• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GM storyline actually looks to have something at stake when it comes down to it, Mr Tag Team match and Mr Excitement actually act like they have genuine animosity towards each other, unlike say the forced stakes of Cena/Rock.
"If I lose to Rock all my accomplishments are null and void forever!", yes I guess that's one way to skip around the lack of a title, it's also complete codswallop.

I'm looking at WM with cautious optimism because everything outside of the two big attractions look solid to me, Rock/Cena and Taker/HHH should be able to deliver on the night but the build ups are nothing but promo wars, the better of which seems to have abandoned one of the actual match participants for the meantime, I hope Taker actually shows up again soon because this HHH/HBK stuff does nothing for me aside from hype up those smuggling banana shorts for WM.

Striker

None of the matches are really getting strong built, I think. Rock-Cena has been awfully underwhelming, and is obviously a ploy by Vince. Let's pay the rising movie star, former wrestler, Dwayne Johnson, big bucks to "return" to the ring and elevate the status of one John Cena. Color me bored, and fuck off Vince.

Punk-Jericho will surely be the top match in terms of quality, but it also has been a bit dull overall (granted I did not watch all of last night's show yet but prior weeks have shown me little outside the confrontation last week). Jericho would call out Punk, who comes out only to raise his title. Uh, ok.

Taker-HHH. All I need to know from this is Triple H's statement of "You have won the battle, Undetaker, but I won the war!". No you didn't, asshole.

Kane-Orton is... uh, completely unnecessary and would've served better purpose for others. Rhodes, who I will mention next, should be matched against Orton as it makes sense in terms of brand and status. Neither had a feud coming out of the the EC, why not? Better than this shit, and a win at WM over Orton would've been much better than what both will be doing on this show. Kane jobbing to Cena and Orton on back-to-back PPV's, terrific stuff.

Rhodes-Show. I'm hoping Rhodes goes over, but they keep harping this win loss record for Show. I also have a feeling they'll push Rhodes to RAW after the draft and he'll dwell in the midcard until the RAW team gives him a random push and he'll get jobbed to Punk or Cena.

Cena has been doing this for years now.

It's disrespectful to the entire god damn concept of professional wrestling.

Could you imagine watching any other TV show or movie with two characters involved in a heated feud, and the one keeps looking to the camera with that smug smirk?
Reminds me of Jimmy Fallon from years ago on SNL. Fucker stop looking at the camera and do your job. Then again, Fallon is probably a better actor than John.

Well, yeah, that's what I was thinking too. They'd have to try and hype this generation which has been a decade of John Cena with guest appearances from Chris Benoit, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, JBL and Eddie Guerrero.

Khrno

Well, yeah, that's what I was thinking too. They'd have to try and hype this generation which has been a decade of John Cena with guest appearances from Chris Benoit, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, JBL and Eddie Guerrero.

Meanwhile, the already forgotten, eleventh-times world champion weeps on his way to the HoF.

jmdajr

Really enjoying the whole HHH vs UNDERTAKER vs HBK storyline. I know no one here likes it because of their disdain for the King of Kings, but lets face it... a video package with a broom reenacting Hunter's greatest moments would get more ratings than anything the straight edge vegans can conjure up. And I understand people being upset with Trips taking Punk's spotlight, but CM would never would have gotten over if he didn't have someone as awesome as the Cerebral Assassin to shoot on. Who else was he going to shoot on? Teddy Long? Please.... Plus, I blame that whole debacle not on The Game, but Big Daddy Cool. HHH being the gracious person that he is gave his old buddy another opportunity to shine and he blew it. Nash you were not sweet at all.. You were sour Bro! And yet, think about this.. if it wasn't for that feud, we would have never been introduced to the greatest interim RAW manager of all time ...JOHNNY ACE! Once again, Triple H delivers!

But enough about Triple H. I want to talk about HHH+Undertaker+HBK. I like the fact that they finally have some continuity in their story lines from one Mania to the other. Everyone complains about the WWE never having any, but here you have it. Thinking back I was a big fan of the build up to the HBK rematch with him losing the Rumble and figuring out a way back into the Spotlight. Yeah it was cool and thought out, and I'm sure Trips must have had some input. So anyhow, we're set for one of the greatest matches once again. Get hyped!

Ithil

Really enjoying the whole HHH vs UNDERTAKER vs HBK storyline. I know no one here likes it because of their disdain for the King of Kings, but lets face it... a video package with a broom reenacting Hunter's greatest moments would get more ratings than anything the straight edge vegans can conjure up. And I understand people being upset with Trips taking Punk's spotlight, but CM would never would have gotten over if he didn't have someone as awesome as the Cerebral Assassin to shoot on. Who else was he going to shoot on? Teddy Long? Please.... Plus, I blame that whole debacle not on The Game, but Big Daddy Cool. HHH being the gracious person that he is gave his old buddy another opportunity to shine and he blew it. Nash you were not sweet at all.. You were sour Bro! And yet, think about this.. if it wasn't for that feud, we would have never been introduced to the greatest interim RAW manager of all time ...JOHNNY ACE! Once again, Triple H delivers!

But enough about Triple H. I want to talk about HHH+Undertaker+HBK. I like the fact that they are finally have some continuity in their story lines from one Mania to the other. Everyone complains about the WWE never having any, but here you have it. Thinking back I was a big fan of the build up to the HBK rematch with him losing the Rumble and figuring out a way back into the Spotlight. Yeah it was cool and thought out, and I'm sure Trips must have had some input. So anyhow, we're set for one of the greatest matches once again. Get hyped!

Er, Vince MacMahon? Punk had already been shooting on him and had a wealth of material left.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
basically undertaker vs triple h =

1. triple h has taker beat but Shawn cannot do the count because triple h did what he couldn't so either triple h fights Shawn instead till taker recovers then taker tombstones triple h and wins.

or

2. triple h has taker beat but shawn cannot do the pin and walks out.

thats pretty much what i get from how its going

Ithil

The only way that SHOULD end is with Taker beating HHH decisively and standing tall after the match, bringing last year's story to a close.

Kyoufu

The only way that SHOULD end is with Taker beating HHH decisively and standing tall after the match, bringing last year's story to a close.

They're setting up a Shawn Michaels vs Triple H match next year aren't they. I can see it coming already.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Taker is gonna knock out HBK or some shit, HBK will DQ (lol no DQ in a HIAC but fuck it, we'll do it live) the Undertaker.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Hawkins says...

So @WWEMcGillicutty & I just got pulled over by Rhode Island State Troopers. They recognized us from #NXT ...They let us slide

C'mon now, like anybody really watches NXT...

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Courtesy of OmegaBR on /wooo/:

T4LyJ.jpg

Had me laughing for a good couple of minutes.

Anyone else notice last night that Kane STILL puts up a knee when landing from an RKO? Makes the move look sloppy as hell.

If the move involves landing on his head Kane will always put a knee up, see the way he takes a pedigree for example. Look forward to a fumbling RKO out of nowhere somewhere down the line.

Kaladin

TNqDK.jpg

One of the founding fathers of Ring of Honor, Bryan Danielson fought to earn his reputation as one of the best wrestlers in the world from day one and helped put ROH on the wrestling map. Crisp technical wrestling, vicious submissions, and fierce strikes are just some of the hallmarks Danielson brings to the table every time he enters the squared circle. It was those attributes that eventually brought him to the ROH World Title and helped establish a reign that will forever stand tall in ROH’s history books.

With battles against AJ Styles, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Jushin Liger & Jay Briscoe, amongst many others, this 2-Disc set is a look at 13 of the best matches from the early years of Bryan Danielson's ROH career. From his “Epic Encounter” with Paul London to the beginning stages of Bryan’s historic ROH World Championship run, these matches are part of what define him as an ROH Legend. This is Bryan Danielson, this is wrestling, this is The American Dragon…

Disc 1
1. vs. Paul London...The Epic Encounter 4/12/03
2. vs. AJ Styles...Main Event Spectacles 11/1/03
3. vs. Jay Briscoe...Final Battle 2003 12/27/03
4. vs. CM Punk...ROH Reborn Stage 1 4/23/04
5. vs. Aries (Final Fall- SOTF 2004)...Survival of the Fittest 2004 6/24/04
6. vs. Austin Aries (2 Out Of 3 Falls)...Testing The Limit 8/7/04

Disc 2
7. vs. Samoa Joe (ROH World Title Match)...Midnight Express Reunion 10/2/04
8. vs. Jushin Liger...Weekend of Thunder Night 1 11/5/04
9. Bryan Danielson & Low Ki vs. Jushin Liger & Samoa Joe...Weekend of Thunder Night 2 11/6/04
10. vs. Homicide (Steel Cage Match)...Final Showdown 5/13/05
11. vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)...Glory By Honor IV 9/17/05
12. vs. Christopher Daniels...A Night of Tribute 11/19/05
13. vs. Naomichi Marufuji...Final Battle 2005 12/17/05

Kaladin

The only part worth watching from last night's RAW was Sheamus/CM Punk vs Jericho/Daniel Bryan. The rest was the same old shit, different week.

Aiii

So not worth it
So hang on, how did Zack Ryder go from having a broken back, to wearing every kind of brace imaginable for weeks, to getting pushed of the ramp and shattering his knees in a wheelchair to limping with just one crutch (poorly I might add, It's like he can't decide on how to limp so he limps five different ways with each step he takes) in just a few weeks of time.

WWE really needs to stop overselling their fake injuries, not even the 6 year olds are buying this injury.

Also, the only two logical fueds for Ryder into Wrestlemania are now seemingly gone. Kane is going into a meaningless Orton fued and Swagger just lost the title he "stole" from him, what a waste of two potential fueds that actually could've had some kind of significance.

Kyoufu

I'm usually positive about most RAW shows (probably because Punk makes it all worth it for me) but damn, this one was bad.

No Punk/Jericho promo, tons of awful promos by Cena and Rock and the only fun part was Santino burying Jack Thwagger.

You know you suck when you job to Santino.

jmdajr

So hang on, how did Zack Ryder go from having a broken back, to wearing every piece of brace imaginable for weeks, to getting pushed of the ramp and shattering his knees in a wheelchair to limping with just one crutch (poorly I might add, It's like he can't decide on how to limp so he limps five different ways with each step he takes) in just a few weeks of time.

WWE really needs to stop overselling their fake injuries, not even the 6 year olds are buying thins injury.

Also, the only two logical fueds for Ryder into Wrestlemania are now seemingly gone. Kane is going into a meaningless Orton fued and Swagger just lost the title he "stole" from him, what a waste of two potential fueds that actually could've had some kind of significance.

I figure they want Orton to embrace the hate too. I mean it's not the most awesome thing, but Kane can come out flaunting how he made Cena embrace the hate feuding with Rock, and now he has to do the same with Orton who has completely lost his edge. You know.. something.

Kaladin

You forgot Eve vs Kellyx2 w/ Zack Ryder as referee.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So hang on, how did Zack Ryder go from having a broken back, to wearing every kind of brace imaginable for weeks, to getting pushed of the ramp and shattering his knees in a wheelchair to limping with just one crutch (poorly I might add, It's like he can't decide on how to limp so he limps five different ways with each step he takes) in just a few weeks of time.

WWE really needs to stop overselling their fake injuries, not even the 6 year olds are buying this injury.

Nobody cares about Zack Ryder.

jmdajr

I'm usually positive about most RAW shows (probably because Punk makes it all worth it for me) but damn, this one was bad.

No Punk/Jericho promo, tons of awful promos by Cena and Rock and the only fun part was Santino burying Jack Thwagger.

You know you suck when you job to Santino.

Jack Swagger? That's not a big deal. Miz on the other hand is beyond pathetic. He'll be lucky to get a Wrestlemnia dark match.

My assumption was he would interfere in Rock/ Cena's match but now I think he's really in the shitter.

Edit: I think they should do a new segment every Raw. "And now...Deep Thoughts with John Cena"

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you know what

Jericho wasn't the legal participant for his team when he pinned Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
I figure they want Orton to embrace the hate too. I mean it's not the most awesome thing, but Kane can come out flaunting how he made Cena embrace the hate feuding with Rock, and now he has to do the same with Orton who has completely lost his edge. You know.. something.

He's already hearing the voices in his head that tell him to start pounding on the mat and beat up everyone that happens to be in the ring though.

RKO's everywhere!

Striker

Miz will be lucky to be standing within 10 feet from The Rock in a WWE ring. He is a jobber, below JTG and Trent Barreta.

jmdajr

you know what

Jericho wasn't the legal participant for his team when he pinned Punk.

Jericho, that sly devil!

He's already hearing the voices in his head that tell him to start pounding on the mat and beat up everyone that happens to be in the ring though.

RKO's everywhere!

Kane was hearing voices in his head when Orton was still in diapers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kane was hearing voices in his head when Orton was still in diapers. You hear that WWE? Roll with it.

Perhaps next week they can open with a three-way debate moderated by King. R-Truth's Little Jimmy vs. Orton's talking snakes and Kane's Fire Demon's.

Should prove for some exciting television.

Kaladin

CW greenlights three unscripted series
Trio skedded to reverse summer ratings woes

By ANDREW WALLENSTEIN

The CW has greenlighted three reality series for this summer in an effort to reverse its perennial post-season ratings woes.

"Breaking Pointe" goes behind the scenes of a ballet company based in Salt Lake City. From BBC Worldwide Prods., "Pointe" counts Kate Shepherd ("Big Brother: According to Russell Brand"), Bill Langworthy ("The City"), Izzie Pick Ashcroft and Jane Tranter as executive producers.

"Catalina" is set in the Miami hotel of the same name where a young staff gets as wild as the guests. Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey ("iMPACT Wrestling") are exec producers of "Catalina," from Bischoff Hervey Entertainment.

"The Star Next Door" is a music-performance contest in which amateurs will get guidance from celebrity mentors including Gloria Estefan and Big Rich. Queen Latifah and Dave Broome ("The Biggest Loser") are executive producers of "Star," which is produced by CBS' Raquel Prods., 25/7 Prods. and Flavor Unit Entertainment.

The trio join a fourth, previously announced unscripted series: "Oh Sit!", an inventive spin on musical chairs from Gurin Co. and 405 Prods.

"One of my first goals here at the CW was to increase the number of hours of original programming, both throughout the season and during the summer," said CW prexy Mark Pedowitz. "With these four new reality series, we're launching our biggest summer schedule yet which will boost our circulation during the summer months and provide us with a promotional platform for our fall launch."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118051085

Kyoufu

Jack Swagger? That's not a big deal. Miz on the other hand is beyond pathetic. He'll be lucky to get a Wrestlemnia dark match.

My assumption was he would interfere in Rock/ Cena's match but now I think he's really in the shitter.

Edit: I think they should do a new segment every Raw. "And now...Deep Thoughts with John Cena"

I laughed when people suggested him to interfere in that match. Worst idea ever. I mean, a Stone Cold, Undertaker or even a CM Punk interference I could see, but MIZ? Come on son. It's Miz. It's not that he sucks (he does), it's more the fact that he sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom