• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Observer, Meltzer and Alvarez are loving the Cena promo from last night. Bryan Alvarez said it was the best Cena promo ever lol

The only part worth watching from last night's RAW was Sheamus/CM Punk vs Jericho/Daniel Bryan. The rest was the same old shit, different week.

The Fuck??!! That match was goddamned awful. Jericho wasn't even the legal man when he won, not to mention the fact that it looked was Punk was winning anyway. Sloppy work.

Also, how the hell did guys not enjoy Rock's "History Lessons"? They were frigging hilarious. Although the ending of Raw was kinda painful tonight (not to mention Cena's abomination of a video).

jmdajr

Listening to Observer, Meltzer and Alvarez are loving the Cena promo from last night. Bryan Alvarez said it was the best Cena promo ever lol

Can anyone here give me their ideal version of this fued? I mean what do you want? Cena is NOT turning heel.

krae_man

I like how the WWE's plan to get 50% of the crowd to cheer Cena is to make The Rock look like an idiot for 3 months.

It won't work.

which promo?

the "I must win this match because no one remembers second place" promo or the "lol what are you trying to say rock" with a big goofy smile on his face while the rock says the people are tired of Cena and he is gonna make him his bitch promo?

G-Fex

The Fuck??!! That match was goddamned awful. Jericho wasn't even the legal man when he won, not to mention the fact that it looked was Punk was winning anyway. Sloppy work.

Also, how the hell did guys not enjoy Rock's "History Lessons"? They were frigging hilarious. Although the ending of Raw was kinda painful tonight (not to mention Cena's abomination of a video).

Cause they're awful, like the Crock himself.

CENA EXPRESSED HIS TRUE FEELINGS GUYS, YOU COULD FEEL THE TENSION IN THE RING AND YOU KNOW IT YOU SMARKS. THIS WAS A SHOOT. BUT I GUESS A BUNCH OF BAKA GAIJINS LIKE YOU COULDNT TELL.

Kaladin

I didn't say the match was great by any standard, it was just the only thing on the show that wasn't the same old shit on a different week. Jericho/Bryan actually teaming together was a highlight for me. Also, you forgot to mention how we got "previews" of both Wrestlemania title matches, but I guess we're desensitized to that now.

Kyoufu

Kane shoot promo incoming.

Randy Orton while you lay there hopefully embracing your hate, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this into your sooooul because I have, a lot of things, I want to get off my mask.

I don't hate you Randy, I don't even dislike you, I do like you. I like you hell of a lot more than most mortals, in the back. I hate, this idea, that you're interesting. Because you're not. I'M interesting. I'm the most interesting monster heel in the WORLD.

There's ONE thing, you make look fun than I, and that's pooping in Diva's bags.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Randy Orton while you lay there hopefully embracing your hate, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this into your sooooul because I have, a lot of things, I want to get off my mask.

I don't hate you Randy, I don't even dislike you, I do like you. I like you hell of a lot more than most mortals, in the back. I hate, this idea, that you're interesting. Because you're not. I'M interesting. I'm the most interesting monster heel in the WORLD.

There's ONE thing, you make look fun than I, and that's pooping in Diva's bags.
Greatest promo ever, ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGrMJShMsE

Ithil

I figure they want Orton to embrace the hate too. I mean it's not the most awesome thing, but Kane can come out flaunting how he made Cena embrace the hate feuding with Rock, and now he has to do the same with Orton who has completely lost his edge. You know.. something.

Orton's character has been crazy even as a face for years, there's no hate to embrace.

somedevil

Well this board is not the fairest judge on how good or bad shows are. I'm listening to a podcast that loved the opening segment with Michaels and Triple H. I enjoyed it too.

which promo?

the "I must win this match because no one remembers second place" promo or the "lol what are you trying to say rock" with a big goofy smile on his face while the rock says the people are tired of Cena and he is gonna make him his bitch promo?

They loved both of them. Meltzer loved the empty arena promo more, but Alvarez loved the face to face with Rock and thought the writing on his wrist after Rock left was one of the greatest things ever. They are loving this feud and the HHH/Undertaker stuff. They are skeptical about next week though.

jmdajr

Well this board is not the fairest judge on how good or bad shows are. I'm listening to a podcast that loved the opening segment with Michaels and Triple H. I enjoyed it too.

There was nothing wrong with the opening segment outside of King of Kings haters. It was done well and to the point. Hell I explained all this in the previous page.
Definitely the wrong forum if you want a fair assessment.

jmdajr

so good, right down to the background music.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it but I didn't care for it either, this Undertaker storyline could use more Undertaker and less HBK.

Hopefully Taker shines next week. For god sake, no "WHAT" chants.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The problem with this Taker storyline is that it's had so little to do with Taker. If this really is his last match, then he should be the center focus. I'm amazed, though, that his schedule is so light that he wasn't even at RAW yesterday.

Hopefully Taker shines next week. For god sake, no what chants.

I guess one of the problems is that Taker doesn't have much to work with, he's got to act like he lost and that's pretty much what all his promos are working from, much like with Cena and Rock this feud could use some actual brawling, or at least play up Taker's supernatural side as to try and break HHH mentally before WM.

Like every HHH storyline, it's been made all about him. He's so great that Undertaker would do anything to get a rematch. He's the greatest of all time and better than HBK. He's the last of an era. Nobody else there can do what he can do, etc, etc.

I'm willing to bet that same podcast hated the smiley Cena crap at the end last night though. How in the world anyone could say either of Cena's promo's last night were his "best ever" is beyond me. Nobody remembers a thing he said in that final promo before the Rock got out there, then you have the smiley crap, and to wrap it up he writes on his arm in a worked shoot designed to try and get him over with fans because after seven years on top he can't do it without the Rock's help. All this feud has shown is just how weak Cena is as a face of the company guy. It's gotten to the point where Cena is bigger than the company and they will trample on anything (including Rock's legacy) to try and get him over as a babyface when everything in the world says he needs to turn heel.

jmdajr

I guess one of the problems is that Taker doesn't have much to work with, he's got to act like he lost and that's pretty much what all his promos are working from, much like with Cena and Rock this feud could use some actual brawling, or at least play up Taker's supernatural side as to try and break HHH mentally before WM.
I wonder if it's just not allowed in his contract. Still, I think Cena is getting Rock bottomed through a table before mania.

DKehoe

I wonder if it's just not allowed in his contract. Still, I think Cena is getting Rock bottomed through a table before mania.

I think the less The Rock does physically the better for the build up. Makes people really want to see him actually do something.

They need a pull apart brawl atleast if nothing else. Unfortunately even if they did do one, with Cena smiling and looking goofy and no Jim Ross to sell it, it wouldn't work anyway.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They need a pull apart brawl atleast if nothing else. Unfortunately even if they did do one, with Cena smiling and looking goofy and no Jim Ross to sell it, it wouldn't work anyway.
Cole gets silent and then starts whispering to make it seem dramatic: ". . . . . . . . this. . . this is bad, folks."

I'm usually positive about most RAW shows (probably because Punk makes it all worth it for me) but damn, this one was bad.

No Punk/Jericho promo, tons of awful promos by Cena and Rock and the only fun part was Santino burying Jack Thwagger.

You know you suck when you job to Santino.

And they keep giving away Punk and Jericho pre-WM. By the time we get to WM we would have seen them wrestle 5 times.

They should be praised for their time manipulation skills though

Like I said yesterday. I am glad you all see through this BS. After last weeks RAW I was unsure because so many of you believed that CENA really stunned the Rock. I knew then it was staged. Rock is not so stupid as to write crib notes on his wrist hes been cutting promos for years, and is one of the best of all time. But some people here ate it up like they were having a rap battle and Cena killed the Rock.

This week I come here post RAW, and to my surprise almost everyone sees through this garbage. Proud I am of you all.

I am very frustrated that I can't get that WM 18 feeling with these two going at it.

Unlike a lot of people, I actually fear the day Vince is dead. If they have more inprint on whats happening now, I am very worried for the future.

I am super upset right now.

Going by your comments it sounds like I made the better decision to catch up on Spartacus.

Watch the Rock segments. Only thing worthwhile on the show. Some people liked HHH's promo, but it bored the shit out of me. I never really liked HHH since like 97 and 98 when he was in DX though.

Cole gets silent and then starts whispering to make it seem dramatic: ". . . . . . . . this. . . this is bad, folks."

And then followed by King with the medical examination "I think Cena might be hurt....I think his ribs were broken from that devastating right hand"

Anth0ny

Watch the Rock segments. Only thing worthwhile on the show. Some people liked HHH's promo, but it bored the shit out of me. I never really liked HHH since like 97 and 98 when he was in DX though.

uh1Wk.jpg

HHH's prime.

jmdajr

Remember when Triple H was on on Smackdown and went up against the likes of The Great Khlai and Koslov.
That was awessome.

Cena's promo during the TNA taping was awful, everytime he paused I wanted to yell "BUT AH STILL DON'T KNOW HAOW". Cena is not a serious character.

Remember when Triple H was on on Smackdown and went up against the likes of The Great Khlai and Koslov.
That was awessome.

I remember paying for Survivor Series 2008 assuming that Jeff Hardy might finally win the title only to get 20 minutes of mind numbingly boring Trips and Kozlov action that was won by a crazed hobo looking Edge in the end.
And then of course Jeff did win the following month at a ppv I didn't see.

Basically i'm saying that the use of "awesome" here is being used in miz terms right? as in not awesome?

jmdajr

I remember paying for Survivor Series 2008 assuming that Jeff Hardy might finally win the title only to get 20 minutes of mind numbingly boring Trips and Kozlov action that was won by a crazed hobo looking Edge in the end.
And then of course Jeff did win the following month at a ppv I didn't see.

Basically i'm saying that the use of "awesome" here is being used in miz terms right? as in not awesome?

Yeah not Trips best days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom