• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jim Johnson recently released his own version of this theme on iTunes. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwBDAhQ0PvY

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Ok... should probably make a wrasslemania OT and post it tomorrow.

We need thread title ideas. Ill just spit balling a few.

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| RISE ABOVE LOGIC.

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| WWE puts on another Big Show.

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Burying a Rock takes 12 months.

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Era's End but John Cena will always be there.

Triple H |OT| Wrestlemania 28

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| WWE is going to make you drink.

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Anti Hype.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wrestlemania 28 |OT| ROCK DWAYNE ROCK DWAYNE ROCK IT'S ALL THE SAME JOHN!

Stammering Rock, searching for words, has forever tarnished the image of his legend. :(

Ithil

The newest induction to WrestleCrap is..........Wrestlemania XXVII:

http://wrestlecrap.com/newinduction1.html

I like how he mentioned Bryan and Sheamus getting dumped off the show about 8 times. I was fuming the whole night over that getting dumped in favour of stupid skits, a 5 hour Rock promo, and a 15 minute Cole match. My first chance to see Bryan Danielson at WM, and with an opponent I like and who he works well with, no less, and instead I got to watch Cole stumbling around the ring for an eternity.

The only three things I can remember clearly from that crappy WM is Sheamus/Bryan getting shit on, the Taker/HHH match, and Miz cracking his head off the concrete at the end of the main event (go watch a replay, it's nasty, and I'm not just talking about the match itself here).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I like how he mentioned Bryan and Sheamus getting dumped off the show about 8 times. I was fuming the whole night over that getting dumped in favour of stupid skits, a 5 hour Rock promo, and a 15 minute Cole match. My first chance to see Bryan Danielson at WM, and with an opponent I like and who he works well with, no less, and instead I got to watch Cole stumbling around the ring for an eternity.

The only three things I can remember clearly from that crappy WM is Sheamus/Bryan getting shit on, the Taker/HHH match, and Miz cracking his head off the concrete at the end of the main event (go watch a replay, it's nasty, and I'm not just talking about the match itself here).
Yeah, reading through that article I forgot just how bad WM27. All those skits... shitty matches.

I need to rewatch it.

Jamie OD

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Let's Go Team Tedd-- I Mean Team Johhny!

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Once In A Lifetime (Part 1 of 3)

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Please Don't Boo Cena!

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Cena Wins LOL

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| No Pointing Necessary

Flo Rida |OT| Wrestlemania 28

Finished WrestleMania 27.. and forgot who mentioned it earlier in the thread.

But re-watching the Triple H/Undertaker match, there's really not much special in it. Not a bad match, but literally a match that ends like 20 minutes before it ends. The last 10 minutes or so is Triple H hitting the Undertaker then staring at him wondering what to do for 3 minutes.
Also, I just started playing Kid Icarus during the main event.
Okay i'm late to this but It was me, penguin! it was me all along!. I feel sorry for your suffering rewatching that dreck of a ppv that was WM27, I had to fast forward through most of the dead time in HHH/Taker to counter falling asleep which was probably what they were doing now I think about it. Fortunately the main event this year should be fun to watch, though I may end up breaking out Kid Icarus myself during the HIAC if they start lounging around for ages again.

Oh and good on you for using the top 7 stage setups idea, though I feel it was missing 17 which was like the first time WWE went all out with a big stage setup and that long ramp.

Ok... should probably make a wrasslemania OT and post it tomorrow.

We need thread title ideas. Ill just spit balling a few.

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| WWE puts on another Big Show.

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| Anti Hype.

One of these is good to me, though I guess i'll throw out a few

Wrestlemania 28 |OT| The time for talk is finally over

or to follow this months thread title
Wrestlemania 28 |OT| It was a bumpy road...

I thought of a few things involving the lack of heat for the main feuds but couldn't settle on anything, i'm sure the term heat can be well applied here somehow.

Watched bits of Raw again as it screened on TV here, so funny seeing him say "Team Teddy!!..... *sheepish* Johnny."

How he manages to get through all his job titles every time without mixing it up but then forgets which one of the two is his own first name is what gets me lol.

Between that and "ON APRIL 21ST!!!!", I giggle at silly wrestlers.

Will be sorely disappointed if we don't see an Ace Crusher for the win at WM though.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
The local ESPN radio station has been doing a ton of WWE interviews. Just listened to a pretty good one with HBK & HHH as I drove in to work.

That one in particular doesn't seem to be up, but the one I heard between Cody Rhodes & Jimmy Hart yesterday is up, along with a Daniel Bryan and a John Cena one I haven't heard.

http://www.790theticket.com/jorgesedano.aspx

If I spot some more, or if the HBK/HHH one comes up, I'll mention it.

Edit: LeBatard did one with Dusty Rhodes apparently:

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Aiii

So not worth it
The Smackdown WM compilation show has Undertaker vs Orton on it. That was a great WM match.

I miss heel Orton. :(

BFIB

Orton has just kind of "been there" over the past year and a half. I'd really like to see him get a good angle again.

Orton has just kind of "been there" over the past year and a half. I'd really like to see him get a good angle again.

I'd like to see Orton lose the whole broody brood "voices in my head" bullshit. He's a great talent, and I think he's being wasted with his personality....or lack thereof.

Hate to say it, but I bet Impact Wrestling would make better use of him. He is a franchise player, and should be treated as such. He's really taken a backseat here lately. The whole Kane thing feels very forced.

The WWE should really let him open up, and be more himself. The whole staring in to the middle distance shit is getting really, REALLY old.

Ultratech

I'd like to see Orton lose the whole broody brood "voices in my head" bullshit. He's a great talent, and I think he's being wasted with his personality....or lack thereof.

The WWE should really let him open up, and be more himself. The whole staring in to the middle distance shit is getting really, REALLY old.

Frankly, Orton's pretty well over depite hardly ever saying a word. That in itself is pretty impressive.

As for him "taking a backseat" lately, that's just building up other talent. Orton's basically on that level where despite whether he wins or loses, he's still pretty over with the crowd.

Besides, Orton does show some personality in some matches (sticking his tongue out, random jumping, attacking Otunga with the assistance of the almighty BOX, etc.).

I definitely miss heel Orton. Slapping refs, kicking Jeff hardy in the balls, PUNTS. So good.

Age of Orton was pretty good if mostly for the fact that Cena WASN'T there. Also punts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom