• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
More Cena:
- Max bench = 465, max squat = 600

- "Do you expect a full heel turn for yourself?" Heels have legit parts of them that make them a bad dude... so I couldn't do it, Make-a-Wish etc.

- "Not trying to shake up WWE locker room, but I'm just waiting for someone to be as good as The Rock"

- "Dolph Ziggler is the funniest guy in WWE who isn't allowed to be himself on TV."

- Rock will be at the RAW post-WM

DMczaf

- "Dolph Ziggler is the funniest guy in WWE who isn't allowed to be himself on TV."

5oA5X.jpg

"I don't understand any of these references you are making. Your name is Mr. Ass now."

Anyone gonna go to Slammiversary in Arlington, TX in June? Kind of hyped TNA is coming to the Dallas area and it should be a huge show as it's the 10th anniversary special and in Panda Energy's home area.

This is surprising because I can recall at least two times where Ziggler called out Cena's limited move-set and in-ring performance.

Although, I guess he only did it because Cena's cool with it. Don't know why he got mad at Booker T for doing the same thing, though? Racist maybe? Yeah, has to be.

Get it, because farts come from asses. Like Nattie's farts come from her ass.

Get it?

get it?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0368/8352/105553_crop_340x234.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

And fart rhymes with neidhart. Vince and yes men erupt into laughter for the next 30 min before ending another productive creative meeting.

Cagey

Banned
And fart rhymes with neidhart. Vince and yes men erupt into laughter for the next 30 min before ending another productive creative meeting.

And after the laughter subsides, the next order of business is trying to figure out why ratings keep falling every week. Blank stares abound.

This is surprising because I can recall at least two times where Ziggler called out Cena's limited move-set and in-ring performance.

Although, I guess he only did it because Cena's cool with it. Don't know why he got mad at Booker T for doing the same thing, though? Racist maybe? Yeah, has to be.
White Supremacist heel turn in the making? That's a "legit part of him that's bad."

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oh man, I need to see that clip again. HAHAHAHAAA

That's not even a thing.

The worst one is that Sheamus literally ends up winning every belt the WWE has simultaneously in story mode, then HHH comes out and hits him in the back, stalks him down to the ring as Sheamus crawls away on all fours begging and pleads with HHH to just take the WWE title from him, at which point HHH refuses to show mercy. This actually happens.

Personally I'd rather have drunk rednecks and college kids again versus 5 year olds that can't even slap their chest like Sheamus correctly and instead do the "i'm retarded" sign while laced up in cena never give up gear

Striker

Originally known as the New Age Outlaws in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE), and wrestling under the ring names "Road Dogg" Jesse James and "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn, the duo achieved high levels of success and became extremely popular in the late 1990s as members of the second incarnation of the professional wrestling stable D-Generation X. In the same time period, the New Age Outlaws had the third highest merchandise sales in the WWF after Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock.
Third, pretty remarkable. I'm not sure if this includes the DX stable t-shirts as well. Merch was massive back then.

There's video evidence of 14 year-old me being down with the D-O-double G, first row ringsid-E.

(I'm so sorr-y)

:x

No shame in that. DX and New Age Outlaws were incredible during that 97-99 period. Hot crowd, Jim Ross on commentary, guys going out there cutting promos in their own words instead of memorizing some bullshit script, hard rock music instead of emo pussy rock and pop, and everyone having a fun time. Looking in the crowds now, noone is having fun.

Cagey

Banned
No shame in that. DX and New Age Outlaws were incredible during that 97-99 period. Hot crowd, Jim Ross on commentary, guys going out there cutting promos in their own words instead of memorizing some bullshit script, hard rock music instead of emo pussy rock and pop, and everyone having a fun time. Looking in the crowds now, noone is having fun.

It's so interesting to think about the current product as being PG to appeal to kids.

I was 11-13 in 1997-1999, and every single male in my middle school was obsessed with pro wrestling. Same for my brother's elementary school grade (he was 8-11 in those years). I remember bus rides where we'd get into huge fights over WCW v. WWF, nWo v. DX, if Goldberg could kick Austin's ass, etc. RAW and Nitro were must-see TV for boys if you wanted to be cool the next day at school and be up on the conversations taking place.

It was just one notch higher on the Parental Guidance scale back then.

Striker

It was still PG in the 96 and 97 days, too. You had Bret, HBK, Sid, Austin was coming in, and others still around. Booking in those days was off and on, but it still worked for the most part because of the talent. Today's lacks more on the side (some) of the in-ring wrestlers just aren't very good storytellers, and the booking is/has been beyond shit for about five years. They can still have a fun, viable show with PG. Maybe they can't have another DX telling people to suck it and come out cooking sausages, but it doesn't need to be so watered down and boring like it is now.

Commentary is another story, though. It definitely helps having somebody like Jim Ross put over the wrestlers in the ring, and how important the matches can be. Instead...

I'm still waiting for John Morrison to show up in TNA. Guess that isn't happening:/ Hope some cool stuff happens before Slammiversary(if I'm still in Dallas).

Something about Mark Henry being on twitter just seems wrong.

Reminds me of the audio I heard from a Punk promo saying how his inner child wrestling fan died the day Undertaker first texted him with 'lol'.

Speaking of PG-era, I feel it has NOTHING to do with the audience age TBH. It's all Vince's obsession with being seen as a legit entertainment, and this watered-down PG stuff leads to better sponsors and bigger toy deals etc.

Anth0ny

Third, pretty remarkable. I'm not sure if this includes the DX stable t-shirts as well. Merch was massive back then.

wow, I did not know this. So that video I posted was of basically the top 4 guys in the WWF, merchandise wise. Incredible. Pretty fucking sure the top 4 guys today wouldn't get anywhere close to that pop.

I still think in a couple of years the pg-era will end, in an attempt to get some ratings. Maybe when Vince dies, like Punk said. We're just going through a little down period is all. Wrasslin will return someday... right?

wow, I did not know this. So that video I posted was of basically the top 4 guys in the WWF, merchandise wise. Incredible. Pretty fucking sure the top 4 guys today wouldn't get anywhere close to that pop.

I still think in a couple of years the pg-era will end, in an attempt to get some ratings. Maybe when Vince dies, like Punk said. We're just going through a little down period is all. Wrasslin will return someday... right?

From what I've heard, it seems like Vince knows it has to end one day when all the brats grow up, and he wants Punk to be the one they all love. I remember hearing that when he was injured Vince told creative to keep him on TV at all cost, hence why he became an announcer. Also maybe why he vetoed HHH pedigreeing him. He's a nutty old man, but he must have some sense of the business lol.

From what I've heard, it seems like Vince knows it has to end one day when all the brats grow up, and he wants Punk to be the one they all love. I remember hearing that when he was injured Vince told creative to keep him on TV at all cost, hence why he became an announcer. Also maybe why he vetoed HHH pedigreeing him. He's a nutty old man, but he must have some sense of the business lol.
Triple H probably describes him best when he calls him "basically a little kid inside." Occasionally he has genuine sparks of genius, but (especially lately) it's just covered up by him going WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Outlaws were sooooo much fun.

Just listen to that crowd, man... wow. WWE crowds will never be like that ever again.

I would have loved to be in that crowd or any of the attitude-era crowds. Much more alive. Great chants to go along with most of the wrestlers.

Too bad WWE screws over their younger talent with not letting them get over properly with the veteran talent they bring back. Nash could have been helped put over wrestlers with his modest skills on the mic to give fighters that need a bump. Instead, Nash is buried and has to work with HHH of all people, for a one-off match.

Jericho-Punk is working out, at least.

I never understood why they bothered to bring Nash back on screen then just waste it on a HHH feud for no raison.

Having said that, I never understood any of the Nash returning things so I guess it followed suit.

Stick it to the winner, it was me who txt'ed myself from your phone because something something CONTRACT something I GOTTA PUT THE FUN BACK IN WWF lololololol.

Ron_Killing__Vince_McMahon_laughing_original_original_original_original_crop_650x440.jpg

:/

Bobo forgot about the absolute silliness that is Triple H in the Road To Wrestlemania mode in WWE '12. There are too many crazy things they do that puts Triple H over it's hard to know where to start (though I'm sure someone will link 'H no-selling a powerbomb from Nash). Triple H interrupts at least 2 Wrestlemania main events, retires as the WWE Champ (while sitting on a throne, no less) after an angle which buries the entire mid-card on the game, and then comes back to take over the CAW story and make it about him vs Nash in a power struggle for WWE. That's just the beginning of it all.

God dammit why did lend my wwe 12 to someone i need to see this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom