• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJon

Banned
Taken at Miami airport this morning

5510066315_e792d337cb.jpg

HERE COMES THE PAIN!

Who in the blue hell wears a Jimmy John's polo shirt? Guess you've got to get those sponsors while you can now that your MMA career has dried up.

#JIMMAHJOHNS

I'm betting there will be no draft, with a single GM for both shows and the constant mixing of superstars already I expect the brand split to permanently end after WM. The US title will prolly move to the new FCW version of NXT leaving the WHC to be the 2nd title after the WWE title.

Hopefully not. I don't think they will as they are still running twice as many house shows due to 2 brands, plus I don't need Cena going over everyone on 2 shows every week.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Anybody kicking off Mania weekend with the Dragon Gate iPPV? The only guys on the card I recognize are Low Ki and Sabu, but they're only charging $2 for it and it'll probably be the best actual wrestling I'll see this weekend.

They put on a fun show last night, so I wouldn't expect any less tonight. $2 will be a steal for that. I'd be there if I didn't already have tickets for ROH.

As an added bonus, you can try and spot krae_man and djsandman in the crowd!

First WrassleMania Weekend iPPVs are tonight and DGUSA's only $1.99, who's watching?

postersdgusa1.png

• CIMA & Ricochet (c) vs Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano - Open the United Gate Title Match
    • Low Ki vs PAC
    • Masaaki Mochizuki vs Akira Tozawa
    • Masato Yoshino vs Rich Swann
    • Sabu & Jon Davis vs Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez - Street Fight
    • Sami Callihan vs BxB Hulk
    • AR Fox vs Uhaa Nation
    • Also Scheduled to Appear - Bobby Fish, Caleb Konley & Scott Reed

Open the Ultimate Gate 2012 - the feud between Sami Callihan of the D.U.F. and AR Fox continues, as they pick each others opponents in a pair of singles matches. For AR Fox, Sami has picked the gigantic Uhaa Nation, while for Callihan, Fox has picked inaugural Open the Freedom Gate champion BxB Hulk. The D.U.F. have also angered the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal, death-defying maniac Sabu, and he and his parter Jon Davis will take on Pinkie Sanchez & Arik Cannon in a street fight. Also, in a special challenge match WORLD-1's Masato Yoshino will take on Ronin's Rich Swann, after Swann bowed out of the main event to make way for Johnny Gargano. Meanwhile, after Akira Tozawa turned on CIMA, took over Blood Warriors and bizarely renamed them 'Mad Blankey', Tozawa now has to face the tough challenge of Masaaki Mochizuki, representing CIMA's returning faction the Veteran Army in the first of the evening's main events. In the second main event, a highly anticipated First Time Ever encounter, WORLD-1's PAC, one of the best highflyers today, takes on the fearsome test of the one and only Low Ki! And finally, in the final main event of the evening Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano of Ronin finally get their shot at the Open the United Gate tag team titles, facing off against the champions CIMA & Ricochet. This match poses questions about both teams, as there may be some dissension within their ranks. For Ronin, Chuck Taylor was scheduled to team with Rich Swann, but was caught on camera saying he didn't have confidence in Swann to get the job done and would rather team with Gargano and as a result, Swann backed out of the match. For CIMA & Ricochet, however, things are more complicated as they won the titles while members of the Blood Warriors faction, but were subsequently kicked out after Tozawa's take-over. Ricochet then joined Yoshino's WORLD-1 faction, while CIMA revived the Veteran Army, so the champions go in to Open the Ultimate Gate 2012 representing different factions in what is sure to be a stellar main event.

postersroh1.png

• Davey Richards (c) vs Roderick Strong vs Eddie Edwards - Triple Threat ROH World Heavyweight Title Match
    • Lance Storm vs Mike Bennett
    • Jay Lethal (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly - ROH TV Title Match
    • Kevin Steen vs El Generico
    • The All-Night Express vs The Young Bucks - Street Fight
    • The Briscoe Brothers vs The Mighty Don't Kneel - Proving Ground Match
    • Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
    • Also Scheduled to Appear - Michael Elgin, Tommaso Ciampa & Adam Cole
If you want to take advantage of the DGUSA $1.99 live viewing price, but still want to watch ROH, GFL have confirmed that the replay of Night 1 will be up no more than 2-3 hours after the event finishes.

Showdown in the Sun: Day 1 - Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander recently got a surprise upset victory over former ROH Tag Champs Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team, after the Briscoe Brothers interefered and cost them the match. While Haas & Benjamin go on to try and reclaim their titles on the 31st, on the 30th they look to set right their loss to the young Coleman & Alexander. Meanwhile, the current ROH Tag Champs, The Briscoe Brothers, face off in a Proving Ground match against the young Australian duo of Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls, collectively known as The Mighty Don't Kneel. Haste & Nicholls have made waves in the past year with a number of impressive tours of Pro-Wrestling NOAH and a TNA try-out under their belts, but they face some serious competition here against #DemBoys, The Briscoe Brothers. Next, after The Young Bucks cost The All-Night Express a shot at the tag titles, the ANX have been out for retribution and the two teams will compete this weekend in a 'Dual Duel', two matches with a stipulation set by each team. On Friday night, The All-Night Express will face The Young Bucks in a Street Fight! Then, in what is sure to be an all-out war, 'Wrestling's Worst Nightmare' Kevin Steen takes on his former tag partner, El Generico, who is out for revenge after Steen brutalised him at Final Battle 2011 last December, leaving him suffering with serious injury. Generico had not been seen or heard from since then, but a few weeks ago Generico sent ROH officials two words that made his intent perfectly clear; 'La Ravancha' ~ Revenge. In the first title match of the evening, ROH TV Champ Jay Lethal will defend his belt against Kyle O'Reily, who earned a title shot after a number of impressive performances these past few months in which he has become embroidled in a feud with his former tag partner Adam Cole, who he will face the following day. Up next, in a particularly unique singles match, 'The Canadian Icon' Lance Storm returns to ROH to challenge 'The Prodigy' Mike Bennett, who he feels has a ton of potential, but needs to learn a lesson in honour and respect. Bennett, meanwhile, is out to embarass Storm and make the veteran retire once and for all. And finally, in the main event of the evening, the ROH World Heavyweight Title will be defended by Davey Richards in a Triple Threat, after no No.1 Contender could be decided between challengers Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong.

jmdajr

My best friend is flying from Houston to LA on Saturday just to watch Wrestlemania with me!!
He will then fly back on Monday. I haven't seen him in three years.

WWE brings people together!!!!!!!!

Pretty sweet dude. Sucks I don't really have local wrestling buddies :\
I have some co-workers that are into it but we're more acquaintances than friends.

edit: is that Brock with Sable?

BFIB

For a $1.99 thats a great price.

Is there a dedicated thread for the show, or are we just discussing it on Wrassle-Gaf?

Oh shit son, Chikara v ROH just got real. Like, really real.

http://youtu.be/aBzhqIIBzrs

Yesss, can' wait for this one - as unlikely as Eddie dropping the belt to Steen would be, Steen winning and then holding the CHIKARA Grand Championship hostage would be epic.

For a $1.99 thats a great price.

Is there a dedicated thread for the show, or are we just discussing it on Wrassle-Gaf?

Just discussing it here, I guess.

Aw, shit - CIMA's injured and out of the DGUSA iPPV main event tonight :(

Gabe & CIMA explain the situation and apologise to the fans;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zTXP-xJ08

Hopefully they can sort out a suitable replacement for the main event.

*edit, doesn't look like Uhaa Nation is going to be able to perform either;

"With a torn ligament that supposed to be connected to my patella tendon, I'm still enjoying Miami! I'm moving down here!"

Damn, this show can't catch a break.

Aiii

So not worth it
I decided to give Impact Wrestling another go, figured that now that Russo is gonna for a few weeks I might as well see if that made the show better.

Spend half an hour at least looking at Dixie, Sting and Hogan.

Guess I'll give it another go in half a year or so.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kidd needs lessons on the mic.

Doesn't really matter, currently the tag division is The Uso's (HO HO UGH HO HO WOO is about the range of what they get to say on air), Primo and Epico (NO ENGLISH!) and Kidd and Gabriels.

They won't get any mic time, so why bother making tag teams that talk at all.

I decided to give Impact Wrestling another go, figured that now that Russo is gonna for a few weeks I might as well see if that made the show better.

I'll give them another shot after Lockdown. That's when all the new angles are supposed to start since they book 6 months in advance.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Doesn't really matter, currently the tag division is The Uso's (HO HO UGH HO HO WOO is about the range of what they get to say on air), Primo and Epico (NO ENGLISH!) and Kidd and Gabriels.

They won't get any mic time, so why bother making tag teams that talk at all.
I also look forward to them wearing their own individual wrestling gear and having a shitty name like The 450 Kids.

Hey, when your tag team division is in the "negative zone," any newcomers can't hurt.

Kidd needs lessons on the mic.
image.php

Half a year sounds like about the right time to get Sting, Hogan, and Bischoff's contracts re-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom