• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedigreeing someone is not always meaning burial. He didn't bury Ziggler in that stupid MSG video. No one was paying attention to Ziggler at all from that. The Punk thing is fair but Punk wasn't exactly buried, was he? The Ryder one is fair but the Taker one isn't. They needed an opponent for Taker at WM, and putting him in there makes sense. How is that burying anyone? When was the last time HHH held a title?

He's a none active wrestler doing this to people that are coming into their own. There are alot of ways you can do a HHH/Undertaker rematch without Undertaker begging HHH for it. Remember when he was going to pedigree Punk on the Raw and turn heel when he came back, but Vince vetoed it? Biggest burial of all is his new wrestling contract he just signed. He's getting a million dollar downside guarantee + incentives for the next 4 years with no amount of dates required plus his check for his corporate role.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But HHH didn't want to initially. He wants the match now because Taker said Shawn is better. To Shawn, this means that HHH can't stand the fact that he's(Shawn) better than him. To HHH, he rationalizes that he accepted the match because he's tired of people talking S behind Shawn's back about how he "couldn't get the job done", so he's doing it for the both of them; which is total BS.

It looks to be setting up a feud between Shawn and HHH.
What the hell does this have to do with Taker? If he lost the war, shouldn't he be finished?

What the hell? Is that glove full of vaseline to keep his hand soft for X-Pac or something? Who cares!
This match is either complete bullshit or a last minute solution to Barrett's injury.

Or both.

Kane sucks and you should feel bad.
Firstly, I'm going to assume that was a "Of Mice and Men" reference. Good. Secondly, the glove is what keeps Kane a monster, it's what drives away his humanity and makes him devoid of any emotion besides monster-like emotions. Thirdly, Randy Orton's name is. . . . . . . . Randy Orton. Not the Big Red Monster, not the Big Red Machine, not the Devil's Favorite Demon, but Randy Orton. Don't you get it?!?!

If Raven would have won the title that match versus Jarrett would have been my favorite from 2003. Unfortunately Triple J won like he always did back then ruining everything. Never saw the 3 way match as I wasn't watching wrestling during that time.

steveovig

He's a none active wrestler doing this to people that are coming into their own. There are alot of ways you can do a HHH/Undertaker rematch without Undertaker begging HHH for it. Remember when he was going to pedigree Punk on the Raw and turn heel when he came back, but Vince vetoed it? Biggest burial of all is his new wrestling contract he just signed. He's getting a million dollar downside guarantee + incentives for the next 4 years with no amount of dates required plus his check for his corporate role.

Ok, right. HHH buries everyone and everything. He is evil and must be stopped.

You just disagree with how they've built up the match for Mania. Just say that and not that he's burying people. The program with Taker has actually been pretty damn good you know.

Kaladin

Bobo forgot about the absolute silliness that is Triple H in the Road To Wrestlemania mode in WWE '12. There are too many crazy things they do that puts Triple H over it's hard to know where to start (though I'm sure someone will link 'H no-selling a powerbomb from Nash). Triple H interrupts at least 2 Wrestlemania main events, retires as the WWE Champ (while sitting on a throne, no less) after an angle which buries the entire mid-card on the game, and then comes back to take over the CAW story and make it about him vs Nash in a power struggle for WWE. That's just the beginning of it all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ok, right. HHH buries everyone and everything. He is evil and must be stopped.

You just disagree with how they've built up the match for Mania. Just say that and not that he's burying people. The program with Taker has actually been pretty damn good you know.
First, you said WWE wasn't drawing in India, which just isn't true, considering that there are people there clamoring for Kane to run for Prime Minister, and lead them out of their unmasked slump.

Now, you're saying that HHH/HBK (featuring Mark Calaway) is enjoying a good buildup? Are you crazy?

Bobo forgot about the absolute silliness that is Triple H in the Road To Wrestlemania mode in WWE '12. There are too many crazy things they do that puts Triple H over it's hard to know where to start (though I'm sure someone will link 'H no-selling a powerbomb from Nash). Triple H interrupts at least 2 Wrestlemania main events, retires as the WWE Champ (while sitting on a throne, no less) after an angle which buries the entire mid-card on the game, and then comes back to take over the CAW story and make it about him vs Nash in a power struggle for WWE. That's just the beginning of it all.

Oh man, I need to see that clip again. HAHAHAHAAA

steveovig

First, you said WWE wasn't drawing in India, which just isn't true, considering that there are people there clamoring for Kane to run for Prime Minister, and lead them out of their unmasked slump.

Now, you're saying that HHH/HBK (featuring Mark Calaway) is enjoying a good buildup? Are you crazy?

Oh wow, one picture of Kane. They couldn't fill the arenas in India the last time they were there. Ticket sales weren't good. Do your homework next time.

RBH

WWE NO WAY OUT PPV CONCEPT WILL BE...
by Mike Johnson @ 9:08 PM on 3/20/2012

The main events of the June No Way Out PPV in New Jersey will be Steel Cage matches. A promotional video at tonight's Smackdown taping featured all shots of Steel Cage bouts.

Kaladin

Oh wow, one picture of Kane. They couldn't fill the arenas in India the last time they were there. Ticket sales weren't good. Do your homework next time.

People go crazy for WWE in India....

kC576.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My homework? Dude, I just got done talking to my fellow Kaneinites in India, and they assure me that Kane is hugely beloved there, and that every day people fill jars with their tears hoping that he returns to their land, and brings them happiness once again. How about you do YOUR homework!

RBH

Smackdown spoilers:

*World champion Daniel Bryan and AJ come out to cut a promo. Bryan holds the mic while AJ recites all the reasons Bryan is great. Bryan is whsipering in her ear telling her all the reasons, including him yelling at her when she called him Danny. Sheamus comes out and says this is making him sick. He calls Bryan Danny, which gets fans chanting it at him. He promises to win the World title at Wrestlemania. AJ was really good in the segment. Lots of fans chanting "Yes!" during the segment.

*Mark Henry pinned R Truth. Killed him might be a better description.

*They announced Yokozuna for the WWE Hall of Fame.

*There is a backstage segment with Zack Ryder begging Teddy Long to let him be on the Wrestlemania team. Long says no. Zack brings in Hornswoggle, who shows up with a team flag so he's the mascot. Long still says no. Zack brings in Great Khali dressed in Zack gear. Long asks if he's in and Zack says "Woo Woo Woo You Know It." So, Khali and Zack are on the team and Horny is the mascot.

*AJ defeated Brie Bella. Nikki cut a promo where she's rooting for Team Teddy while Brie on Team Johnny, so it appears they are going to be added to that segment as well.

*Zack Ryder defeated Jack Swagger. Lilian Garcia accidentally introduced Ryder as "Long Island Iced Z Jack Swagger." Oops!

*Cody Rhodes cut a quick promo backstage "earlier in the day" promising to win at Wrestlemania then left saying he has a plane to catch.

*Kane vs. Big Show went to a no contest. Rhodes came out of the crowd. Show chased him back out through the crowd. This left Kane alone in the ring. Orton came from under the ring and nailed an RKO.

*Brodus Clay defeated Heath Slater.

*Eve Torres blew off Zack Ryder backstage.

*Christian came to ringside for commentary.

*Dolph Ziggler (with David Otunga & John Laurinaitis) vs. Great Khali (with Teddy Long). Ziggler put Khali in a sleeper. Laurinaitis called for the bell. Teddy restarted the match and said he would count out Ziggler if he didn't return. He was counted out. Santino and Kingston tossed Ziggler back into the ring, where Khali chopped him.

*WWE champ CM Punk & Sheamus defeated World champion Daniel Bryan & The Miz when Sheamus drilled Miz with the Brogue Kick.

smr00

Banned
No fan footage of what punk said? i can pretty much guess what he said at the end but that long bleep... i need to know

Smackdown sounds like shit again. It's been crap for a few weeks except for Daniel Bryan. He is like the only saving grace for that show.

Impact Spoilers for 3/29

IMPACT Wrestling Taping (3/29 IMPACT)
-Matt Morgan vs Crimson went to a draw when both men fought backstage.

-We get an in-ring promo with Bobby Roode (who is surrounded by cops). Roode runs down Sting, Dixie Carter and finally James Storm. Storm comes ringside and trash talks Roode talking about how he will beat him at Lockdown. Storm goes after Roode but the cops intervene. Storm is attacked from behind by Bully Ray but Storm regains control. A handicap match pitting Ray and Roode against Storm is made for tonight.

-Velvet Sky defeated Madison Rayne. After the match as she is interviewed, Velvet Sky mentions that she wants her Knockout Title rematch against Gail Kim.

-Austin Aries comes out pissed about last week where Bully Ray attacked the 4 X Division guys. Aries said he has met worse than Bully Ray but he wants to get a shot at him so tonight he will be joining James Storm making the main event a tag team match.

-Mr. Anderson defeated Jeff Hardy with the Mic Check after Kurt Angle interfered.

-Another in-ring promo this time with Eric Bischoff. Bischoff calls out Garett and tells him that he has a chance to back out or else he will get hurt. Garett says he is here to stay. He will be wrestling Gunner at Lockdown inside the Steel Cage. He shoves Eric to end the segment.

-James Storm and Austin Aries defeated Bully Ray and Bobby Roode when Roode accidentally spit beer in Ray's face leading to Storm hitting the Superkick.

-Dixie Carter comes to the ring and calls out Hulk Hogan. She wants him to accept the GM position. Hulk Hogan is about to decline the role before Sting comes out. He is joined by a bunch of the wrestlers. Sting praises Hogan and wants him to accept the role. Sting will have Hogan's back while Hogan will make TNA #1. Hogan finally accepts the role.

Sounds like a good show, but
wtf at the random Aries face turn and Anderson heel turn?

Smackdown sounds like shit again. It's been crap for a few weeks except for Daniel Bryan. He is like the only saving grace for that show.

No lie, it's been taking me like 5 minutes to "watch" SD this entire year.

Listen to D. Brine speak --> FF --> watch D. Brine wrestle/celebrate --> FF --> end

Beth Phoenix runs toward Kelly Kelly, K2 moves and Beth goes face first into cage, K2 pulls her into the roll-up, 123 it's all over!

I thought pins and submissions don't count in cage matches?

I was thinking:

Match starts and KK immediately runs for the door, Beth grabs her leg, the door opens, KK somehow rolls Beth into a small package pin and simultaneously rolls out of the ring and touches the mat first.

Alternatively:

Match starts, Beth and KK turn towards the cage walls and race to get out of the cage first. KK wins. Total elapsed time = 10 seconds.

Cagey

Banned
Cena did the Sports Illustrated Hot Clicks podcast today. CM Punk did the show back in November.

Highlights (thus far):
Plays up how himself and The Rock still maintain a "legitimate" mutual dislike of one another.

"I'm a 35 year old adult. I wish our programming were very different... I saw more families start to show up, and I was at the forefront of changing content to appeal to them."

"Selfishly, I would like it if were 1999 (content wise), but it's not good for business."

DMczaf

Cena did the Sports Illustrated Hot Clicks podcast today. CM Punk did the show back in November.

Highlights (thus far):
Plays up how himself and The Rock still maintain a "legitimate" mutual dislike of one another.

"I'm a 35 year old adult. I wish our programming were very different... I saw more families start to show up, and I was at the forefront of changing content to appeal to them."

"Selfishly, I would like it if were 1999 (content wise), but it's not good for business."

THE BUSINESS?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Highlights (thus far):

Kind of throws your argument out the window when Road Dogg, who people only KNOW from 1999, is more over than your main eventers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom