• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
http://www.thejohnreport.net/2012/03/17/the-smacking-of-wwe-smackdown-31612/

Andrew Johnson is by far the funniest writer on TJR.

Also, did anyone else notice that Teddy Long blatantly admitted that if he were the GM of both Raw and Smackdown and if someone annoys him, despite their accomplishments, he will destroy their career? Because I sure did. Meanwhile John Laurinaitis is all about rewarding talent for their efforts and hard work and promises to not make his personal feelings affect his job performance. How is he the bad guy here?

And I was afraid I was the only one noticing this.

ZeroRay

Who is Maria Menounos? Oh what am I saying, like I care about the divas match.

Personally, I'd order the card like this;

-- Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, and three more partners vs. Christian, Mark Henry, David Otunga, and three more partners
-- Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes
-- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
-- Kane vs. Randy Orton
-- Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
-- Triple H vs. The Undertaker
-- *piss break*
-- John Cena vs. The Rock

I like your style.

G-Fex

Ot7zc.gif

Remember when we all feared that this title reign would suck?

It doesn't?

Is there a specific interview or promo where Bryan turns heel or was it when he cashed in the briefcase? Did he hint at a heel turn before?

somedevil

Sorry I'm not up to date here when did A train re sign with WWE?

MVP just mentioned it on twitter

Thread on repeat etc etc

Pwinsider and Wrestling Observer say he resigned but A-train denies this through twitter. So we won't know who is right until after Wrestlemania because thats when he is supposed show up.

ZeroRay

Watching the Sheamus vs Jericho match, I'm really impressed by our Irish friend. He can really shine when he's in a longer match.

I'm not gonna be surprised if his match with D.Brine ends up match of the night.

NoRéN

There's a distinction between resigned and re-signed which needs to be made.

resign: I quit
re-sign: sign again

correct?

Watching the Sheamus vs Jericho match, I'm really impressed by our Irish friend. He can really shine when he's in a longer match.

I'm not gonna be surprised if his match with D.Brine ends up match of the night.

I like Sheamus and have never understood the hate. I think he's good and the match with Jericho was great.

I'll put money down that Bryan v. Sheamus is the best match of the night. Slightly better than Punk v. Jericho

lol daniel bryan is hilarious. I remember when he started his whole YES YES YES! thing it was kind of awkward but still funny, then it got a bit overdone, and it got so overdone that it became annoying and in-turn became hilarious again because it's part of his heel persona. And his whole heel persona is based around not realizing how much of a douche he is. It's pretty brilliant.

The face that he is an ace wrestler is just the cherry on top of it all.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

What did you think of all the mini-Sheamus marks in the crowd? Kinda cute, ain't it?

Aiii

So not worth it
lol daniel bryan is hilarious. I remember when he started his whole YES YES YES! thing it was kind of awkward but still funny, then it got a bit overdone, and it got so overdone that it became annoying and in-turn became hilarious again because it's part of his heel persona. And his whole heel persona is based around not realizing how much of a douche he is. It's pretty brilliant.

The face that he is an ace wrestler is just the cherry on top of it all.
The thing is, it was so gradual at first that most people didn't quite recognise it. Myself included. His losing streak for months after getting the MitB case culminating in his win on a unconsious Show that started his over the top celebrations, his innocent jabs at show that turned more vile as time past, which could still be ecxplained as a response to Show and others telling him his win was a fluke to him saying AJ telling him she loved him and he appreciated that. It was.?. No sorry, it IS probably one of the better executed heel turns of all time.

I reckon he wins at Mania and stay champ until summer at least. Hopefully with AJ at his side the whole time.

Izick

Speaking of that, how many guys have been great faces but terrible heels? Rikishi is possibly the poster child for this, I don't think I've seen a career tank harder after a heel turn.

Does Stone Cold count? Like I said, you can't really put his character into a specific category, but I'd call him a rebellious anti-hero. Now, when he turned heel against the WWF, and they had that whole alliance thing, that was possibly one of the worst, mishandled, bumbling, idiotic turns I've seen in the history of the wrasslin' industry, and it was poorly executed all the way through.

Kaladin

We need Sheamus vs A-Train

The Battle of the Beasts
The Great White vs The Grizzly Bear

throw in Mark Henry for....
The Great White vs The Grizzly Bear vs The Silverback

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Still not a fan of giving a guy the belt to get him over as opposed to giving a guy the belt because he's over, but gotta say that Bryan's reign has been 90% awesome.

hertog

Still hoping they wake up and realize Sheamus isn't more than superstars materials.
He feels like an 80's midcard heel that would job to almost everyone. Like hercules back in the day.

Striker

Still hoping they wake up and realize Sheamus isn't more than superstars materials.
He feels like an 80's midcard heel that would job to almost everyone. Like hercules back in the day.
I'm not against Sheamus, but he doesn't need to win the strap at Mania. I would at least hope they get Bryan into a proper feud, instead of a "he won the Rumble, and before that Rumble win, he was competing vs. Jinder Mahal for months", or against the Big Show. He's gotten this heel heat despite all the crap that's been thrown out. Bryan has been a bright spot in a weak story.

They'll likely feed him to Orton, surprising all of us. :\

Kaladin

We're starting the 2nd and 3rd Chikara shows of the season in about 30 minutes at 8pm EST. If you haven't downloaded "A Death Worse Than Fate" yet, there is still time to join us. It was a quick download for me today.

Just saw that 123 Kid vs Bret match for the first time on Legends of Wrestling, dayum, I've never seen X-pac use 90% of those moves, that was fantastic.

RBH

Just saw that 123 Kid vs Bret match for the first time on Legends of Wrestling, dayum, I've never seen X-pac use 90% of those moves, that was fantastic.

Sean Waltman may be one of the most underrated workers in wrestling. He's still young enough to contribute today as well.

Matthew Bloom, who previously wrestled as Prince Albert, Albert and A-Train for WWE, denied on Twitter on Saturday that he has signed a contract to return to the promotion after WrestleMania XXVIII as he will be appearing for New Japan Pro Wrestling on their next tour. He also said that he does not know how the rumor got started, calling it "comical." Regarding the rumor, four WWE sources have said within the past week that he is returning to the organization, with one saying it has been assumed for two months that is was happening. Furthermore, numerous WWE performers were talking about his pending return at Friday's live event in Montreal, Quebec, Canada after being informed by management of the news.

A source close to creative says he is set for "a big push" upon his return to WWE programming in April as a villainous henchman for Raw Interim General Manager and Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis. F4WOnline.com reported that there has been talk of Bloom feuding with John Cena since the Raw Superstar does not have a post-WrestleMania XXVIII program in place at the moment. However, the note of Bloom possibly feuding with Cena has since been deleted.

Bloom, who will turn 40 years old in November, previously competed for WWE from 1999 to 2004 as a mid-card wrestler. His highest point of success in WWE was a one-month reign with the Intercontinental Title after defeating Kane in June 2001. He lost the title a month later to Lance Storm in July 2001. He tore his rotator cuff in June 2004 and was released from his contract before returning from the injury. He would go on to achieve greater success in Japan as Giant Bernard in a tag team partnership with Karl Anderson.

For the record, Bloom began shaving his previously signature body hair shortly into his Japan run.

Sean Waltman may be one of the most underrated workers in wrestling. He's still young enough to contribute today as well.

Hard to believe after all this time Waltman's not even 40.

I loved watching his Chikara appearance as The 1-2-3 Kid. You could tell he was moved by the reaction and still loves wrestling. It was also awesome of WWE to let him use the gimmick.

"Awwww Yeah, das dat musical chairs, right 'der. Das wot I call dat! Musical Chairs!! HAA HAAAA! You gotta love it!!".

Kaladin

In about 10 minutes we will be watching Chikara's "A Death Worse Than Fate"!

Chikara February 25, 2012 "A Death Worse Than Fate" - Reading, PA
1. Ophidian vs. Green Ant
2. El Hijo Del Ice Cream vs. Saturyne
3. The Colony (Fire Ant & Soldier Ant) vs. The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mark Angelosetti)
4. Brodie Lee vs. Jigsaw
5. Kobald vs. Colt Cabana
6. The Batiri, Tim Donst & Jakob Hammermeier vs. 3.0, Eddie Kingston & Gregory Iron
7. Archibald Peck vs. Sara Del Rey
8. F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor & Icarus) vs. Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
9. Bonus Material: Quiz Present Crisis Battle!

Join us.

Ithil

I'm not against Sheamus, but he doesn't need to win the strap at Mania. I would at least hope they get Bryan into a proper feud, instead of a "he won the Rumble, and before that Rumble win, he was competing vs. Jinder Mahal for months", or against the Big Show. He's gotten this heel heat despite all the crap that's been thrown out. Bryan has been a bright spot in a weak story.

They'll likely feed him to Orton, surprising all of us. :\

Seems to me he actually really needs the belt. He's been without direction for months now, and he's too big for the mid card. The belt will give him direction and he'll be a successful champion (he's over and can wrestle a good match with most of the roster).

HOWEVER, I want them to keep Bryan and Sheamus' feud going past WM, and for Bryan to remain in the main event and have more WHC wins down the line. He's too damn good as a main event heel to lose back to the mid card.

I just hope they realise that. It's hardly a Jack Swagger or Miz situation where his reign was really lame, Bryan has been doing great stuff with his reign.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not too worried about Sheamus, seeing how over he is with the little kids WWE will have him up to 10 different championship runs by 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom