• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Daniel Bryan?!

The Rock for a new generation?!

tumblr_m03diwFt4v1r2okwqo1_400.gif

UberTag

Fun fact of the day: Cody Rhodes' current reign as Intercontinental Champion is the longest title reign for the belt in almost 7 years.

You have to go back 30 title changes to find one longer. Shelton Benjamin held the title for 244 days before losing it to Carlito in his Monday Night RAW debut match back in June 2005.

If Cody manages to outlast Big Show's terrible Mania track record and the following week of Florida TV tapings, he will eclipse Shelton's reign and set his sights on Dwayne's IC title run of 265 days from 1998. (After that, he'll be chasing Mr. Perfect and finally the Honky Tonk Man.)

Kaladin

Fun fact of the day: Cody Rhodes' current reign as Intercontinental Champion is the longest title reign for the belt in almost 7 years.

You have to go back 30 title changes to find one longer. Shelton Benjamin held the title for 244 days before losing it to Carlito in his Monday Night RAW debut match back in June 2005.

If Cody manages to outlast Big Show's terrible Mania track record and the following week of Florida TV tapings, he will eclipse Shelton's reign and set his sights on Dwayne's IC title run of 265 days from 1998.

Cody Rhodes will loose the belt to the debuting Seth Rollins on Monday Night RAW in Miami.

Doesn't he still do that in the indies?
1+_13acb23c760a88a5fd38ae02ba10bdf9.jpg

I'm not sure if he still does, actually, but I do remember him doing it in TNA. :lol

If Cody manages to outlast Big Show's terrible Mania track record and the following week of Florida TV tapings, he will eclipse Shelton's reign and set his sights on Dwayne's IC title run of 265 days from 1998. (After that, he'll be chasing Mr. Perfect and finally the Honky Tonk Man.)
I hope he beats Big Show, but the whole feud is basically how Big Show has never had that Wrestlemania moment.
Apparently burying The Corre in 90 seconds doesn't count

UberTag

I hope he beats Big Show, but the whole feud is basically how Big Show has never had that Wrestlemania moment.
Big Show can still have his moment while still winning by DQ or pulling off some ridiculous power spot at the end of the match.

Incidentally, I'd sort of like to see a heel-heel feud between Rhodes and 9-time champ Y2J.
Would be fun having them try to out-arrogant one another and see who the crowd rallies behind.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

That's quite impressive but his reign as IC champ has been pretty disappointing so far. In fact, I can't even remember the last time he put the title on the line. (Hell in a Cell?)

Still, Cody's great to watch and has improved a lot since I started watching WWE again in 2007. I remember back then people were calling him CAWdy Rhodes
KuGsj.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah WWE fails to realize that a long title reign doesn't actually mean anything unless the belt holder is actually defending the title against people. Has he even defended the title against anyone except Booker T since they turned the thing white again?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Watching SmackDown:

Did the WWE really
take fifteen minutes of Smackdown airtime to replay the Rock/Cena promo? Wow. They'll do anything to try to make us care.

Looks like no Russo is killing TNA. Ratings have been dropping every show since he left and the drop has been considerable since October when he originally lost some of his power. This is the lowest rating of 2012.

prowrestling.net said:
"Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling television show drew a 1.0 rating (0.993 actual rating), which was down from the 1.19 rating the show drew last week. Impact averaged 1.3 million viewers, down from 1.58 million last week."

Quarter hour breakdown

Q1: 1.08 rating - Kurt Angle promo, Jeff Hardy attacks Angle and accepts his pay-per-view challenge, Bobby Roode and Austin Aries talk backstage

Q2: 1.03 rating - A.J. Styles vs. Kazarian and Christopher Daniels

Q3: 1.01 rating - Gail Kim and Madison Rayne backstage, ODB vs. Madison Rayne, Bully Ray talks with Aries and Roode backstage, two commercial breaks

Q4: 0.97 rating - Video with Velvet Sky being attacked by Angelina Love and Sarita with Mickie James making the save, Ric Flair talks with Garett Bischoff while Eric Bischoff and Gunner stand by, Roode, Aries, and Ray promo

Q5: 1.04 rating - Sting confronts Roode, Ray, and Aries, Jesse Sorensen video package, Zema Ion pre-tape

Q6: 0.99 rating - Announcers discuss Ion's promo, Ion vs. Shannon Moore, TNA fans video, Velvet Sky and Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky and Angelina Love

Q7: 0.93 rating - James Storm, Samoa Joe, and Magnus talk backstage, Tenay says Abyss is missing, Storm, Joe, and Magnus vs. Roode, Aries, and Ray

Q8: 0.90 rating - Storm, Joe, and Magnus vs. Roode, Aries, and Ray"

The main event drew the lowest rating of the night. OUCH.

UberTag

Our favorite COO actually gets rating increases for his recaps.
hatersgonnahatehhhakep.gif
Sort of makes you wonder why they even bother keeping anyone else on payroll.

They could run a 2-hour show of Trips wrestling brooms and it would still pop a bigger rating than what they're getting now. They could even work in a subplot where Trips must coexist with the broom so he can win the curling gold medal at the Olympics.

MPW-15360

Looks like no Russo is killing TNA. Ratings have been dropping every show since he left and the drop has been considerable since October when he originally lost some of his power. This is the lowest rating of 2012.

:lol TNA. A month of solid episodes and nobody seems to care. Oh well, they did it to themselves.

Sort of makes you wonder why they even bother keeping anyone else on payroll.

They could run a 2-hour show of Trips wrestling brooms and it would still pop a bigger rating than what they're getting now. They could even work in a subplot where Trips must coexist with the broom so he can win the curling gold medal at the Olympics.

http://ca.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/30/MPW-15360
You know, an entire show of wrestlers cutting promos and then having Triple H come out, pedigree, and leave would get the biggest ratings since the Attitude Era.

And lol TNA. Not much else can be said.

Kaladin

Sting + Jeff Hardy = ratings

:lol TNA. A month of solid episodes and nobody seems to care. Oh well, they did it to themselves.

I think the problem is the shows have been better as a whole, but there has been that lack of must see tv or crash tv that Russo is known for. Nothing really happens on the show if you miss multiple episodes. It's weird ratings are going down though as attendance at their house shows seem to be improving lately.

G-Fex

damn, you are salty as fuck when it comes to g-fex. its kinda funny.

well he has to blame somebody for his shortcomings and for giving into Gestahl. I am truly a blight on this thread with my 1000+ meaningless posts. I guess I have no choice to but to continue on with being the best damn blight I can be. I jumped the gun and took Dream and Uber off ignore too soon but I won't put them back on it I guess.

Kaladin

How long until TNA hires Russo back?

If what Russo said is true, and he left because he wasn't going to be used to his full potential, I'd image never. I imagine they probably wanted to demote him to just writing scripts and having no say in the product at all.

If what Russo said is true, and he left because he wasn't going to be used to his full potential, I'd image never. I imagine they probably wanted to demote him to just writing scripts and having no say in the product at all.

Yeah, that's basically what happened a few months ago apparently when Pritchard took over as head of creative. Russo likes to have full control. I think he got the blame for alot of the bad stuff that actually wasn't his fault like match finishes(just look at the shows without him so far and the spoilers the next couple of weeks.) It was a much more entertaining show with Russo and Ferrara at the helm before Hogan and Bischoff came in.

DiscoJon

Banned
I was at my parents house last weekend and found these old flyers from some shows I've attended. Scanned them up, here you go.

Front
IMG_0001.jpg

Back
IMG_0002.jpg

Front
IMG_0003.jpg

Back
IMG_0004.jpg

Front
IMG_0005.jpg

and last but not least...
IMG_0006.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
For the 5 who care in this thread, UFC on FX tonight. Starts @ 9pm ET/6pm PT. Prelims happening right now.

Wait, TNA is getting good again?
Don't you fuck with me GAF

Last night's show was great, except for the 2 women's matches. I fast forwarded through those. Things are slower now and they are putting more emphasis on in ring work with matches getting more time now. The 6 man tag last night was really great in the main event and got a good amount of time. They are gonna need a few more months of rebuilding and good booking before things start to turn around though.

For the 5 who care in this thread, UFC on FX tonight. Starts @ 9pm ET/6pm PT. Prelims happening right now.

It hurts watching prelims on Fuel with their horrible SD feed that's still letterboxed. :(

Stupid UFC and their stupid Fuel and stupid Time Warner for not carrying Fuel HD.

Aries always delivers. If WWE does that cruiserweight show I'd hope they'll bring him in. One of the most entertaining wrestlers in the world today. Unfortunately the next two weeks of Impact seem to be about trying to get Garrett Bischoff over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom