• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

I was at the gym the other day on the 2nd floor listening to Pandora Dr. Dre station when "Natural Born Killaz" came on and I wanted to jump off the railing onto somebody.

I thought you were going to say "and I wanted to grab my shit and get the hell out of the building".

Mychael thompson giving shout out to wrestling during the laker game. "Artest got slammed onto the table like Randy Orton RKO'ing Cena through a table...lol

Excited for Raw. It's put up or shut up time for WWE.

Ao26J_tCEAABNio.jpg

confused

Banned
So, it turns out to have been a good thing that WrassleGAF topics weren't stickied. Something good finally happened to WrassleGAF.

Everyone rejoice that we're still in the OT.

Aiii

So not worth it
When Michael Cole starts to make sense its time to go home :( (Worst segment by Booker in a while)

When I watched that Smackdown I was already like wtf Booker, she's a wrestler, this is her first match on TV in at least half a year and she's one of the few women in the WWE that actually wants to become a wrestler.

And he kept going and going, the guy doesn't know how to concede at all :D

Aiii

So not worth it
It's just an example on how to end a match without anyone looking like a loser.

Undertaker vs. Trips at last years Wrestlemania is also a fine example, Trips lost, but he still left a winner. Or Mick Foley losing to Edge at Wrestlemania 22

It's just an example on how to end a match without anyone looking like a loser.

Undertaker vs. Trips at last years Wrestlemania is also a fine example, Trips lost, but he still left a winner. Or Mick Foley losing to Edge at Wrestlemania 22

I'm specifically talking about Rock tapping to that STF. Nobody is saying there arn't creative ways to end the match, but if he taps to that crap, I'll be pissed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena has five moves, none of them very good.

I'd suggest you skip either the whole match or at least the last 5 to 10 minutes of it. :D

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, I agree. But tapping out to the STF (which was the initial finish we were discussing, before you so effortlessly moved the goalposts) is not one of them.

But then you're just debating how much Cena's moveset sucks, it does. Cena has a submission hold, which Rock needs to tap out of. Either that or he gets knocked the f out by Cena's AA.

I don't really see how that last one is better then the first one. If Rock taps out to the STF after 3 minutes, I'd argue he'd look tougher then after he gets AA'ed a couple of times.

confused

Banned
But then you're just debating how much Cena's moveset sucks, it does. Cena has a submission hold, which Rock needs to tap out of. Either that or he gets knocked the f out by Cena's AA.

I don't really see how that last one is better then the first one. If Rock taps out to the STF after 3 minutes, I'd argue he'd look tougher then after he gets AA'ed a couple of times.

No, I'm just saying it would be total horseshit if the Rock taps out to the STF, no matter how long it takes him to submit. That's not how you let the Rock go out.

Aiii

So not worth it
No, I'm just saying it would be total horseshit if the Rock taps out to the STF, no matter how long it takes him to submit. That's not how you let the Rock go out.

Well, of course the Rock is not yet out, he's going off to do some movies and returning for next years Wrestlemania. So they may not even end the fued here.

But fantasy book the ending for me then. How would you have The Rock lose to Cena?

confused

Banned
Well, of course the Rock is not yet out, he's going off to do some movies and returning for next years Wrestlemania. So they may not even end the fued here.

But fantasy book the ending for me then. How would you have The Rock lose to Cena?

Screwy finish : Miz returns the favor for last years WM, added bonus : consistency in booking.

Legit finish : John Cena overcomes the odds with the AA. added bonus : John Cena is the true top of the mountain and he can wrestle the match on cruise control.

Things don't always have to be complicated to be good, sometimes a simple finish is all you need.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, to each his own, but imo having a regular Supercena style match makes The Rock look like crap.

As far as I'm concerned this needs multiple signature/finishers and false endings for The Rock to come out without looking like a candy ass.

confused

Banned
Well, to each his own, but imo having a regular Supercena style match makes The Rock look like crap.

As far as I'm concerned this needs multiple signature/finishers and false endings for The Rock to come out without looking like a candy ass.

It's a Mania main event, that kind of stuff goes without saying. Hell this is true for at least half the matches on the card.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just imagine if we got MitB's main event of last year at Wrestlemania. Now there would be Cena's big Wrestlemania Moment. This, definatly not it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looking forward to RAW tonight. It'll be interesting to see what happens as this is the "Go home" show. More or less everything is finalized it's just a matter of taking the current matches to the next level and solidifying them that the matches mean something.

(Spoiler alert: D.Brine vs. Sheamus has no buildup or excitement to me. The only "thing" about this match is that Sheamus won the Royal Rumble)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom