• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
imAzlrFyVsadi.gif

AJ hasn't aged a day

I was gonna make a witty crack on how Puerto Rican's totally look likeyoung Japanese girls, but then I got distracted looking up AJ pictures.

I mean, DAMN!

42396434001930937356622.jpg

I'm all for AJ becoming Divas champ by making people tap out to the Octopus and walking down the ring with Bryan shouting YES! YES! YES! But maybe that's just me.

This was rad, thanks yo

NoRéN;35837893 said:
Yeah, good stuff.

For real. Thanks to everyone that stopped by, especially the banned Wrasslegaffers: heavy, Sunflower, and RBH. Thanks to Bootaaay for supplying the content and keeping it syringe-free. Thanks to Razorskin for debuting synchtube to WrassleGaf.

This is going to be the biggest thing to hit WrassleGaf since G-Fex's NWA.

Aiii

So not worth it
They have maybe 5 or 6 actual wrestlers in the women's division atm, they give even the women that can go in the ring maybe 1 minute tops from bell to bell and use the women to either serve as wall decoration for men, not wrestling ever (AJ, Rosa) or for fart jokes...

I would say no, there's little chance they'll recover from that unless Vince steps down or dies.

Striker

Right. I mean, their idea of doing storylines for Diva's is telling other ones they are fat, or farting segments to stupid comedy. Eve has a chance for something but that'll be dumb soon I imagine.

Kaladin

The two CZW death matches have been announced for Dragon Gate USA's Super Show on Thurs March 29 in Miami.

*DJ Hyde vs Drake Younger
*Danny Havoc vs Lucky tHURTeen

I'm really looking forward to that first one.

They really are pulling out all of the stops to get us to like Cena: http://vids.wwe.com/16545/wwecom-exclusive-john-cena-share

I mean, massive respect for Cena's brother, wouldn't wish it to anyone and glad to hear the dude's fine. But must WWE exploit this? Really?

John Cena gifted his brother the power to overcome the ultimate odds, man that John Cena sure is a hero!

Really though it's nice to hear, i'd say WWE wont have any need to exploit this so no need to worry there but then again it is the WWE we're talking about.

Call me a cynic, but it seems kind of disingenuous. I've never seen him tweet an indie wrestler before he came back...

He also tweeted about Robert Roode a few months ago. I think they guy just likes to have a eye on the entire wrestling scene.

Nothing shocking since compared to most guys he got out of the industry pretty young before he became old and jaded about it like most guys become.

Impressive, Nigel McGuiness's documentary already got over 10% of the needed funding. I hope he gets it as it is something I would definitely like to see.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/307482471/the-last-of-mcguinness

I still don't understand why he needs $32,000 though. Couldn't something like this be made for under $5,000? That includes pressing dvds, editing video, and licensing the footage.

What I don't like about the whole thing is this bolded line right here:

Why I need the money

To make a presentable finished documentary I need money to cover the cost of,

1. editing the massive amount of footage,

2. getting rights to other footage and music if feasible,

3. actually producing/shipping the DVD, and fulfilling all the other rewards,

4. the fees taken out by kickstarter/amazon,

5. paying taxes on the money, and

6. supporting myself while I do it.

So basically x amount of money for the film and the rest as a wage for him.

Yeah, fuck that.

What I don't like about the whole thing is this bolded line right here:

6. supporting myself while I do it.

So basically x amount of money for the film and the rest as a wage for him.

Yeah, fuck that.

Yeah, doesn't really make sense, because if he is paying others to edit and produce the film and he already has the footage filmed why would he need to take time away from whatever he does to make it, since all the footage is already filmed? Also, doesn't ROH pay him to announce for them? I would have assumed he gets atleast $2,000 a month to do color on those tapings and ppvs for them. Speaking of which, he is horrible on color and sounds like he's half asleep. Still I love documentaries and would love to see the footage of him talking to other wrestlers etc. I enjoyed Wrestling Road Diaries with Colt Cabana and Bryan Danielson.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I didn't read the Impact spoilers....is TNA worth watching tonight? If not, will Winter be on?

I didn't read the Impact spoilers....is TNA worth watching tonight? If not, will Winter be on?

Tonight is the "Who are we supposed to blame this on if Russo is gone?" edition of Impact. Here is the official preview:

"- After what he did to "Cowboy" James Storm this past week, Bully Ray is claiming to be the new #1 Contender to the World Title! The question is, will Sting agree?

- What's next in the war between Sting and World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode? With their battle at Victory Road drawing closer, will the mind games continue Thursday on IMPACT?

- Will Garett Bischoff show up on Thursday night? His father Eric Bischoff and Gunner warned Garett not to appear unless he has backup! Will Bischoff and Gunner make good on their threats? Or, will the young superstar come prepared?

- In X Division action, it will be X Champion Austin Aries defending the title against Zema Ion

- In tag team action, TV Champion Robbie E and Robbie T will battle Matt Morgan and Crimson, with the winners getting a shot at the Tag Team Championship at Victory Road

- Plus, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles has promised a surprise for Christopher Daniels and Kazarian! What does AJ have planned? Tune in and find out! "

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Not knowing is half the fun.

true but some segments draaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggg way too long..then I go watch basketball and forget TNA is on.

I got lucky a couple of weeks ago when Sting went back to Joker Sting. TNA uploaded the entire segment on youtube before the broadcast.

Interesting interview with Eric Bischoff:

On working with his son on TV: “It’s a challenge and I have mixed emotions about it. At the end of the day, he’s doing what he wanted to do…I have a certain point of view about the wrestling business and the current state of it, and the opportunities that exist in the business today versus what has existed in the past. I tried to dissuade him from getting involved, but he’s doing what he wanted to do. Regardless of how I feel about it, he’s sticking to his dream and that’s an admirable quality.”

On working in the business now versus in WCW: “I live for the day today and I don’t spend a lot of time dwelling in the past. There is a big difference between what I do today for TNA versus what I did for Turner Broadcasting. I don’t have to deal with talent issues. That is a stressful job, even when talent is on their best behavior. It’s stressful having the futures and the welfare of that many people in your hands. Wrestling is a tough business to break into, and knowing that you’re in control of them being able to feed their families…I don’t like that.”

On The Ultimate Warrior’s run in WCW: “There was a certain level of expectation and it fell flat. We thought we had a decent way to use him…I’ll never forget this, it’s like scar tissue, it never goes away. On his first Nitro, he was supposed to cut a 5 or 6 minute promo, and when he got near the TWENTY-FIVE minute mark, I wanted to dig out my eyes. It was the most painful, excruciating, non-seneschal, disconnected interview I’ve ever heard in my life…it was horrifying, and went downhill from there.”

On his role with TNA Booking: “Bruce Pritchard is head of creative, and I oversee things and make sure that the Network gets what is asked for. I wanted to develop a long term plan for booking, and Vince Russo liked running things on a short term planning basis. Right now, we are very much on track with the creative direction that we laid out in October. I work very closely with the team and Dixie on the day of TV, but I’m not involved in management on a day to day basis.”

On Vince Russo’s Departure: “I don’t know why Vince and TNA parted ways, and I wasn’t involved in it. I haven’t spoken to him since, aside from an email wishing him success in the future. I haven’t talked to anyone in TNA about it either. He and I had philosophical differences on how to create primetime television, but I don’t think it’s unfair or unprofessional to acknowledge that. I enjoyed the challenge of working with him.”

On whether or not Ric Flair should appear at the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony this year: “I’m not a decision maker, and whatever they decide, I’m going to support. But in my personal opinion, I think they should allow Ric to go to the Hall of Fame. Ric Flair is a very special individual…he is 63 years old...he’s not perfect, but there is not anyone in this business that deserves the respect and honor of taking center stage in the biggest event in our universe more than he does.”

Sounds to me like he knows his son blows and doesn't want him on TV.

Tonight is the "Who are we supposed to blame this on if Russo is gone?" edition of Impact. Here is the official preview:

"- After what he did to "Cowboy" James Storm this past week, Bully Ray is claiming to be the new #1 Contender to the World Title! The question is, will Sting agree?

- What's next in the war between Sting and World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode? With their battle at Victory Road drawing closer, will the mind games continue Thursday on IMPACT?

- Will Garett Bischoff show up on Thursday night? His father Eric Bischoff and Gunner warned Garett not to appear unless he has backup! Will Bischoff and Gunner make good on their threats? Or, will the young superstar come prepared?

- In X Division action, it will be X Champion Austin Aries defending the title against Zema Ion

- In tag team action, TV Champion Robbie E and Robbie T will battle Matt Morgan and Crimson, with the winners getting a shot at the Tag Team Championship at Victory Road

- Plus, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles has promised a surprise for Christopher Daniels and Kazarian! What does AJ have planned? Tune in and find out! "
WTF? After that 5 star promo from Kurt Angle talking about cue cards, action figures, Jeff Hardy merch, and socks on fricken' arms, he isn't even on tonight's show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom