• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/07/kia-stevens-kharma-stillborn/#.T1dRkvFmKRo

Bad news for Kharma and her baby unfortunately :(

In the interview she says that she told everyone that it had gone OK because she was scared after announcing it on live television.

Massive respect for her making it to the Royal Rumble. I know the Diva's division needs her but I personally hope that she takes as much time as she needs.

That's awful, something you wouldn't wish upon anyone. Looks like she's coping with it though, she returned for the Royal Rumble and is willing to help other people that experienced the same thing. Massive respect for her.

MC Safety

That's awful, something you wouldn't wish upon anyone. Looks like she's coping with it though, she returned for the Royal Rumble and is willing to help other people that experienced the same thing. Massive respect for her.

WWE will probably turn this tragedy into a tasteful storyline. I have faith.

Aiii

So not worth it
Seeing how they had the Bella's make fat jokes about her when she announced her pregnancy on Raw, you're probably right.

Hogan sex tape? This will be hilarious. Plus it sounds like it was taken while he was with his current wife since he is talking about being healed up from the surgery. I hope it comes out soon.

So now Cena will overcome the odds and beat not just Dwayne, but Hercules at WM.

Watch out Zeus, you're next.

Hulk Hogan is Zeus

hulkzeus.png

Whatcha gonna do Hercules?

Between Hogan, Sting, and Cena who was the worst?

My intuition says Hogan, but Hogan was in Rocky 3 so I'll have to go with Sting.

In terms of 'matches I genuinely enjoyed', Cena is by far the worst. Hogan had some great matches in the 80's and early 90's, especially in Japan, and the same goes for Sting. Cena has just a handful of matches that left me saying "huh, that surprisingly wasn't too bad".

Worst in what way? They all have their positives and negatives.

Who would you least rather be stuck on a desert island with? You also get their entire history of match footage and the means to play it.

Besides Flair who did Sting have great matches with that I should track down? I'm mostly just familiar with his unstoppable Superman shit vs the NWO and his numerous triumphant returns to TNA.

Hogan is a legend with a resume no one can match.
Sting had so many classic matches, and was awesome during the mid 90's.
Cena has not evolved, improved, added anything in 10 years. He is by far one of the worst workers the business has ever seen.

If he didn't rip off Marky Mark he would never have made it.

You know I really disliked Cena between 2005-2006 then he had that feud with Edge which wasn't so bad. Now I just don't care enough to feel one way or another. I think a bit of a break for him would be great.

Anth0ny

Cena has not evolved, improved, added anything in 10 years. He is by far one of the worst workers the business has ever seen.

Pretty much.

Putting Hogan at the same level as Cena is fucking dumb. Dude's a legend.

steveovig

You do realize that Cena does have talent. He wouldn't have lasted this long if he didn't have talent. You just don't like him, so you think he sucks. He's not too far off from guys like Hogan and The Rock, in terms of talent.

You do realize that Cena does have talent. He wouldn't have lasted this long if he didn't have talent. You just don't like him, so you think he sucks. He's not too far off from guys like Hogan and The Rock, in terms of talent.

I think he is an anomaly, and disregarding his impact on 5 year olds, and being a merch mover to the 10 and under group; I think he is far far far from Rock or Hogan.

Without a doubt he's this Generation's 'Mega Star', but I'm not so sure he's on par with Hogan or The Rock. Feel like this debate has lasted almost as long as John Cena's stint as top guy in the WWE!

I appreciate what he offers now, and in the environment he's been asking to perform it in. Its a bit bland and stale now, but then most of the WWE is, and the top guy often reflects the WWE at the time.

Hogan was all Rock'n'Roll.
Rock/Stone Cold were all Attitude.
John Cena is all... safe and level.

steveovig

Sorry I edited my post to add a little more.

You answer me this, Other than his mass appeal to 4th graders. What does he bring to the table?

He's very charismatic, good and confident on the mic, and knows how to tell a story properly. He's had decent matches with guys who shouldn't have had them. He's incredibly over and has stayed that way despite people complaining for the last several years. He's the total package for what draws in US wrestling. You've got to think outside the box.

Kaladin

There have been changes in Dragon Gate/Dragon Gate USA which will rock the very foundation of the wrestling world!

*Masato Yoshino asked Naruki Doi to reform their legendary tag team and Doi agreed. Their first match together as a team will be on March 25th in Japan. They will announce the name of their stable then. Yoshino had already been teaming with Ricochet. However, Yoshino also asked PAC to join the group and PAC agreed, ending his rivalry with Ricochet (which ended in DGUSA last November). Doi then asked Rich Swann to join. This new, exciting stable has Yoshino, Doi, PAC, Ricochet and Swann.

*Jimmy Susumu, Ryo Saito and Genki Horiguchi are the DGUSA members who have formed the "Jimmy" group in Japan. They currently have the Open The Triangle Gate and Open The Twin Gate Titles.

*The Veteran Army, which is the first class of wrestlers in Dragon Gate, now includes CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Gamma and Stalker Ichikawa.

*Akira Tozawa said Blood Warriors was a stupid name and has renamed the group Mad Blankey. We aren't sure what this means yet either. The stable has Tozawa, BxB Hulk and Uhaa Nation. It is unknown where Brodie Lee stands.

*YAMATO and Shingo Takagi remain isolated as a two man stable.

http://dgusa.tv/newsalerts.htm

So it looks like everything has changed....complete reboot. I like the Yoshino/Doi/PAC/Ricochet/Swann team. PAC and Ricochet on a tag team would be awesome. Where does this leave Johnny Gargano and Chuck Taylor though?

Also.....Mad Blankey? Sounds like a bad translation.

Cena is what he is because of how WWE wants to portray him.

Hogan was all Rock'n'Roll.
Rock/Stone Cold were all Attitude.
John Cena is all... safe and level.

Because WWE wants Cena to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom