• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting for the new page - watch Prince Devitt vs Davey Richards, it's good, I promise;

NJPW - NEW JAPAN GLORY - 10.03.2012
Nagoya International Conference Hall
2,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1z5o2

01. Tomohiro Ishii vs Takaaki Watanabe

02. KUSHIDA vs Hiromu Takahashi

03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Jado, Gedo & Rocky Romero

04. Karl Anderson, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI

05. Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs Minoru Suzuki, Yoshihiro Takayama, Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

06. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

07. Prince Devitt (c) vs Davey Richards

Ithil

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Keyser!

pFSKE.jpg

LI2yH.jpg

4USqh.gif

One Irish guy, a British guy and an American guy.

I feel so represented.

I live in Twickenham. Today is the Ireland VS England Rugby match.

I'm going to get smashed and decked.

Gonna be a great day. :)

My brother is working as security at Twickenham Stadium too. Heh.

Who's in for the CHIKARA watch party tonight? Really looking forward to UltraMantis Black & Hallowicked vs Taylor and Icarus, Sara Del Rey vs Archibald Peck, UltraMantis Black vs Colt Cabana, 3.0 vs The Throwbacks, and of course Eddie Kingston vs Vin Gerard for the CHIKARA Grand Championship.

Also this new Ultra Mantis Black shirt is pretty snazzy.

distort.jpg

I'm in, depending on how drunk I am by whatever time you guys start watching. Really looking forward to UMB vs Colt, Kingston vs Gerard & F.I.S.T. vs Hallowicked & UMB - also, interested to see how Saturyne fares against Sara Del Rey in what is her biggest match to date.

Incidentally, SmartMark have opened up their VOD website with shows from AAW, AIW, ACW, CHIKARA, CZW, ISW and more;

http://www.smvod.com/

Just saw Giant Bernard signed back with WWE. A weird signing for them that came out of nowhere. He will be tapping out to Cena within 2 months on Raw.

It's only a weird signing for WWE in the sense that they've hired a big guy who can actually work for once :p

BoboBrazil said:
He will be tapping out to Cena within 2 months on Raw.

Probably, either that or WWE have just acquired "The 2nd Living Funkasaurus in Captivity!"

Mr. Sam

I can think of much, much worse things than being a monster of the week for John Cena. Anyway, word is that he'll be Laurinaitis' muscle, isn't it?

His tag partner Karl Anderson seems to be saying the same;

"@Machinegunka - Just drank a shit load of beer with Yuji Nagata...I don't know what people are talking about with these Giant Bernard rumors..."

Lol, Meltzer.

Also, Daniel Bryan blogs about what AJ can do to be a better diva;

http://www.facebook.com/notes/danie...-make-herself-a-better-diva/10150719625906311

I wanted to publicly share some things that AJ can do to make herself a better Diva:

• 1. Be taller. Not sure how? How about trading in those Chuck Taylors for a nice pair of heels?
  • 2. Adopt a strict vegan lifestyle to stay mentally and physically fit. Maybe if you stop eating eggs, you’ll stop walking on eggshells all the time.
  • 3. Highlight your beauty through silence. Be seen but not heard.
  • 4. Focus on inspiring others as a role model, exhibiting real beauty on the inside and outside … like me.
  • 5. How about trading in those skulls you wear on your clothes for the butterfly of the Divas Title?
  • 6. Remember that “gamer” really means “loser couch potato”.
  • 7. Only champions have enough discipline to not get fat from eating vegan animal crackers. Please stop asking me to share and buy a second box.
  • 8. Just consider that Pokemon is a silly children’s game and will prevent people from taking you seriously.
  • 9. To create a constant glow, fill yourself with the blissful reality that you are dating the World Heavyweight Champion!
D.B.

Lol.

Brinbe

Oh, that is fantastic... Gonna enjoy these last two weeks of D.Brine's reign before he gets smushed into oblivion by Sheamus.

Why are they putting lists like that one Facebook, when he could be reading it on tv?

Also, I'm thinking Bryan will win at Mania. I just get that gut feeling.

Which Chikara event you guys watching tonight?

Thinking on buying one.

Also didn't knew Ultamantis black is vegan, vegan wrestlers are on a role today.

Kaladin

Who's in for the CHIKARA watch party tonight? Really looking forward to UltraMantis Black & Hallowicked vs Taylor and Icarus, Sara Del Rey vs Archibald Peck, UltraMantis Black vs Colt Cabana, 3.0 vs The Throwbacks, and of course Eddie Kingston vs Vin Gerard for the CHIKARA Grand Championship.

Also this new Ultra Mantis Black shirt is pretty snazzy.

distort.jpg

I'm in for tonight. Just bought both events, they're downloading now. :)

Which Chikara event you guys watching tonight?

Thinking on buying one.

Also didn't knew Ultamantis black is vegan, vegan wrestlers are on a role today.

We're watching the two latest events starting at 8pm EST.

First:

Chikara DVD February 25, 2012 "A Death Worse Than Fate" - Reading, PA
1. Ophidian vs. Green Ant
2. El Hijo Del Ice Cream vs. Saturyne
3. The Colony (Fire Ant & Soldier Ant) vs. The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mark Angelosetti)
4. Brodie Lee vs. Jigsaw
5. Kobald vs. Colt Cabana
6. The Batiri, Tim Donst & Jakob Hammermeier vs. 3.0, Eddie Kingston & Gregory Iron
7. Archibald Peck vs. Sara Del Rey
8. F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor & Icarus) vs. Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
9. Bonus Material: Quiz Present Crisis Battle!

Second:

Chikara DVD February 26, 2012 "Caught in the Spider's Den" - Long Island, NY
1. Francis Kipland Stevens vs. Kobald
2. The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mark Angelosetti) vs. 3.0
3. Archibald Peck vs. Ophidian
4. Gran Akuma vs. Chuck Taylor
5. Saturyne vs. Sara Del Rey
6. UltraMantis Black vs. Colt Cabana
7. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw & The Colony (Fire Ant & Soldier Ant) vs. Tim Donst, Jakob Hammermeier & The Batiri
8. Eddie Kingston vs. Vin Gerard
9. Bonus Material: Quiz Present Crisis Battle!

Kaladin

For anyone interested in start times for both events, it looks like:

"A Death Worse Than Fate" = 8pm EST

"Caught in the Spider's Den" = 10:35pm EST

Join us!

Nope, can't say I've ever had any problems with SMV, but I use PayPal rather than a credit card. I guess try contacting them? Also, if there's a problem with their checkout system, you could use PayPal to handle the checkout (although I think it'll ask you to sign up for an account).

djsandman said:
For anyone interested in start times for both events, it looks like:

"A Death Worse Than Fate" = 8pm EST

"Caught in the Spider's Den" = 10:35pm EST

Join us!

You guys are currently in daylight savings, right? So that'll be 12AM GMT and 2:35AM GMT for UK folk - I should be able to handle that.

I just signed up for annual Ringside Membership on the ROH website, because ROH sent round an email saying that if you sign up between now and April 8th they'll send you a voucher for a free DVD.

Anyways, I like the amount of VOD content they have - lots of individual matches, a good selection of classic ROH events from the entire 10 year history and every single episode of the new ROH TV show and ROH on HDnet. However, the "High Quality" streaming of the latest TV episodes I was expecting is a bit, well...shit. Interlaced, low bitrate and resolution, compression artefacts - it really doesn't look any better than the free videos they give out later in the week. Oh well, at least I can watch the new episode every weekend, which suits me better than waiting till Thursday, but this shit should really be 720p at the least.

Is the card finalized? So few matches makes me think they're giving the big ones a ton of time to be excellent, but I thought the same thing last year and they just flooded us with Mae Young and Pee Wee Herman...

Is the card finalized? So few matches makes me think they're giving the big ones a ton of time to be excellent, but I thought the same thing last year and they just flooded us with Mae Young and Pee Wee Herman...

-- John Cena vs. The Rock
-- Triple H vs. The Undertaker
-- Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
-- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
-- Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes
-- Kane vs. Randy Orton
-- Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, and three more partners vs. Christian, Mark Henry, David Otunga, and three more partners
-- Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos

Looks final to me.

Brinbe

We're 15 days from Wrestlemania, are you hyped?
Not really, but I suppose they still have two Raws/SDs to make something happen.

I think the Cena-Rock, HHH-Taker, Punk-Jericho matches will definitely get their due time and others, such as Cody-Show/Orton-Kane/Divas will get the appropriate (short) amount. Not sure what they'll do with the interbrand tag match and Brine-Sheamus, but I wouldn't be surprised if the former gets more time than the latter.

Who is Maria Menounos? Oh what am I saying, like I care about the divas match.

Personally, I'd order the card like this;

-- Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, and three more partners vs. Christian, Mark Henry, David Otunga, and three more partners
-- Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes
-- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
-- Kane vs. Randy Orton
-- Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
-- Triple H vs. The Undertaker
-- *piss break*
-- John Cena vs. The Rock

Izick

Ot7zc.gif

Remember when we all feared that this title reign would suck?

Guy went from a solid wrestler that was kind of a boring face (at least to how the crowds reacted) to an amazing heel in like a blink of an eye. I love it.

Just goes to show that some people can't get over or get crowd heat as a face or heel. Like it'd be weird to see a face Jericho now, cause the crowd loves to boo him, except for his returns of course. Guy just plays a great heel. Don't get me wrong, there can be real dynamic guys like the Rock who were amazing at both, or people that really didn't fit either criteria, like Stone Cold, but it's usually the case for a majority of wrestlers.

Forkball

Just goes to show that some people can't get over or get crowd heat as a face or heel. Like it'd be weird to see a face Jericho now, cause the crowd loves to boo him, except for his returns of course. Guy just plays a great heel. Don't get me wrong, there can be real dynamic guys like the Rock who were amazing at both, or people that really didn't fit either criteria, like Stone Cold, but it's usually the case for a majority of wrestlers.
Speaking of that, how many guys have been great faces but terrible heels? Rikishi is possibly the poster child for this, I don't think I've seen a career tank harder after a heel turn.

Mr. Sam

Guy went from a solid wrestler that was kind of a boring face (at least to how the crowds reacted) to an amazing heel in like a blink of an eye. I love it.
You're only as good as your material. After the fantastic Miz feud, Bryan was given absolutely nothing worthwhile. Well, until the Mark Henry stuff.

Brinbe

Speaking of that, how many guys have been great faces but terrible heels? Rikishi is possibly the poster child for this, I don't think I've seen a career tank harder after a heel turn.

Rey? Don't have particularly great memories of any of that Filthy Animals-era stuff.

Aiii

So not worth it
I want A.J. To become Divas Champ so D-Bry can enter the ring, grab the title and celebrate with it in her place. That would be the best thing ever!

JIdwa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom