• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. New Generation Top Superstar (who a portion of the audience is way past tired of) calls out Last Generation Huge Superstar, Now Movie Star, (who the audience still loves despite him leaving) for abandoning the business. Old Generation Star, Now Movie Star, comes back for one more match to kick this New Star's ass while the audience backs Old Superstar, Now Movie Star, almost 100%.

2. Old Superstar 1 vs. Old Superstar 2 fight one more time to end an era inside Hell In A Cell while Old Star 2's Best Friend comes back to be the guest referee. The interesting point here is that Old Star 1 retired Old Star 2's Best Friend two years ago, and Old Star 2 has since went corporate and taken over part of the business so he doesn't want to be the one to "end the era" of guys he feels are no longer around. Old Star 2's Best Friend takes exception to his attitude concerning that, and the fact that all it took was Old Star 1 saying that Old Star 2 could never be as good as Old Star 2's Best Friend for him to take off the suit, and FIGHT ONE MORE TIME.

3. Old Self Proclaimed Best In The World vs. New Self Proclaimed Best In The World for the WWE Title. Key points here include Old Self Proclaimed Best In The World returning after almost 2 years to find New Self Proclaimed Best In The World actually holding the WWE Title for an extended amount of time, and being a major part of the main event scene in a way that Old Self Proclaimed Best In The World never was. They will now fight to see who really is the BEST In The World in a good old fashion WRASSLIN MATCH.

4. YES YES YES vs. Great White. Two guys who were BUMPED from fighting each other at last year's Wrestlamania card in favor of stuff like Snooki are now the World Champion, and the Royal Rumble Winner, respectively. One has turned into a slimy vegan douche, and one has turned into a (racist?) shark on the hunt for blood. This stuff writes itself.

5. Dashing New Generation Superstar vs. Old Generation Giant Who's Had Terrible Wrestlemania Moments for the Intercontinental Title. Dashing New Generation Superstar calls out the Old Generation Giant for weeks on his TERRIBAD Wrestlemania experiences with VIDEO EVIDENCE and a maniacal laugh. Old Giant is angry, and determined to have his shining Wrestlemania moment before his career comes to an end.

Now, with all that said, how have they managed to get me to not care for any of this?

Abyss

2K5FP.jpg

Pair him with Ric Flair as his Teller and BOOM, gimmick.

Flair has magic experience, after all.

Ithil

1. New Generation Top Superstar (who a portion of the audience is way past tired of) calls out Last Generation Huge Superstar, Now Movie Star, (who the audience still loves despite him leaving) for abandoning the business. Old Generation Star, Now Movie Star, comes back for one more match to kick this New Star's ass while the audience backs Old Superstar, Now Movie Star, almost 100%.

2. Old Superstar 1 vs. Old Superstar 2 fight one more time to end an era inside Hell In A Cell while Old Star 2's Best Friend comes back to be the guest referee. The interesting point here is that Old Star 1 retired Old Star 2's Best Friend two years ago, and Old Star 2 has since went corporate and taken over part of the business so he doesn't want to be the one to "end the era" of guys he feels are no longer around. Old Star 2's Best Friend takes exception to his attitude concerning that, and the fact that all it took was Old Star 1 saying that Old Star 2 could never be as good as Old Star 2's Best Friend for him to take off the suit, and FIGHT ONE MORE TIME.

3. Old Self Proclaimed Best In The World vs. New Self Proclaimed Best In The World for the WWE Title. Key points here include Old Self Proclaimed Best In The World returning after almost 2 years to find New Self Proclaimed Best In The World actually holding the WWE Title for an extended amount of time, and being a major part of the main event scene in a way that Old Self Proclaimed Best In The World never was. They will now fight to see who really is the BEST In The World in a good old fashion WRASSLIN MATCH.

4. YES YES YES vs. Great White. Two guys who were BUMPED from fighting each other at last year's Wrestlamania card in favor of stuff like Snooki are now the World Champion, and the Royal Rumble Winner, respectively. One has turned into a slimy vegan douche, and one has turned into a (racist?) shark on the hunt for blood. This stuff writes itself.

5. Dashing New Generation Superstar vs. Old Generation Giant Who's Had Terrible Wrestlemania Moments for the Intercontinental Title. Dashing New Generation Superstar calls out the Old Generation Giant for weeks on his TERRIBAD Wrestlemania experiences with VIDEO EVIDENCE and a maniacal laugh. Old Giant is angry, and determined to have his shining Wrestlemania moment before his career comes to an end.

Now, with all that said, how have they managed to get me to not care for any of this?

Well, because three of those suck and the ones that's don't (3 and 4) aren't getting any TV time.

Seriously how much time did Punk/Jericho and Bryan/Sheamus get on RAW? One short tag match? They didn't even get individual segments, just one throwaway one.

Because, you know Cena will win and the Rock will shake his hand, you fear they may do something astronomically stupid like having HHH break the streak, you know that, as good as Punk & Jericho should be, it doesn't have the hype or exposure it deserves, you know that Sheamus will beat Bryan and you know Big Slow will knock out Cody, get his WrestleMania moment and bring the Intercontinental Title to new lows. Also, there might be an awful Divas match in there somewhere, too. And celebrities you couldn't care less about. And a ton of lengthy Cena/Rock & HHH/Taker promos played multiple times over the course of the PPV. And maybe an advert for Edge's awful looking film.

WRESTLEMANIA!

Screw you guys, I'm hyped for Mania.

I'm not saying it can't end up being a good show, but they've totally dropped the ball with the build IMO. That post I made removing the names from the feuds is exactly how I thought about it in my mind, and it finally hit me that there's really nothing wrong with any of the angles, they just aren't making me care about anything.

Ithil

I'm not saying it can't end up being a good show, but they've totally dropped the ball with the build IMO. That post I made removing the names from the feuds is exactly how I that about it in my mind, and it finally hit me that there's really nothing wrong with any of the angles, they just aren't making me care about anything.

Well apart from a bit of interference and a single promo each, they've done nothing at all for the two World Title matches, which are likely to be the best matches of the night. Cody vs. Big Show is getting more time than the World Title matches are.

Really it does look good when you put it down like that Wrecker.

The unfortunate thing is that angle #1 has been dominating the show up and down. The other thing about it is that Cena really isn't "new generation" anymore, he's been on top for far longer than the Rock was in his heyday so Cena has nothing to gain. It's probably the match on the card with least actually "at stake".

I'm still hyped for the entire rest of that list, though I should mention the inclusion of HIAC is the only thing that got me to care about Mr. H's vs The Last Outlaw

I don't think that this years WM can be worse than last years, so count me as looking forward to it even if I don't agree with the likely match results.
The build ups to WM are always lacking these days so I just look at the event itself on paper, seems solid enough considering the current state of WWE.
Then again I don't have to pay anywhere near as much to watch it so maybe that also factors in.

Ithil

Really it does look good when you put it down like that Wrecker.

The unfortunate thing is that angle #1 has been dominating the show up and down. The other thing about it is that Cena really isn't "new generation" anymore, he's been on top for far longer than the Rock was in his heyday so Cena has nothing to gain. It's probably the match on the card with least actually "at stake".

I'm still hyped for the entire rest of that list.

While the Rock was on top by the time of his match with Hogan, it wasn't like he'd dominated the show for years. Yeah he was the biggest star by that time, but Stone Cold, Undertaker and Triple H were also massive stars, and he'd never been the Hogan-style face dominating the shows. He was on top from 1999-2002, but not nonstop, he had lower level feuds and plenty of time where he wasn't champion and headlining PPVs.

Cena...yeah. It's been ALL Cena for 6 years straight, with the only one coming close being Orton.

jmdajr

While the Rock was on top by the time of his match with Hogan, it wasn't like he'd dominated the show for years. Yeah he was the biggest star by that time, but Stone Cold, Undertaker and Triple H were also massive stars, and he'd never been the Hogan-style face dominating the shows. He was on top from 1999-2002, but not nonstop, he had lower level feuds and plenty of time where he wasn't champion and headlining PPVs.

Cena...yeah. It's been ALL Cena for 6 years straight, with the only one coming close being Orton.

Hmm... So it's really Rock vs Hogan 2

NoRéN

The less hyped I am before the show, the more pleasantly surprised I'll be if it turns out to not be awful.

I'm more hyped for Mania weekend, including Mania itself I'll be watching 5 PPVs between Friday and Sunday.

The way I feel about mania reminds me of my strategy for test taking in high school. I always expected to do bad so in case in was bad I wasn't so shocked. If I did good it would be a pleasant surprise. I'm expecting Mania to not be good.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Screw you guys, I'm hyped for Mania.

You're going though - it's an entirely different scenario.

I'll still be watching Mania, I'm a bit hyped for it but I'm not super pumped up for it. I think there's some good matches on the card, but they're being over shadowed by matches that are being over hyped on Raw and Smackdown.

Also, going to a house show tomorrow night!! Pretty excited, I'll make sure to take pics and stuff ;P!

Speaking of Buff there were some entertaining stories about him and his time in the WWE the other day on Observer Radio.

1. His mom was his agent and was basically calling WWE headquarters every day bugging them. Also he used to refer to her as mom instead of agent when talking to them about her and business matters.

2. He was hit over the head with a iced water bottle by Hurricane for talking trash to him during practice in the ring before the show with a bunch of guys practicing their matches and lied and said he slipped and hit the apron.

3. A bunch of his friends lied to Buff and said they got a limo and when Buff asked why, they said it's because WWE didn't see them all the same and that only certain stars got limos. This led him to calling WWE headquarters and asking them why he isn't getting a limo. This eventually led to him being fired.

4. Before his match with Booker during their first appearance on Raw, Pat Patterson was backstage telling him how to remain calm, how the fans might not react to them since they aren't WWE stars, and just to do his best. Buff told him "are you kidding me? These guys are going to go crazy when I come through the curtain. I'm a huge star" After the match when he got backstage he thought the match went great and was telling people that.

Khrno

And I am too but lingering in the back of my mind is how is it going to go horribly wrong at some point. Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker/HBK are the 2 culprits on my list. As long as Cena goes over and HHH loses I think we'll be OK.

What makes you think, we wouldn't be ok if Rock goes over instead?

BFIB

You can't have both Cena and HHH lose on the same card, so I'm in agreement.

Cena over Rock, Cena then takes 3 movie deals and comes back at SummerSlam.

HHH will be about to break the streak, but HBK will refuse to make the count, unwilling to see his friend and rival do what he failed to on two occasions - Shawn & Trips will argue, then Taker hits a choke-slam on Mr. H's, hits the tombstone and wins the match and then next year at Mania it will be; Rock vs Cena II, Undertaker vs Lesnar & HHH vs HBK. And Stone Cold vs CM Punk.

DKehoe

Speaking of Buff there were some entertaining stories about him and his time in the WWE the other day on Observer Radio.

1. His mom was his agent and was basically calling WWE headquarters every day bugging them. Also he used to refer to her as mom instead of agent when talking to them about her and business matters.

2. He was hit over the head with a iced water bottle by Hurricane for talking trash to him during practice in the ring before the show with a bunch of guys practicing their matches and lied and said he slipped and hit the apron.

3. A bunch of his friends lied to Buff and said they got a limo and when Buff asked why, they said it's because WWE didn't see them all the same and that only certain stars got limos. This led him to calling WWE headquarters and asking them why he isn't getting a limo. This eventually led to him being fired.

4. Before his match with Booker during their first appearance on Raw, Pat Patterson was backstage telling him how to remain calm, how the fans might not react to them since they aren't WWE stars, and just to do his best. Buff told him "are you kidding me? These guys are going to go crazy when I come through the curtain. I'm a huge star" After the match when he got backstage he thought the match went great and was telling people that.

I must have missed that episode, which one was it?
One of the greatest interviews on the site is the one Bryan Alvarez did with Bagwell. He was asking him what he thought about Raw and Impact going head to head and Buff starts talking about how it was the craziest time because he was WCW tag team champion at the time.

I watched Impact and it really wasn't that bad last night aside from the Garrett Bischoff stuff. He had the hot tag and did like 3 simple moves last night and made all of them look like shit. Aries was gold last night, even questioning Sting's decision to have him fight Ion in a title match before the ppv as a dumb booking decision. The stuff with Eric Young doesn't bother me as it's a way to kill meaningless knockout tag titles, which they honestly shouldn't even have. Bubba high fiving Sting when Sting gave him his match with Roode was great too. How often does the face announcer actually give the heel the title shot right then and there? The Joseph Parks stuff could be good and it will be interesting to see where they take it.

What makes you think, we wouldn't be ok if Rock goes over instead?

The whole world would be more than happy to see Cena get destroyed. But from a where they go from there standpoint Cena can do a lot more with a win at Mania though. Unless he's losing to go heel then by all means do that shit.

I must have missed that episode, which one was it?
One of the greatest interviews on the site is the one Bryan Alvarez did with Bagwell. He was asking him what he thought about Raw and Impact going head to head and Buff starts talking about how it was the craziest time because he was WCW tag team champion at the time.

Actually made a mistake, it wasn't on Observer. It's some interview done with Lance Storm http://youtu.be/1V4xH1PfwgE

I get that the build to WM hasn't been stellar so far but there are still 3 Raws left before Mania. That's 6 hours of programming to get the builds to peak. In my opinion I would rather have the programs build and peak at the go home show then have them peak now and me be tired of them by Mania. So all I'm saying is don't give up on Mania yet there's still plenty of time to get these angles really hot.

Edit: Also WWE should play that JR video at Raw before Mania, but they won't because it was Jim Ross saying it and not their mouth piece Michael Cole.

Ithil

In any case, even if the builds don't improve, you'll still have the video packages before the big matches to get you hyped.

Kaladin

Dragon Gate USA news!!!!!

Tag Title Match Signed For 3/30 Miami

Ronin will finally get their shot at the DGUSA Tag Team Titles in Miami. It will be CIMA & Ricochet defending The Open The United Gate Titles vs. Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann at Open The Ultimate Gate 2012 on March 30th in Miami.

So I guess we'll find out the fate of Ronin here.....remember, this is the PPV you can order for the price of 2 Whopper Jr burgers ($1.99).

Main Event #1 - Open The United Gate Title Match
CIMA & Ricochet defend vs. Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann

Main Event #2
PAC vs. Low Ki

Main Event #3
Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Akira Tozawa

Stable Shootout Match - Street Fight
Sabu & Jon Davis vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

Stable Shootout Match - Fox Picks Callihan's Opponent
Sami Callihan vs. BxB Hulk

Stable Shootout Match - Callihan Picks Fox's Opponent
AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation

Plus More To Be Signed With:
-DGUSA Champion Johnny Gargano
-Masato Yoshino
-Bobby Fish
-The Scene of Scott Reed & Caleb Konley with Larry Dallas
-Plus more to be announced!!!

http://www.wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-3-30-12.html

XenoRaven

Another fun fact (from Chris Jericho's second book):

The original plan for WWE acquiring WCW was going to have a WWE show and a WCW show. Now, I haven't seen that Booker/Buff match, but apparently it was bad enough or the FO hated it enough that they abandoned the idea and instead they had separate rosters for RAW and Smackdown.

In the words of Chris Jericho: "You can thank Buff Bagwell for the brand extension."

The whole world would be more than happy to see Cena get destroyed. But from a where they go from there standpoint Cena can do a lot more with a win at Mania though. Unless he's losing to go heel then by all means do that shit.

Yeah, that young up and comer Cena is in real need of that rub.

But in the real world, a Cena loss would add a much more interesting dynamic to the Cena character.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
You can't have both Cena and HHH lose on the same card, so I'm in agreement.

Cena over Rock, Cena then takes 3 movie deals and comes back at SummerSlam.

hahah yeah after Cena 5mod on the rock and gets the pin then rock can shake his hand and say "you got the juice now cena" and walk off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom