• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys wanna laugh. One of my friends who only watches every once in a while when The Rock returns, or SCSA returns watched last night and thought it was an amazing show.

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys wanna laugh. One of my friends who only watches every once in a while when The Rock returns, or SCSA returns watched last night and thought it was an amazing show.

To be fair, the pre-recorded Rock promo's didn't suck all that much. The rest of Rock on-screen though...

To be fair, the pre-recorded Rock promo's didn't suck all that much. The rest of Rock on-screen though...

Rock did great in the ring too. "Take away the movies, the fame, etc and I am still 6ft4 260lbs and and your a boy and the Rock is gonna make you his bitch" was great and it could have been an amazing standoff and a picture that could have been used for years to sell the match, but Cena was sitting there laughing and smiling. Cena was talking a tough game when Rock wasn't in the ring, but turned into a bitch next to Rock who just sit there and smiled and laughed.

The Empty Arena promo was one of his best in a long time.

Yeah then he came out and laughed and giggled while a 6-4 275 pound beast stared him down. Cornette face.

I don't have a problem with anything the Rock did last night. At least he was entertaining, and he tried to be serious in the ring, but Cena just fd it all up.

When It was all over, I said WWE I know what you are trying to do................Its not going to work. I can't understand why the Rock would agree to tone it down 10 clicks in order to let Cena try to make him look bad.

Kccitystar

Listening to Observer, Meltzer and Alvarez are loving the Cena promo from last night. Bryan Alvarez said it was the best Cena promo ever lol

q5eG7.gif

sajj316

Rock did great in the ring too. "Take away the movies, the fame, etc and I am still 6ft4 260lbs and and your a boy and the Rock is gonna make you his bitch" was great and it could have been an amazing standoff and a picture that could have been used for years to sell the match, but Cena was sitting there laughing and smiling. Cena was talking a tough game when Rock wasn't in the ring, but turned into a bitch next to Rock who just sit there and smiled and laughed.

Thought about it quite a bit and the only thing that these smiles could eventually lead up to is a slap in the face by Rock setting up a more physical confrontation a week or two before Wrestlemania.

sajj316 said:
Thought about it quite a bit and the only thing that these smiles could eventually lead up to is a slap in the face by Rock setting up a more physical confrontation a week or two before Wrestlemania.

This should have happened last night. We all know Rock wouldn't just sit there and take that disrespect. We are getting more weeks of goofy smiling Cena who is ok with everything.

Evening Musuko said:
I hate to say Michael Cole is right, but he's right. Zack Ryder is a goof.

Zack Ryder is a victim of WWE writing. They go out of their way to make him look like an idiot every week. Now he's acting like a 14 year old that's never been kissed by a girl before.

Like I said yesterday. I am glad you all see through this BS. After last weeks RAW I was unsure because so many of you believed that CENA really stunned the Rock. I knew then it was staged. Rock is not so stupid as to write crib notes on his wrist hes been cutting promos for years, and is one of the best of all time. But some people here ate it up like they were having a rap battle and Cena killed the Rock.

This week I come here post RAW, and to my surprise almost everyone sees through this garbage. Proud I am of you all.

Did anyone other than Heavy think it was realsies last week?

I liked last week because I knew it was staged, because Rock is an actor and he was doing a very good job of acting shook, it was Rock selling at his finest. Last night was shitty because he didn't react at all to Cena's mugging and let him get away with cutting him off multiple times.

Beyond that I liked Rock and Cena's pre-records and Rock's live comments, but their confrontation left a lot to be desired.

sajj316

This should have happened last night. We all know Rock wouldn't just sit there and take that disrespect. We are getting more weeks of goofy smiling Cena who is ok with everything.

The E is trying real hard for no physical confrontation until close to Wrestlemania. It's quite evident. I figured we'd get more "ruthless aggression" Cena after his feud with Kane to "embrace the hate". You know .. storyline continuity .. but I guess not.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena is a company man, he would never do a shoot promo like Punk did unless they told him to. Mind you, I loved his work last week, it was great and Rock's reaction was spot on. But I never doubted for a second last weeks promo was 100% work.

WWE did it perfectly though, even sending out an "anonymous text message" to get the dirt sheets talking about how Rock had real backstage heat. Perfectly playing the smarks, I wonder who's idea that was? Rock's?

The E is trying real hard for no physical confrontation until close to Wrestlemania. It's quite evident. I figured we'd get more "ruthless aggression" Cena after his feud with Kane to "embrace the hate". You know .. storyline continuity .. but I guess not.

I'm quite okay with this to be honest. I hate how WWE tends to give everything away by having upcoming opponents face eachother nearly every week in some form or another. There's hardly anything special anymore about PPV matches.

Classic show here from New Japan's 2nd feud with shootstyle promotion UWFi, featuring a ton of awesome wrestling and two true classic matches - namely, another match in the legendary junior heavyweight rivalry between Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Naoki Sano, and an excellent main event contest that sees Keiji Mutoh defending the IWGP Heavyweight Title against UWFi's Nobuhiko Takada.

New Japan - "NJPW VS. UWFi", 10.09.1995
Tokyo Dome
67,000 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1ym4q

01. Yuji Nagata & Tokimitsu Ishizawa vs Hiromitsu Kanehara & Kazushi Sakuraba

02. Shinjiro Ohtani vs Kenichi Yamamoto

03. Takashi Iizuka vs Yoshihiro Takayama

04. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Naoki Sano

05. Riki Choshu vs Yoji Anjo

06. Kensuke Sasaki vs Masahito Kakihara

07. Shinya Hashimoto vs Tatsuo Nakano

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

08. Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada

jmdajr

Cena is a company man, he would never do a shoot promo like Punk did unless they told him to. Mind you, I loved his work last week, it was great and Rock's reaction was spot on. But I never doubted for a second last weeks promo was 100% work.

WWE did it perfectly though, even sending out an "anonymous text message" to get the dirt sheets talking about how Rock had real backstage heat. Perfectly playing the smarks, I wonder who's idea that was? Rock's?

I'm quite okay with this to be honest. I hate how WWE tends to give everything away by having upcoming opponents face eachother nearly every week in some form or another. There's hardly anything special anymore about PPV matches.

Maybe they could have at least some Rock distractions to cost Cena some matches. But it seems they don't want Cena wrestling. Did he have a dark match main event last night?

Or why not give Rock a squash match. It can be against the Miz. Rock doesn't have to break a sweat or get dressed or anything.

Last night's tag main event was good (besides the weird ending), but holy fuck I don't need these guys fighting eachother right now.

The venue and poster for CHIKARA's return to iPPV on June 2nd has been revealed;

GTA_Rex_GFL.jpg

CHIKARA should totally bring in an international wrestler for Kingston to put the title up against - Daisuke Sekimoto vs Eddie Kingston, or Shingo Takagi vs Eddie Kingston, either would be awesome. Also, hoping Steen shows up in some capacity.

*edit, some awesome looking matches on the line-up for AJPW's upcoming show on the 20th;

AJPW "40TH ANNIVERSARY YEAR PRO-WRESTLING LOVE IN RYOGOKU VOL. 14", 20.03.2012 (GAORA TV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

2. All Asia Tag Team Title: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Suwama & Takumi Soya
3. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Shuji Kondo
4. Stack of Arms vs. Aogi-gun - Cage Death Match: Masayuki Kono vs. Yuji Nagata
6. Triple Crown: Jun Akiyama (c) vs. Keiji Muto

Omega vs Kondo should be cool, really looking forward to Kono/Nagata as well, this impromptu Nagata vs AJPW feud has been great.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The venue and poster for CHIKARA's return to iPPV on June 2nd has been revealed;

CHIKARA should totally bring in an international wrestler for Kingston to put the title up against - Daisuke Sekimoto vs Eddie Kingston, or Shingo Takagi vs Eddie Kingston, either would be awesome. Also, hoping Steen shows up in some capacity.

*edit, some awesome looking matches on the line-up for AJPW's upcoming show on the 20th;

AJPW "40TH ANNIVERSARY YEAR PRO-WRESTLING LOVE IN RYOGOKU VOL. 14", 20.03.2012 (GAORA TV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

2. All Asia Tag Team Title: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Suwama & Takumi Soya
3. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Shuji Kondo
4. Stack of Arms vs. Aogi-gun - Cage Death Match: Masayuki Kono vs. Yuji Nagata
6. Triple Crown: Jun Akiyama (c) vs. Keiji Muto

Omega vs Kondo should be cool, really looking forward to Kono/Nagata as well, this impromptu Nagata vs AJPW feud has been great.

I wonder if they'd really put the Triple Crown on Muto. I know dude can still go, sorta, but the last couple matches of his I saw were...let's just say not up to usual Muto quality...

I wonder if they'd really put the Triple Crown on Muto. I know dude can still go, sorta, but the last couple matches of his I saw were...let's just say not up to usual Muto quality...

Yeah, Muto's knees are pretty much shot, so I really wouldn't expect them to put the titles on him or for Akiyama to drop the belts just yet, but I'm willing to bet that both guys will pull out all the stops to put on an awesome main event all the same.

krae_man

The WWE returns to Toronto for a PPV for the first time in over 6 years? I'll believe it when I see it.
Every Wikipedia page I look at still says it's being held in Phoenix.

Yeah, it will be 6 years and two months almost to the day.

it will get changed to a house show

March 6th ROH Newswire;

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/march-6th-newswire

- We want to thank all of the great fans who joined us to celebrate our 10th Anniversary last Sunday in New York City and on iPPV. It was a history making evening that will be remembered for a long time. The replay for this must-see event is available now on GoFightLive.TV right here.

- This week’s “Tuesday Rollout” features a 2-Disc DVD release highlighting the ROH career of one of the founding fathers of Ring of Honor, Bryan Danielson! With battles against AJ Styles, CM Punk, Austin Aries, Jushin Liger & Jay Briscoe, amongst many others, this 2-Disc set is a look at 13 of the best matches from the early years of Bryan Danielson's ROH career. From his “Epic Encounter” with Paul London to the beginning stages of Bryan’s historic ROH World Championship run, these matches are part of what define him as an ROH Legend. This is Bryan Danielson, this is wrestling, this is The American Dragon! Order now while supplies last right here.

- After this past weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV it can now be announced that the ROH World Title Match for “Showdown in the Sun - Day 1” has been set and it is a meeting of three men quite familiar with one another… ROH World Champion Davey Richards defends against Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards in a Triple Threat Elimination battle! This huge main event goes down at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 1” on March 30th in Ft. Lauderdale and LIVE on iPPV for everyone around the world! Tickets for the Spring Break of Pro Wrestling are on sale right here.

- On March 31st in Ft. Lauderdale, three ROH competitors face a “Blind Destiny” with one lucky man receiving an ROH World Title match solely based on the outcome of the title bout on March 30th. “Blind Destiny” will be explained in detail this weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” plus the 3 qualifying matches will take place!

- As was announced several weeks ago, Lance Storm is returning to Ring of Honor for the first time since 2009 to take on “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 1” on March 30th when we hit Ft. Lauderdale, FL for the very first time. As stated before, this is a match that was personally requested by Mr. Storm prior to it being announced. Click here to view a copy of the letter that got the ball rolling.

- Now that Mark & Jay Briscoe have retained the ROH Tag Team Titles against The Young Bucks, it can be confirmed that Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste will have their Proving Ground match against Jay & Mark on 3/30 AND that the Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin bout against the Briscoe’s on 3/31 will be for the ROH World Tag Team Titles!

- Check out “From The Murphy Rec To Trending World Wide” by the Voice of ROH, Kevin Kelly right here. Send your thoughts and questions to Mr. Kelly @RealKevinKelly.

- What about Adam Cole!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWs5b2kgsRo

- In a scene reminiscent of Christopher Daniels actions at our very first event, "The Era of Honor Begins", Kyle O’Reilly refused to shake anyone’s hands after the main event last Sunday.

- The latest edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is NOW available to all Ringside Members for immediate viewing. You will see the Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards bout to determine who will challenge for the ROH World Title on March 30th when ROH hits Ft. Lauderdale for a “Showdown in the Sun”! Also TJ Perkins will be in action against "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with both Brutal Bob and “The 1st Lady of ROH” Maria Kanellis in his corner. Plus expect much more! Check to see if ROH TV airs in your area here.

- Jimmy Jacobs was silent and withdrawn in the locker room after his match with Kevin Steen last Sunday.

- CHIKARA Grand Champion Eddie Kingston is infuriated after what happened between him and Kevin Steen in New York City last Sunday at the “10th Anniversary Event”. Rumor has it that Kingston is looking to fight Steen anywhere, anytime, and any place!

- Tommaso Ciampa is NOT the ROH Television Champion regardless of what the Embassy Limited is claiming to the media. The TV Title was stolen by The Embassy last Sunday and they abruptly left the building with it still in their possession.

- Rhett Titus looked great last Sunday as he and Kenny King scored a huge victory over Haas and Benjamin in Titus’ first match back after having surgery.

Yes! Steen vs Kingston must happen, hopefully either at ROH's Mania weekend shows, or CHIKARA's June 2nd iPPV so I can watch it live.

UberTag

You should have been here after RAW everyone thought it was a shoot. XD
You should dig up quotes from a week ago Monday to call out the folks who fell for it. It wasn't just Heavy.

Here are my quotes from that night:

Wow... for a match supposedly nobody cares about, WrassleGAF sure likes talking about John vs. Dwayne a lot.

You know the definition of apathy is to NOT talk about it, right? You're all behaving like a bunch of marks.
<smiles> Seeing how getting Cena over as a babyface supercedes all else and that Dwayne's just going back to making movies after this why WOULDN'T he deliberately flub his mic work in order to make Cena look better?

It is the ultimate objective here, after all. And clearly seems to be working on you guys.

Everyone must be sacrificed to make Cena look great.

The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Zack Ryder, Eve, Kane... why not Rocky? Why should he be any different?
NONE of those people have WrassleGAF's respect any more. The master plan is working. The Rock is just another character being lined up to fall on the proverbial sword.

The whole Blind Destiny thing is confusing, I hope they explain it better on TV this weekend.

I've no idea how it'll work, I just hope it results in Richards vs Elgin. Every time ROH tries to introduce a new concept it always ends up confusing, lol - like that 'Ringmaster Challenge' match between Edwards & Strong last year.

NoRéN said:
Incoming greatest promos of all time!

Yeah, should get some awesome promos out of this - Steen was pretty good on Sunday, calling CHIKARA "a Micky Mouse promotion" and telling a fan to "shut up before I shut your mouth with my genitals", but Kingston didn't have much of a chance to respond.

bart jr said:
That's the same reason I'm hoping it happens at Synergy, haha

I'd be cool with that, as long as Smart Mark got the DVDs/mp4s out the next day, lol. I wish I lived in the US :(

bart jr

Neo Member
The whole Blind Destiny thing is confusing, I hope they explain it better on TV this weekend.

My guess is the qualifying matches will determine who faces Richards, Strong, and Edwards in singles matches on 3/31, with one of those ultimately being a world title match depending on the outcome of the Triple Threat the night before.

Kaladin

I've no idea how it'll work, I just hope it results in Richards vs Elgin. Every time ROH tries to introduce a new concept it always ends up confusing, lol - like that 'Ringmaster Challenge' match between Edwards & Strong last year.

I'm hoping for Richards vs Elgin or Richards vs Steen out of it. Though, they haven't said if the winner gets the world title shot that night.

Kaladin

My guess is the qualifying matches will determine who faces Richards, Strong, and Edwards in singles matches on 3/31, with one of those ultimately being a world title match depending on the outcome of the Triple Threat the night before.

That actually makes sense.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HHH/HBK = Ugh, why don't these two just kiss each other already?

Ace/Teddy = Crowd loved it, I enjoyed it, Santino got thrown the belt since he was over with the crowd at the EC PPV I guess. May as well give it to someone who is over anyway.

Ryder = Ugh, though I think his face when he got kissed by Eve is totally .gif worthy.

Jericho/Sheamus/Bryan/Punk: Alright.

Big Show/Miz w. Cody video: I guess the video bit is Cody's new thing, whatever.

Rock history lessons:

1. Funny.
2. Okay.
3. Okay.

Truth/Kane random match with Randy outta nowhere: Now that Kane is done jobbing to Cena he can job to Randy.

Cena/Rock:

Cena:

Self-deprecating doesn't work, people don't want to hear him make fun of himself, they want others to do that. They know he's told to wear that shit and say the shit he says. Stop trying to get people to like him.

Rock: Rock's promos are still all over the place bearing little to no consistency except for saying bitch or calling Cena a lady. I think it's shitty that they're basically shitting on Rock for this walking billboard who won't leave.

Also Cena corpsing like a moron is grating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom