• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
dumbest thing I've ever read lol.

The way they're trying to keep Cena as this vanilla babyface fighting the good fight who just rises above everything, including loses, sickens me. It's maybe the worst use of a character I've ever seen. Instead of evolving the character to reflect the crowd split, this douche just takes it all with the gotdamn grin and keeps going like everything's cool. It's to the point now that I hate watching the guy out there, and feel that he detracts from every single angle he's placed in. Cena is an entertainment black hole. I can barely put into words how much John Cena, the character, annoys me. John Cena picks up a mic or wrestles, and my soul leaks out of my body and jumps to a different galaxy.

If I ever manage to tear myself away from the WWE for real, this stupid Cena Era will be the cause of it.

Stone Cold is great. The way he delivered some of those lines is GOLD.

Ezy4D.gif

As much as I want to keep trolling, I respect you too much to 'shop a Kane mask onto ol' Clint.

*shakes your hand*

The worst crime you could commit is 'shopping a Cena smirkface on my avatar. My hate for Cena goes deeper than supernatural gimmicks. If someone scanned my brain to create a robot comprised of almost everything I hate about pro wrestling, John freakin' Cena would be the result. John Cena is the buzz kill of professional wrestling.

Anth0ny

Just watched Hogan vs. Rock to get in the mood for this Sunday.

All I can say is... good fucking luck to Rock and Cena. Good luck trying to generate a match with even HALF the heat, half the electricity. Oh, and good luck not getting your ass booed out of the building, Cena.

I am legitimately curious about the finish for this match. If the "best of 3" rumors are true, I'm inclined to believe Rock is taking it this Sunday.

Just watched Hogan vs. Rock to get in the mood for this Sunday.

All I can say is... good fucking luck to Rock and Cena. Good luck trying to generate a match with even HALF the heat, half the electricity. Oh, and good luck not getting your ass booed out of the building, Cena.

I am legitimately curious about the finish for this match. If the "best of 3" rumors are true, I'm inclined to believe Rock is taking it this Sunday.
I respect your opinion, and your right.... Aw hell, I completely agree with everything you said.

The worst crime you could commit is 'shopping a Cena smirkface on my avatar. My hate for Cena goes deeper than supernatural gimmicks. If someone scanned my brain to create a robot comprised of almost everything I hate about pro wrestling, John freakin' Cena would be the result. John Cena is the buzz kill of professional wrestling.
Cena smirkface AND Kane mask? *opens up Photoshop*

If they really are making this shit a series of matches I think Rock will win this weekend. That way Cena has his I MUST REDEEM MYSELF I'LL NEVER GIVE UP TRYING EVEN THOUGH MY BACK IS AGAINST THE WALL blah blah blah then they square the series 1-1 so we can endure another OK WELL ITS 1-1 LETS REALLY THIS TIME SEE WHO IS THE BEST FOR REALS OK THIS ONE and we see the 3rd at next WMzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ugh.

Mush

You know when they were announcing the official commentator for Team Johnny, I was so ready to mark out when they announced JR as the ambassador for Team Teddy. I could already see the images in my head. Well guess what.

IT NEVER HAPPENED

Anth0ny

If they really are making this shit a series of matches I think Rock will win this weekend. That way Cena has his I MUST REDEEM MYSELF I'LL NEVER GIVE UP TRYING EVEN THOUGH MY BACK IS AGAINST THE WALL blah blah blah then they square the series 1-1 so we can endure another OK WELL ITS 1-1 LETS REALLY THIS TIME SEE WHO IS THE BEST FOR REALS OK THIS ONE and we see the 3rd at next WMzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ugh.

at least we'll have Punk/Austin to look forward to.

RBH said:
--New Japan announced that Tomoaki Honma has been released. Honma had an incredible match, a match of the year candidate in December against Masato Tanaka for their Intercontinental title and he was one of the most underrated in-ring performers in the business.

That sucks :(

He requested his release for 'personal reasons' apparently. Real shame, he was mostly a jobber in New Japan, but despite that he was always over with the fans, especially in his tag team with Naito and in the Masato Tanaka match, which was easily one of my favourites from last year. I've always been a fan of Honma right from his Big Japan days, and I loved seeing him try and capture the BJW title for most of 1999, only to get brutalised by guys like Shadow WX, Ryuji Yamakawa & Zandig time and time again, before finally winning the belt in early 2000.

The way they're trying to keep Cena as this vanilla babyface fighting the good fight who just rises above everything, including loses, sickens me. It's maybe the worst use of a character I've ever seen. Instead of evolving the character to reflect the crowd split, this douche just takes it all with the gotdamn grin and keeps going like everything's cool. It's to the point now that I hate watching the guy out there, and feel that he detracts from every single angle he's placed in. Cena is an entertainment black hole. I can barely put into words how much John Cena, the character, annoys me. John Cena picks up a mic or wrestles, and my soul leaks out of my body and jumps to a different galaxy.

If I ever manage to tear myself away from the WWE for real, this stupid Cena Era will be the cause of it.
But what are your thoughts on John cena?

I can't imagine the rage you were feeling when John cena did the meta promo about the fact that he is going to win because he always does. That promo actually made me sick inside. It was funny but in all the horribly wrong ways. Also I went over what you said when I had that John cena rant outburst a ton of pages ago. I'm aching to repost it lulz. This fucking guy just has that shit eating grin on his face. Like I said. Whether you like the rock or not in this feud, he legit is into it and looks like he wants to eat cena's fucking soul. John on the other hand just does his stupid smirk, tells everyone he is gonna win like always and calls it a day.

Zertez

I doubt WWE would ever do it, but a heel flip for Cena at Mania would bring some excitement after the show. Im sure it would hurt shirt sales with kids, but Cena needs a change and the show really needs some new story lines imo. I miss quality heels in the WWE ala the Attitude era. I think Jericho is about the only solid heel they have left. Cody Rhodes and the Miz as heels is a sad joke. Johnny Ace has improved a lot, but he is still a poor substitute for evil Vince.

Striker

The heels are a joke because the WWE books them like one. Henry got a decent run on Smackdown, but that wasn't thruogh Cena. He had a few with Orton, but Orton quickly went against Wade Barrett (and eventually put him away in that feud). Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, heel CM Punk, and The Miz all had title reigns and were promptly destroyed either in the title match, or immediately after as their "push" was quickly pushed off a 100 ft. cliff.

If they properly allowed heels to look good on a decent basis, maybe fans like you will look at them, and say "Well, hey, he has a chance!", instead of the shit we've been accustomed to for the past six plus years.

And Cody Rhodes is one of the better performers around at the moment. He's making a Big Show feud look halfway entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom