• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233146&highlight=wrestlemania+23&page=23

6776016.jpg

The set looks awesome.

:O

The atmosphere must be incredible there.

6769156.jpg

PUNK WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OH GOD YESSSS ALL OVER MY TITS

edit: but that ending was a little awkward

Jericho just... slipped.

edit2: Will we see Punk vs Taker?

6767192.jpg

6770812.jpg

HAHAHAHHA

KANE! WIN!

:lol Wow...

It's good to see Kane with a belt again. But...wow.

KANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6772986.jpg

6775536.jpg

yup, HBK is fucked

Flair looks really purple...

6773872.jpg

Marching Band Cena <3

Cena's entrance is uncomfortably random, and bad.

As long as cena doesnt win this, i will be a happy man.

6773932.jpg

Lets Go Cena!
Cena Sucks!
I love this.

6773950.jpg

WTF RANDY ORTON JUST WON!

I think the most amazing part is that Cena was the one pinned. He never gets pinned.

6774382.jpg

Mayweather doesn't look like he knows wtf he's doing :lol

Oh come on. Just pick him up and throw him out the ring, get onto the taker match already.

Wow...talk about taking what little credibility there is out of wrestling.

6774798.jpg

OLD SCHOOL TAKER!!

Old School Taker FTW.

6774918.jpg

YAY!!
BOO!!
YAY!!
BOO!!
YAY!!
BOO!!
YAY!!
BOO!!
YAY!!
BOO!!

YAY!! BOO!! YAY!! BOO!! YAY!! BOO!! YAY!! BOO!!

YAY!!

I love the way the audience goes "Yay !!"/"Boo !!" during every fist fight since the beginning of the show.

EDIT : Damn, beaten !
BOO !

Taker Wins!!

Fail. This industry is ruled by old men.

worst mania in a while

Any Mania where Taker's music ends it and not Cena is a good Mania.

Kaladin

6774918.jpg

I can't tell you how happy I was watching this live. I have the signed plaque of well, almost this moment on my wall. Seriously the perfect end for the best weekend a wrestling fan could ever have.

rvd2kewl

WM24 was awesome live.

Agree! Still my favorite Mania. You can pick out other shows that had better crowds or better matches, but from beginning to end 24 was my favorite.

I actually was going through some pics from the show today.

I was ringside sitting over by the bell ringer so you had a lot of celebs and wrestlers passing through during the show (Matt Hardy during his run-in, Kane when he snuck up on Chavo).

a8AyU.jpg

I put a few more together in an album here, including pics of Linda McMahon and John Cena Sr (both were sitting by us). Cena's dad was pretty cool during the show and even took a pic with my dad after the show. He was hilarious during Cena's match because HHH's dad was sitting in the row in front of him so they were trash talking back and forth all throughout the triple threat match.

Agree! Still my favorite Mania. You can pick out other shows that had better crowds or better matches, but from beginning to end 24 was my favorite.

I actually was going through some pics from the show today.

I was ringside sitting over by the bell ringer so you had a lot of celebs and wrestlers passing through during the show (Matt Hardy during his run-in, Kane when he snuck up on Chavo).

a8AyU.jpg

I put a few more together in an album here, including pics of Linda McMahon and John Cena Sr (both were sitting by us). Cena's dad was pretty cool during the show and even took a pic with my dad after the show. He was hilarious during Cena's match because HHH's dad was sitting in the row in front of him so they were trash talking back on forth the whole match.

RGzcr.gif

Ozone

It's pretty weird rewatching The Rock at last year's WrestleMania compared to last week. Last year, aside from the stupid opening he sounds more like The Rock of the old days. Now, he just sounds like an apologetic bitch trying to suck up to the crowd and get things trending on Twitter.

He needs to watch some old promos and get himself back into that character if he wants the fans to not turn on him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's pretty weird rewatching The Rock at last year's WrestleMania compared to last week. Last year, aside from the stupid opening he sounds more like The Rock of the old days. Now, he just sounds like an apologetic bitch trying to suck up to the crowd and get things trending on Twitter.

He needs to watch some old promos and get himself back into that character if he wants the fans to not turn on him.
That's the point! It's all a #work bro. By the way kung pow bitch, now trending.

Wtf you two are supposed to "hate" each other.. Way to corpse it Wrecker

But he mentioned Pider-Man. That's like the best "dumb reference" I've ever seen in this thread, and combined with that those pictures is too perfect.

So yeah, I'm corpsing. Gotdammit, someone send for the man.

G-Fex

But he mentioned Pider-Man. That's like the best "dumb reference" I've ever seen in this thread, and combined with that those pictures is too perfect.

So yeah, I'm corpsing. Gotdammit, someone send for the man.
I wish someone would take the Arachnid avatar to go along with my own.

Oh I'd love to send for that man but Kyofu upset him and ran him off.

Also the world doesn't revolve around you Geek,
it revolves around me.

My nerd fantasy growing up was for Undertaker to win the WWF title in his last match at Wrestlemania... hold it up/pose... have the lights go all the way out then come back up and he's gone but the belt's still there.

Marky Mark.

My nerd fantasy growing up was for Undertaker to win the WWF title in his last match at Wrestlemania... hold it up/pose... have the lights go all the way out then come back up and he's gone but the belt's still there.

Marky Mark.

I actually would not object if that was how he was planning on going out. Keep the mystique alive, so to speak. I wouldn't mind him getting a retirement ceremony either, but it wouldn't feel "right," if that makes any sense.

Yep. He'll probably retire after this one, right?

Saddens me. Really anti-climatic.

Although Vince will probably get his crack video team to put out some propaganda saying how great it was.

Yep. He'll probably retire after this one, right?

Saddens me. Really anti-climatic.

Although Vince will probably get his crack video team to put out some propaganda saying how great it was.

20-0 seems like a logical number to step down after. But yeah the match itself against HHH seems like such a boring event, even as a Wrestlemania match.

20-0 seems like a logical number to step down after. But yeah the match itself against HHH seems like such a boring event, even as a Wrestlemania match.
I kind of disagree. The Hell in a Cell is pretty much famous because of The Undertaker, it's meant to be the end of rivalries (until we got that stupid PPV), and Triple H is known for his HIAC performances too. Seems pretty fitting for me, if this is indeed it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
for all you people that want Taker to disappear when the lights go out at Mania, Mania for the next few years are going to be outside. You can turn off the moon! Plus it'll be quite hard to turn the stadium lights off since they take a good 10-20 minutes to turn back on.

I've always wonder...what does the WWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE do with their old ppv sets? I'm sure they have a warehouse full of recent shit, but stuff like the pictures from Mania 22 or the Fully Loaded 99 set would be awesome to own. What ever happened to that In Your House house set they used a million times...or the monitors used at Mania 26?

Edit: i'm watching the Undertaker shit on Netflix..Taker was the one that wanted a match with Triple H @ Mania 17. You know how he got it? Kane was going to toss Steph off a balcony. Logic says he should have done the same thing this year. I guess Undertaker is still salty about MEMORIAL day.

Was there ever a better retirement angle then Flairs?

He got 5 months of build. He wrestled pretty much everyone he should have before he left and he had some of the best matches he had in a decade.

silly Ric and his high flying, wheelin' dealin' ways. if he saved money he could have stayed retired and become a announcer or manager or agent or something that didnt take a piss on his legacy.

Atleast his TNA run gave a second meaning to "leave the memories alone"

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Was there ever a better retirement angle then Flairs?

He got 5 months of build. He wrestled pretty much everyone he should have before he left and he had some of the best matches he had in a decade.

silly Ric and his high flying, wheelin' dealin' ways. if he saved money he could have stayed retired and become a announcer or manager or agent or something that didnt take a piss on his legacy.

Atleast his TNA run gave a second meaning to "leave the memories alone"

Lita's was pretty good. Crime Tyme sold all her shit after she lost.

tm24

PWInsider said:
Wade Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week. Unfortunately for Barrett, the injury is said to be far worse than originally diagnosed. After the surgery, he is now not scheduled to return to the ring for 3-4 months, so Wrestlemania is absolutely out of the question for him.

Barrett's injury will have a major ripple effect on the Mania card. Multiple sources have indicated that there were plans to have a Money in the Bank match at the PPV with Barrett getting the briefcase. With Barrett out, the match has been scrapped.
Big Show didn't have a wrestlemania moment so he stole Barret's. :(

UberTag

Big Show didn't have a wrestlemania moment so he stole Barret's. :(
Awarding Big Show the Intercontinental Championship after he singlehandedly destroyed this year's Mania undercard and potentially jeopardized Barrett's career would be an absolute travesty of justice.

Cody had better fuck him up.

Wait there was going to be a MITB match and my man Barrett was supposed to win it and now it's cancelled?
That is a pickle, excuse me for a moment...

FUCKING DAMMIT TO BLOODY HELL!
Big Show isn't just a bastard, he's an old GIT!

G-Fex

Wait there was going to be a MITB match and my man Barrett was supposed to win it and now it's cancelled?
That is a pickle, excuse me for a moment...

FUCKING DAMMIT TO BLOODY HELL!
Big Show isn't just a bastard, he's an old GIT!
What is worse is that show will probably squash cody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom