• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gotta build Bully Ray for a world title match that ain't happening.

Look djsandman, you and me, we're a lot alike. We both dress well, we enjoy a fine glass of red wine. That's why it pains me so much to see you disparage Total Nonstop Action in this thread.

Please refrain from disparaging Total Nonstop Action.

Kaladin

Look djsandman, you and me, we're a lot alike. We both dress well, we enjoy a fine glass of red wine. That's why it pains me so much to see you disparage Total Nonstop Action in this thread.

Please refrain from disparaging Total Nonstop Action.

How many times have you been to the Impact Zone?

Fuck TNA, I know it's 2012 and all, but this match-up still kinda intrigues me;

RJPW "DAYBREAK", 16.03.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

3. Big Van Vader vs. Tiger Shark

Also;

5. Original Tiger Mask vs. Atsushi Onita

Should be interesting.

And there's a great looking match-up added to AJPW's already-great looking March 20th card;

AJPW "40TH ANNIVERSARY YEAR PRO-WRESTLING LOVE IN RYOGOKU VOL. 14", 20.03.2012
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Akebono, Taiyo Kea, Ryota Hama & Masanobu Fuchi vs. Osamu Nishimura, KENSO, Yutaka Yoshie & Yasufumi Nakanoue
2. All Japan vs. New Japan - Special Singles Match: Seiya Sanada vs. Satoshi Kojima
3. AAA Offer Match - Special Singles Match: SUGI vs. Ronin
4. Akira Raijin Return Match: Akira Raijin, Kaz Hayashi & Minoru Tanaka vs. KAI, Hiroshi Yamato & Gillette
5. Stack of Arms vs. Aogi-gun - Cage Death Match: Yuji Nagata vs Masayuki Kono
6. All Asia Tag Team Title: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Suwama & Takumi Soya
7. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Shuji Kondo
8. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Dark Ozz & Dark Cuervo (c) vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Soya
9. Triple Crown: Jun Akiyama (c) vs. Keiji Muto

Damn, between Sanada/Kojima, Nagata/Kono, Strong BJ/Suwama & Soya, Omega/Kondo and Akiyama/Mutoh, that's looking like a killer show.

MsELz.gif

Kaladin

Zero.

How many times have you payed money to enter the Impact Zone?

Um twice....once I paid money to get into the park when they had lines both inside and outside of the park and sent the inside line in first. This was actually the January 4th, 2010 Impact where Hulk Hogan debut'd and they turned many people away. Technically I did only pay to get inside the park, paid nothing to get into the Impact Zone.

The second time I got a VIP package for a PPV....but i also got to meet Kurt Angle out of it and got front row for the PPV.

The only other time I have been was during Wrestlemania 24 weekend. They turned people outside the park away that weekend too, but I got in the park because my Wrestlemania travel package included a free 2 day Universal Pass.

So actually, I'm gonna say once....since the other time I paid to get into the park, instead of the Impact Zone.

jmdajr

Looking at this in the brilliantly, incredible Hulk Hogan sex tape thread reminded me how Randy used to be pretty awesome...

NTpEM.gif

Guzim

Man charged with stealing $50K from WWE

STAMFORD -- A man from Tennessee has been extradited to Stamford and charged with stealing more than $50,000 from a World Wrestling Entertainment bank account.
James Dewayne Bass, also known as Kelly Monique, 34, of Prospect, Tenn., was charged with first-degree larceny and four counts of second-degree forgery.

During an arraignment hearing Thursday, Stamford Superior Court Judge Robert Genuario set Bass' bond at $50,000 and continued the case until March 22. Genuario transferred the case to the Part A docket, where more serious crimes are heard. The judge set bail without prejudice, which allows Public Defender Howard Ehring to argue for a lower bond amount at a later date.

Stamford Police Sgt. Peter diSpagna said the arrest stemmed from a complaint by a WWE attorney, who called in November to complain that $50,816 had been taken out of a company account and the majority used to buy merchandise and services over the internet or by phone.

Property crimes investigators John Russell and Michael Stempien investigated the case and determined Bass was responsible for stealing the money, diSpagna said.

The investigation determined that of the 61 withdrawals made from the account during October and November, Bass was responsible for making 52, diSpagna said.

According to Bass' arrest affidavit, an WWE accountant told Stamford police investigators the wrestling company could not find any record of Bass ever getting a refund check from WWE and that it was unknown how he acquired the checking account number.

DiSpagna said the withdrawals were either made in his name, or those of Kelly Monique or Timothy Battles -- all aliases of Bass, according to Tennessee law enforcement authorities.
DiSpagna said Bass was able to get control of the WWE account by obtaining routing and account numbers of the WWE checking account.

Very interesting, and there's a pixelated mugshot on the site.

adamwest_137931.jpg

Legend's House cast with Adam West. Boooooooooooring. They picked the absolute safest cast they could with the old guys that always appear for WWE on tv.

XenoRaven

Wait, is that Mean Gene? What the hell happened?

EDIT: I guess he's almost 70 so he's pretty old. But still. Hard to see him like that.

No idea, perhaps they scraped Ronin with Gargano seemingly out for the future? Again though, I'm left totally confused as to what the hell's going on in Dragon Gate/DGUSA, lol. I like faction warfare, but it's pretty damn convoluted.

Ronin is still Ronin. Swann was a member of it and Junction 3 last year. If they were going to break up it would have been in November.
DGUSA is kind of always at the mercy of storylines in Japan and that's where the faction splits are happening. I think Ronin will continue for now since Swann's new faction seems to be face.
Gargano seems to be ok to wrestle. He's booked for a tag match Thursday night Mania weekend and he's already wrestled in a battle royal at another indie. I guess we'll find out over Mania weekend if Ronin sticks together.

It looks like the only team that wasn't touched was DGUSA's D.U.F. That makes since though because none of those guys have gone to Japan to my knowledge.

I read a thing were Gargano said he was around 60% now. Him an Yoshino will be pretty good.

I was at the AIW show in Cleveland that Gargano made his comeback at. He entered # 30 in a Royal Rumble did a few spots and won. I'm thinking he should be good to go for all his major bookings in the future.
Lucky man. I wish I was around the AIW area. Seems to be a pretty good group from what I've caught online.

adamwest_137931.jpg

Legend's House cast with Adam West. Boooooooooooring. They picked the absolute safest cast they could with the old guys that always appear for WWE on tv.

Who is the woman? And Piper looks to be back in great shape unless the clothing he's wearing is deceiving. He had let himself go pretty bad every since WCW closed.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
First of all, Adam West looks damn good for being 82.

Second, boooooooooring. Terribly safe cast. Interest lost. Too bad, sounded like an interesting concept.

jmdajr

Thing I can see about gene is his ankles. Look kinda swollen. That's not good. Means heart is not working as good as it used too.

adamwest_137931.jpg

Ain't that the truth...

Also, lose some weight Fink :\ Getting concerned for that guy after seeing him waddle on stage to announce Punk a few weeks back

What, you thought they would put Iron Sheik or Ultimate Warrior on tv again?

Nope, but they could have atleast put some effort into it and got some people that aren't under WWE contract on it. These are the same guys they always bring out when they want to have some "legends" on. There's nothing exciting about this. Plus they are going to be doing stupid shit like going to yoga class based on the leaked footage that came out on tmz.

NoRéN;35850264 said:
She looks all kinds of good in that cover.

I'll check it out soon. I also saw a commercial for a movie with Stone Cold and Danny Trejo.

Xbox live has a trailer for the movie. I think she shows some skin in it too.

jmdajr

WZ has learned that John Cena referencing The Rock having notes on his wrist, which were visible on RAW, was not a planned part of the show

There was much speculation that it was scripted for Cena to call out The Rock's notes, but that appears to be incorrect. The Rock legitimately had the notes to refer to if needed for his lengthy live promo. As WZ columnist Mark Madden wrote, it is something The Rock has done for years.

where is heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom