the roster in a few years time will be a big improvement over what we have now.

Albert/A-Train got so much better in Japan, it's crazy. He's not even remotely the same wrestler he was during his first run.

Glad to see him getting another shot.

Awesome news about Albert, I wonder what Karl Anderson will do now though? He's had some good singles matches in New Japan, but Bad Intentions was always the main attraction and, unlike Bernard, he wasn't ever really in any of the singles titles picture.

Speaking of New Japan, here's the latest show, featuring a huge 10 man tag match with Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue facing off against Minoru Suzuki, Yoshihiro Takayama, Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi. Then, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma take on Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi, while in the main event Prince Devitt defends his IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title against ROH World Champion Davey Richards;

NJPW - NEW JAPAN GLORY - 10.03.2012
Nagoya International Conference Hall
2,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1z5o2

01. Tomohiro Ishii vs Takaaki Watanabe

02. KUSHIDA vs Hiromu Takahashi

03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Jado, Gedo & Rocky Romero

04. Karl Anderson, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI

05. Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs Minoru Suzuki, Yoshihiro Takayama, Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

06. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

07. Prince Devitt (c) vs Davey Richards

SoulPlaya and Nocturnowl, did you see that? Orton embraces the hate, too!
You are the equivalent of a smirking Cena in my promo adorned with red lighting and dramatic background music.

They call him Albert as a excuse to say attitudinal again.

They can just call him "Attitudinal Albert" for his new ring name, then he gets buried by Cena for coming to close to the attitude adjustment name.
Really though, i'm intrigued to see how much better he is now.

Ithil

Just realised it's St. Patrick's Day. Better make a joke about that.

Let's see...

If Alex Riley were dressed entirely in black today, he still wouldn't get pinched.

A-Train was boring as hell last time I saw him, which was in WWE.

What has he improved on in Japan?

Everything. His promo work is better, more aggressive and intense, he comes across as a real monster (probably helped by the fact that, unlike WWE, there's no one else quite as large as Giant Bernard in New Japan). In-ring, he benefited a ton from the longer New Japan style matches, being able to utilise a greater diversity of moves and a ton of smaller opponents to work with and bump big for him, not to mention being in one of the most successful and dominant gaijin tag teams for years in Japan.

If you want to see some good recent matches of his, check these out;

Giant Bernard vs Minoru Suzuki - (NJPW 12/04/11)
Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson (c) vs Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer - (NJPW 11/11/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom