• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

Little known fact: The Rock had promo notes posted on the walls and ceiling of whatever arena he was in that night. While the audience believed he was posing, he was actually looking at his promo notes off camera.

Oh it's true. It's true.

Izick

Little known fact: The Rock had promo notes posted on the walls and ceiling of whatever arena he was in that night. While the audience believed he was posing, he was actually looking at his promo notes off camera.

Oh it's true. It's true.

Seriously? Sounds fishy.

Rock is such a armature.

Cena just makes his promos something they can print on a shirt. Then for the next 6 months whatever t shirt/arm bands he wears is the basis for all his promos.

Cena makes his promo notes merch

"Rise above hate" got him through that entire Kane feud

Oh it's true. It's true.
I bet he hires people to carry around giant note cards on the set of movies so he doesn't constantly flub his lines too.

Remember when The Rock used to wear $1,000 shirts to do promos in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb1l09d6J1o

Where did he write the notes then?
Plants in the audience holding up giant note cards.

I wonder what The Rock wrote down before his debut on his top ten list of the most humiliating things he could endure?

I don't remember Vince ever humiliating The Rock. This Is Your Life, maybe?

XenoRaven

Here's my biggest issue. Maybe this has already been brought up. My friends keep saying it's real and that he "owned" the Rock and the Rock was really mad or whatever. Who REALLY cares if he has promo notes written down? Dude's got a history of some of the most entertaining promos in wrestling while Cena just rolls out and the last thing I remember is him talking about how he respects everyone's opinion before I fall asleep. Next thing you know he'll tell us all how the People's Elbow doesn't actually hurt and he could get up at any time before the Rock actually connects it.

Here's my biggest issue. Maybe this has already been brought up. My friends keep saying it's real and that he "owned" the Rock and the Rock was really mad or whatever. Who REALLY cares if he has promo notes written down? Dude's got a history of some of the most entertaining promos in wrestling while Cena just rolls out and the last thing I remember is him talking about how he respects everyone's opinion before I fall asleep. Next thing you know he'll tell us all how the People's Elbow doesn't actually hurt and he could get up at any time before the Rock actually connects it.

I hope he counters The People's Elbow and seamlessly transitions to the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

Izick

ibzpV8BSXafgOo.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The shittiest part about this whole thing is that even if Rock beats Cena, Cena will still be on next Raw smiling and talking about how he's still here and Rock is back in Hollywood and doesn't care blah, blah, blah, etc.

XenoRaven's friends are Heavy clones?

The shittiest part about this whole thing is that even if Rock beats Cena, Cena will still be on next Raw smiling and talking about how he's still here and Rock is back in Hollywood and doesn't care blah, blah, blah, etc.
There's always hope it'll put him over the edge and make him blow up a hospital of orphans. All the while Michael Cole and King are dead silent.

I don't care what anyone says. ANYONE! Cena callin out the Rock for the crib notes was planned. Rock aint that stupid. Sorry try again.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor Newswire:

- “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen continues to disrupt our company in the ring as well as backstage. Steen has made calls and sent various e-mails petitioning for his next ROH T-Shirt to have the phrase “Jiu Jitsu J******” on it. Not only has he personally reached out to us on multiple occasions but so have many of his fans. Regardless of how many calls and e-mails we get, ROH will never endorse such distasteful merchandise.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/march-8th-newswire

This shirt must be made.

TheNatural

My Member!
Saw this a few days ago, has it been posted on here?

Regarding the relationship between Dwayne Johnson and John Cena behind the scenes, while the two are cordial with each another, they are not the best of friends. There is genuine tension between both stars, which was said to have intensified in the weeks leading up to Survivor Series.

One former WWE insider who has worked with both Johnson and Cena said of their relationship: "They aren't buddy-buddy, that's for sure. I’ve heard they’ve disagreed about a lot of things. They aren’t big fans of one another personally, but they are willing to carry on with business."

source: www.pwtorch.com

Guys I totally just saw Shawn tell Bret to "Get the fuck out of my ring" after what should have been a classic match :eek:
What do you think is reeeeally going on?

Chopper

Holy shit. I can barely imagine the marking out in this thread if Rocky wins. I don't care how cynical you've become in your old age, you are marking the fuck out.

NoRéN

XenoRaven's friends are Heavy clones?

There's always hope it'll put him over the edge and make him blow up a hospital of orphans. All the while Michael Cole and King are dead silent.

My hope is that Rock wins clean. Cena is so shook up that he just disappears. Cena is a no show. Ryder then comes in to let everyone know that Cena told him that he was shook up and humbled by the Rock and just needs a break from everything.

Cena isn't seen for months, smarks across all message boards rejoice.

Hopefully Cena takes the time off to work on his moves, add some stuff to his repertoire.

He comes back at Survivor Series as something reminiscent of that dominant Cena that debuted in the WWE. No more "Hustle Loyalty Respect". No more "Rise Above Hate". He comes back with the intent of reaching the levels of greatness of legends like Stone Cold, Bret Hart, and the man who beat him at Wrestlemania, The Rock.

Holy shit. I can barely imagine the marking out in this thread if Rocky wins. I don't care how cynical you've become in your old age, you are marking the fuck out.

I would. But history tells me its not going to happen. WM18.

F Cena. If he wins I might hang my boots up for good.

Kaladin

NoRéN;35856628 said:
My hope is that Rock wins clean. Cena is so shook up that he just disappears. Cena is a no show. Ryder then comes in to let everyone know that Cena told him that he was shook up and humbled by the Rock and just needs a break from everything.

Hopefully Cena takes the time off to work on his moves, add some stuff to his repertoire.

He comes back at Survivor Series as something reminiscent of that dominant Cena that debuted in the WWE. No more "Hustle Loyalty Respect". No more "Rise Above Hate". He comes back with the intent of reaching the levels of greatness of legends like Stone Cold, Bret Hart, and the man who beat him at Wrestlemania, The Rock.

Why don't you write for WWE?

Cena will never miss more than a week of tv. Watching that old Cena rap video, it makes me wish WWE wasn't PG anymore:/ Randy Orton is also a victim of TV-PG.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
NoRéN;35856628 said:

This sounds awesome and all, and I'd totally cheer for Cena then, but it won't happen. Sure, Punk is the new merchboy in town, but Cena's crap still sells. We still have a spinner belt.

Hell, they wouldn't even let Punk stay away for more than a week to build up some anticipation from his post-MitB exodus.

It simply won't happen, so you can stop hoping.

Chopper

I would. But history tells me its not going to happen. WM18.

F Cena. If he wins I might hang my boots up for good.

Until the rematch. Which Rocky could conceivably win.

Quick vote. Raise a hand if you are absolutely convinced that John Cena will will clean, 5MOD and all.

*refuses to put up hand*

i mean... They're in Miami! If that happens, Cena is walking out a full fledged heel thanks to after-match shenanigans, surely. The crowd will fucking riot if he's got a grin on his face. Maybe that's why he's been playing up his smiling recently...

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
NoRéN;35856628 said:

Now that works , that works for everybody involved!

SO ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

good idea though :(

NoRéN

Why don't you write for WWE?
I bet if we all got together, split the championships across small groups, we could all come up with awesome storylines leading up to Summerslam. Better than the stuff WWE creative has been coming up for sure.
This sounds awesome and all, and I'd totally cheer for Cena then, but it won't happen. Sure, Punk is the new merchboy in town, but Cena's crap still sells. We still have a spinner belt.

Hell, they wouldn't even let Punk stay away for more than a week to build up some anticipation from his post-MitB exodus.

It simply won't happen, so you can stop hoping.
I know that. You didn't have to be so mean, crushing all my hopes and dreams. :(

Now that works , that works for everybody involved!

SO ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

good idea though :(
I bet Vince reads forums and purposefully does the opposite of what fans want.

Chopper

NoRéN;35856876 said:
I know that. You didn't have to be so mean, crushing all my hopes and dreams. :(
I'm with you man. I think there's a chance Rocky can win. Those fans who boo Cena week in, week out deserve a huge payoff for once. I mean the writing team have dined on that fact for the past 6 months! Give us something.

Screw these marks who think Cena will overcome the odds and Hustle Loyalty and Respect all over The Rock's face.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
NoRéN;35856876 said:

I know your pain.

The Rock's stint in the Nation of Domination is what got me back into wrestling as a teenager. Part of the reason I'm all excited about going to this Wrestlemania is because I'll be there for the unavoidably amazing pop that man is going to get when that bass kick hits.

He's nowhere near his prime, but I'm still going to cheer and flail around like a man-child when he's in the ring.

I'd love for this idea of yours to happen. I'd put money down that it won't, and I'd happily pay up if I was wrong.

Edit: Let me be clear. I think the odds of Rock winning are low, but not impossible, especially if they book a rematch for Summerslam or the next Wrestlemania. However, I don't see your whole idea of Cena disappearing happening. No way.

Kaladin

Speaking of merch sales. They could still sale Cena merch while he's gone. Think about it, Where's Cena? t-shirts, milk cartons, ect.

Here's what will happen. Rock and Cena are going back and forth in their match when out walks Miz to ringside. He's pissed because he didn't get a match at Mania. He either runs in causing a dq or distracts Rock and lets Cena get the aa and the pin. After the match Miz runs into the ring, starts fighting Cena only for Cena to come back and AA Miz. By this point Rock is back up on his feet and looking at Cena AA Miz looking like he is about to rock bottom Cena. Instead he picks up Miz, rock bottoms him, stares at Cena and then shakes his hand and hugs him putting him over and possibly setting up a rematch in the future since it ended due to Miz interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom