• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I'm not trolling bro.

I love Jericho to death but the dude is getting old. The camera can't even zoom in on his face because it's so wrinkled. His in ring skills are diminishing too.

I'll bet my GAF account that the Punk/Jericho match will wipe the floor with the rest of the card.

You can't really say his skills are diminishing when he hasn't done much in the ring yet.

He's already on Ring Ka King, this is his shot.

I hope he gets some decent mileage out of this run. I always thought he had a decent personality, in the few instances where he got to do something other than act like a dense narcissist. Hell, American Adonis is basically Chris Masters v.2.0, so it's like he's picking up where he left off.

krae_man

sunlife28.jpg

Wow, Wrestlemania sold like crap. There's what 12 people there?

WrassleGAF is filled with a bunch of wrestling hipsters if you ask me. They only praise jobbers, like the current Otunga and Ziggler, and then hate them when they get too mainstream. See Miz, Del Rio, Punk, Sheamus, and now Jericho.

People don't like the way those guys have been booked, it's nothing to do with getting too mainstream. The Miz has been in a slump creatively since last Mania, Del Rio was booked awkwardly, had his push stalled numerous times and was never allowed to deviate from his promo formula, Punk's popularity reached such levels that he had to be turned into a prototypical WWE face, Sheamus has ZERO character as a face and Jericho, hell, I don't know why anyone would dislike what the guy's currently doing.

People like Otunga at the moment because he's got a good character, but you take that away and he's nothing, while people like Ziggler because he's great in the ring and sells like a champ, but all it will take is a few bouts of Shitty WWE Booking™ to knock him down a few notches.

Ithil

I'm not trolling bro.

I love Jericho to death but the dude is getting old. The camera can't even zoom in on his face because it's so wrinkled. His in ring skills are diminishing too.

At least he HAD in ring skills, unlike the Miz.

Plus, he's been in the ring for an extended time only twice since he came back, once at the Rumble, and once against Sheamus on Smackdown. The showdown at the Rumble was awesome, and his Smackdown match was very good (for TV).

Diminished my ass.

PS We spend half an hour of each RAW looking at HHH and Taker's wrinkly faces close-up.

Yea but GAF hasn't liked the HHH/Taker program but it's been booked very well.

Aside from Shawn Michaels, I would say it's been booked pretty badly.

The match up is a bad idea in itself, but if you insist on going with HHH vs. Taker, why is Taker the one begging for a rematch when he won?

Obviously, I don't know the answer to that but all signs seem to be pointing towards HHH's massive ego.

RBH

I've liked the HHH/Taker program more than Cena/Rock, but the HHH/Taker/HBK segment from this week's episode of Raw really didn't accomplish much of anything and was pretty damn boring to be honest.

steveovig

The match up is a bad idea in itself, but if you insist on going with HHH vs. Taker, why is Taker the one begging for a rematch when he won?

Obviously, I don't know the answer to that but all signs seem to be pointing towards HHH's massive ego.

Everything makes total sense though and it's probably the best booked match on the card. Who should be in HHH's spot?

Brinbe

Gaf is easily curved. Great show ends with Cena music auto becomes shit show.
Nah, that's not really true. Plenty of guys in here have given Cena credit for his work with the Rock this past month, I think more people would be upset by the likes of the Miz interfering.

And lmao @ the HHH-Taker feud being well-booked. I don't agree with that at all. Shit is boring and has been since the start. Luckily, their HITC match is enough of a draw on its own (Taker/Streak sells itself, of course) that all those boring promos won't affect my excitement to watch it.

The only feud that's been booked semi-decent so far has been Cody/Show. Which is sad.

Lol, good one!

Oh wait, you're serious aren't you?

Think about it. Say the HHH/Taker stuff from this year never happened but The Miz begging for a Wrestlemania match is still going on. He keeps begging, getting more annoying each time, and the BOOM Taker debuts for the year because The Streak or whatever and challenges the Miz. The Miz reluctantly agrees.

I think I would be content with whoever won this match. If Miz loses, fine he's annoying anyway and Taker pads his Wrestlemania stats. If Miz breaks the streak, I think I'd be too busy laughing my ass off and reading the reactions here to care, really.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bryan is actually over though. The Miz is a total geek that no one gives a damn about and couldn't get heat to save his life.

What?

If there is one thing Miz is great at its literally getting everybody in an arena to utterly detest him.

Only its real hatred and vitriol hes getting from most people. He's the modern day X-Pac.

steveovig

What?

If there is one thing Miz is great at its literally getting everybody in an arena to utterly detest him.

Only its real hatred and vitriol hes getting from most people. He's the modern day X-Pac.

Are you watching the same shows I watch? The Miz wishes he could get an entire arena to hate him. If he could he'd be higher up the card.

Kaladin

Wait a minute....is it just me or did Impact end during the middle of a promo this week? I mean, it seemed like that promo was jut getting started. I was waiting for Hogan to get a mic, accept and go into some of his catch phrases.....but it ends with the crowd chanting Hogan after Sting started the promo.....WTF.

also, no Hardy face this week, butt....

292912_10150657642471026_31695961025_9447347_1737216378_n.jpg

"On his Twitter, Eric Bischoff commented on the possibility of Kevin Nash coming to TNA:

"Hear Kevin Nash is open to coming back to Impact. Lots of history with Kevin. Always great to work with. Another Detroit guy on the team?""

Greeeeeeeeaaaaaaat.

Wait a minute....is it just me or did Impact end during the middle of a promo this week? I mean, it seemed like that promo was jut getting started. I was waiting for Hogan to get a mic, accept and go into some of his catch phrases.....but it ends with the crowd chanting Hogan after Sting started the promo.....WTF.

Yeah, it just cut out like that. Dixie's happy all of a sudden, Sting starts hyping up Hogan again, Not-Roadhouse blares up, and then it's all over.

Anth0ny

This thread will explode into a fit of rage if he beats Taker.

lol

I can see the HOF speech now: "With an unprecedented... 19-1 record at Wrestlemania!"

Kane or Foley.

GOD PLEASE

Either a regular match with Kane (with Paul Bearer ringside of course) or Hell in a Cell with Mankind. Having two cell matches two years in a row would kinda suck... but considering they have a fucking Hell in a Cell PPV every year, I don't think anyone would complain about frequency at this point.

The whole show has been badly booked at this point. I care more about Y2J/Punk and HHH/Taker than Rock/Cena at this point... but that's not fucking saying much.

I'm kinda against Shawn being a part of the match. The match would have been great without a special guest ref. Now we're just going to expect the double cross the entire match, which I don't think is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom