• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my question is this: if nobody gives a s about Dwayne, can we reasonably expect anyone to give a s about Brock? Is he really the hail mary here?

Nope, but Lesnar would garner some interest and possibly get some mma fans to order Mania next year with a proper build. Rock won't mean nearly as much next year. Mania is their only remaining successful show at this point and they've pretty much established it as it's own brand. Alot of people that don't even watch order Wrestlemania on a yearly basis just because it's Wrestlemania. When Mania numbers start to fall they are screwed.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
man after watching cena revert back to smiley face...man i would hate to work with this guy. You cant just do the same thing every damn interaction with everyone like meh no big deal ...im still gonna be the champion after all this :p . "Probrem?"

I really...really did not like the direction he took this past week, 2 weeks ago was great he seemed focused serious, real, i respected his jab at the rock. Now its back to troll face. Its dumb..its not like we expect Cena to "wrestle" good at WM whats he thinking.

man after watching cena revert back to smiley face...man i would hate to work with this guy. You cant just do the same thing every damn interaction with everyone like meh no big deal ...im still gonna be the champion after all this :p . "Probrem?"

I really...really did not like the direction he took this past week, 2 weeks ago was great he seemed focused serious, real, i respected his jab at the rock. Now its back to troll face. Its dumb..its not like we expect Cena to "wrestle" good at WM whats he thinking.

Noone ever comes out of a feud with Cena looking better or being better for having had the feud with him. It's always worse.

Dinokill

So, is the WWE hoping Cena vs Rock is going to be 50/50 like Rock vs Hulk.

Lol Cena is going to get boooed the fuck out the building. Its going to be like 90-10 for the Rock.

It will be awesome if Cena turns heel and insults the crow saying shit like "Im fucking tired of being a Cartoon character for babies, you can all kiss my ass"

Smackdown Spoilers

Lilian Garcia introduced a replay of the U.S. Title match from Raw. A cage lowered halfway, and then the opening video playing.

The show opened with John Laurinaitis and David Otunga in the cage. He announced a steel cage match for the U.S. championship

1. Santino Marella defeated Jack Swagger to retain the U.S. Title. Dolph tried to climb in halfway through so Santino Cobra'd both hands while he was climbing. The ref threw him out while he sold his hands. In the end, Vickie slammed the door on Swagger by accident, allowing Santino to escape the cage for the win.

Backstage, Teddy Long begged for John Laurinaitis to call off Aksana's match with Kane. Laurinaitis said no because Teddy didn't say please, but he made a match for later - Long vs. Laurinaitis. The winner decides if the Kane vs. Aksana match happens or not. Watch this segment closely, as it has the funniest facial expressions if ever seen from big Johnny.

Drew McIntyre came out. He said that John Laurinaitis said he could keep his job if he won a match against a mystery opponent. The Great Khali came out. David Otunga came to the stage and had Khali take a seat outside to watch the match. He called out the real opponent... Hornswoggle.

2. Drew McIntyre defeated Hornswoggle. McIntyre hit three scoop slams and the ref called for the bell, saying that Horny couldn't get up. So it appears Drew got his job back. Strange. Khali came in and chopped Drew to end the segment. The ref tried but couldn't lift Horny, so Khali carried him out while he was grimacing the whole time. It's possible he was legit hurt, but he may have been selling.

Backstage, Laurinaitis was warming up in a track suit. The guy is comedy gold.

3. Mark Henry defeated Ezekiel Jackson. Zeke jackson came out followed by Mark Henry to a good reaction. Sitting behind the production table, I can see they're playing a video package hyping his weightlifting history (perhaps since he was inducted into a Hall of Fame over the weekend). Henry won in about two minutes.

John Laurinaitis comes to the ring wearing wrestling tights, and Teddy Long follows. Laurinaitis tells him that he should just lay down for him if he wants to save Aksana from Kane.

4. Teddy Long b. John Laurinaitis with a roll-up. Kane attempted to interfere in the match, but Randy Orton ambushed him and hit an RKO on him.

5. Kofi Kingston and R-truth beat Epico and Primo in a non-title match

Michael Cole entered the ring and called out Sheamus, who got a good pop, and then Daniel Bryan, who got a really strong reaction. Lots of heat from kids and tons or cheers from the guys. Signs everywhere read "yes yes yes!" I've found over 5 so far.

Daniel talked. Sheamus talked, AJ grabbed the mic and Bryan told her to shut up. There was a huge pop for that actually. Well from us anyways... Good segment. Both men were getting really comfy on the mic.

Cody Rhodes came out. The production table showed his stuff with Big Show that they've been doing. Show came out followed by The Miz and finally Randy Orton for a six-man tag match.

6. Randy Orton, Big Show, and Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, and The Miz in a six-man tag. Cody and Show brawled to the back, Bryan and Sheamus into the crowd, and Miz ate an RKO for the loss. There was actually a "yes!" chant for Daniel Bryan started opposite the hard camera Kane attacked Randy after the match and they brawled all over the arena, then back into the ring where Orton reversed a choke slam into an RKO. The show should go off with Orton standing tall.

So, is the WWE hoping Cena vs Rock is going to be 50/50 like Rock vs Hulk.

Lol Cena is going to get boooed the fuck out the building. Its going to be like 90-10 for the Rock.

It will be awesome if Cena turns heel and insults the crow saying shit like "Im fucking tired of being a Cartoon character for babies, you can all kiss my ass"
Rock vs. Hogan was NOT 50/50, it was pretty completely pro-Hogan until Rock did the People's Elbow (which is funny sounding, but completely true).

WWE probably thinks it'll be like Rock vs. Austin at WM 17, which is idiotic.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Noone ever comes out of a feud with Cena looking better or being better for having had the feud with him. It's always worse.

i guess so but damn....i always thought cena would win but at this point i want the rock to win , wtf is cena doing, he's treating it like a match on monday night raw. He showed more life when he was raging against ADR...for no apparent reason.

It makes sense that Raw's ratings are dropping. I haven't watched the show live since before the Rumble, and have really only been reading GAF and watching some YouTube clips to get a sense of what is going on. This is probably the longest I've gone without watching Raw since probably late 2003-early 2004, when I mostly just watched Smackdown.

It makes sense that Raw's ratings are dropping. I haven't watched the show live since before the Rumble, and have really only been reading GAF and watching some YouTube clips to get a sense of what is going on. This is probably the longest I've gone without watching Raw since probably late 2003-early 2004, when I mostly just watched Smackdown.

You are doing it right. Just watch the entertaining segments on youtube and save 2 hours. I mainly watch now because I have nothing better to do on Monday nights.

UberTag

Wat.... WAT.... That makes no damn sense at all.
Why should things have to make sense?
All bad guys are in league with all other bad guys don't ya know.
To combine their efforts against all that is good and just in the land.
People like that no-seller John Cena, that viper/legend killer Randy Orton (he RKOed his girlfriend before sending her packing to Clooney), that womanizer Teddy Long, that goofball Santino Marella and that pussy virgin Zack Ryder.

THOSE ARE OUR HEROES!!!

Zack Ryder put up a tweet today saying that a new line of Long Island Iced Z-themed action figures would be released, which included a preview picture him wearing what looks to be Ultimate Warrior facepaint under his sunglasses.

AnNINWpCIAAGHWT.jpg

The Warrior himself wasn't too thrilled about this, and sent a threatening tweet to both Ryder and Ringside Collectibles informing them that the release of the figure would violate his trademark.

@UltimateWarrior said:
@RingsideC @ZackRyder Having fun with MY UW marks is one thing, violating my TM rights is another. Don't think so...someone needs to rethink

Warrior mad.

UberTag

Classic WCW Sting fears for his life now that he's found out he's violated the Warrior's trademarked facepaint.

DSC09214_001.JPG=450

CM Punk? I know he's "worse" for a lot of people but if we ignore HHH tripping him up, Punk really managed to launch himself off of Cena

Basically he launched himself off of Vince McMahon and WWE sucking and breaking the "4th wall". Cena was a huge target for Punk to spew his venom at, because he is one of the largest problems with WWE and the poster boy for shitty WWE. Of course him actually beating Cena and winning the title at MITB helped him(he still couldn't get a clean win!), but who won the title the next night in his absence? CENA. Luckily Punk turned face at this point and HHH smelled a hot angle to insert himself into to avoid getting destroyed weekly by Cena afterwards. Then they put Cena right next to Punk for him to try and leech Punk's "cool factor heat" and before you know it, there Cena is stealing Punk's gimmick of breaking the 4th wall and ruining people's gimmicks live on air as he did to Alberto Del Rio and several others. So, Punk did end up somewhat better after that match with Cena, but that was more the angle and not exactly because of Cena putting someone over. Before Punk, who was there that won a feud with Cena? Who came out better after a feud with Cena?

steveovig

Basically he launched himself off of Vince McMahon and WWE sucking and breaking the "4th wall". Cena was a huge target for Punk to spew his venom at, because he is one of the largest problems with WWE and the poster boy for shitty WWE. Of course him actually beating Cena and winning the title at MITB helped him(he still couldn't get a clean win!), but who won the title the next night in his absence? CENA. Luckily Punk turned face at this point and HHH smelled a hot angle to insert himself into to avoid getting destroyed weekly by Cena afterwards. Then they put Cena right next to Punk for him to try and leech Punk's "cool factor heat" and before you know it, there Cena is stealing Punk's gimmick of breaking the 4th wall and ruining people's gimmicks live on air as he did to Alberto Del Rio and several others. So, Punk did end up somewhat better after that match with Cena, but that was more the angle and not exactly because of Cena putting someone over. Before Punk, who was there that won a feud with Cena? Who came out better after a feud with Cena?

The WWE did give Punk a lot in protecting him since July. That certainly contributed a ton to getting where he is now. He's gotten progressively more over since then, which is obviously good. He needs a little more time to get where Cena is at but he's very close to Orton, in terms of reaction.

1.team ace/team tag team
2.bryan/sheamus
3.kane/orton
4.Taker/HHH
5.divas
6.punk/jericho
7.rock/cena

realistically punk/jericho & bryan/sheamus will most likely only get about 15 min each. Which is pretty good because i expect them be a fast paced back and forth match rather then a slow paced sleeper hold fest that Taker/HHH and rock/cena will be. Either way this WM will eclipse last years for sure and probably be the best one in years.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
1.team ace/team tag team
2.bryan/sheamus
3.kane/orton
4.Taker/HHH
5.divas
6.punk/jericho
7.rock/cena

realistically punk/jericho & bryan/sheamus will most likely only get about 15 min each. Which is pretty good because i expect them be a fast paced back and forth match rather then a slow paced sleeper hold fest that Taker/HHH and rock/cena will be. Either way this WM will eclipse last years for sure and probably be the best one in years.

cody/botch show?

I just remebered...botch show won a match at mania 26 :(

UberTag

Before Punk, who was there that won a feud with Cena? Who came out better after a feud with Cena?
I always like to cite Edge as an example but that's largely due to their feud being evenly matched and memorable prior to Cena sucking ass. In a lot of ways, they built each other up in that lengthy feud.

I'd like to think there was someone since then, though... ummm... RVD? Umaga? <crickets chirp>

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
But your screen name is sf(San Francisco)2fanatic. Are you one of those LA 49er fans? You're like HarryDemeanor being an LA Broncos fan. San Diego isn't that far from you guys.
Support the chargers? We have more pride than that. Hell I roll with the patriots.

I came across the first episode of season 2 of Tough Enough from MTV days. I totally forgot Josh Matthews almost won season 1. Seeing Shad in the auditions saying his being obstacle is overcoming the stereotype that he's a thug was kind of funny. I can't decide if the older ones are better or worse than the new ones considering MAVEN won season 1, but it did have John Morrison ("what's a spinaroonie?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-QkN6qpVns&feature=related

Do Not Want;

"TMZ.com reported that a sex tape involving Hulk Hogan was being shopped to an adult film company. The grainy footage shows Hogan with a woman that isn’t ex-wife Linda or Hogan’s current wife."

UberTag

Do Not Want;

"TMZ.com reported that a sex tape involving Hulk Hogan was being shopped to an adult film company. The grainy footage shows Hogan with a woman that isn&#8217;t ex-wife Linda or Hogan&#8217;s current wife."
I don't want to see his 24-inch python. :(
And that woman had better not be Brooke. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom