• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

ROCK WILL TAP!

221286ba.gif

Plywood's Tommy Dreamer/Francine gif got the Hulk Hogan sex tape thread locked down.

Apparently men grabbing other men's crotches is ok, but not men grabbing women's crotches. Oh well. I hope the tape comes out for entertainment purposes. Somehow this is probably one of those that will never see the light of day though.

UberTag

HHH will be about to break the streak, but HBK will refuse to make the count, unwilling to see his friend and rival do what he failed to on two occasions - Shawn & Trips will argue, then Taker hits a choke-slam on Mr. H's, hits the tombstone and wins the match and then next year at Mania it will be; Rock vs Cena II, Undertaker vs Lesnar & HHH vs HBK. And Stone Cold vs CM Punk.
In a perfect world, we'd have that card THIS year at Mania 28.

- Rocky would have wrestled Cena last spring when people still cared instead of that meaningless officiating gig in a match between Cena & Mike "The Jobber" Mizanin
- We wouldn't have to endure Triple H vs. Taker a 2nd time
- Taker would be healthier & a year younger vs. Brock fresh off his UFC/MMA retirement and not 15 months afterwards
- CM Punk could have held the WWE Title hostage since the summer as a rogue Kevin Steen-like individual only agreeing to come back to square off against Steve Austin at Mania
- Jericho could have returned as a face to feud with Ziggler

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
that thread was a wrasslegaf gif depository. so many gifs that i hadnt seen in ages were in there

I don't have any of his. I do have a bunch of old VHS. I should capture them digitally since these days it seems lots of stuff is censored/altered.
One of the reasons why I liked the new Austin BR/DVD was the fact that they didn't really censor anything besides the WWF name. I'm not sure what changed their minds, but I hope they continue to not censor too much with their later releases.

What is Buff doing today?

He still works indies in Georgia occassionally. He doesn't get a lot of work because his price is still way high. So I guess he saved his WCW money well and isn't hurting for work. He recently did a show in Atlanta teaming with Scott Steiner (jobbing to Mike Knox & Brodie Chase). He's still in phenomenal shape. It's hard to believe he's only 42 considering he's been out of the national scene for over 10 years now. He seems a lot more humble and respectful now. Whenever he does work, he spends a lot of time taking pictures and signing autographs with fans. He didn't go the I Lub Jesus route that Shawn Michaels went, but he seems like a really good guy now. But he was such a punk in the 90s and during his brief time in the WWF, it's probably too little, too late for him.

Fun fact about Bagwell's WWF run: during his last show before getting shitcanned, they were doing a WWF vs. WCW brawl to end Smackdown. The APA was supposed to beat the shit out of Bagwell, but after the first thing they did to him, Bagwell sandbagged on the mat and claimed he injured his neck again (he suffered a severe neck injury in WCW back in 1998). As much as Bradshaw wanted to continue beating his ass, he knew Bagwell had a history of neck injuries so he laid off. Turns out, Bagwell faked the whole thing just to get out of the attack. Jim Ross fired him when he showed up to Raw in Atlanta the next week.

Another fun fact: Bagwell was going to receive $45,000 early severance pay from the WWF as long as he honored a 90-day no-compete clause. He was getting paid $3,750 a week for 12 weeks to stay at home and do nothing. What did Bagwell do less than three weeks later? Appeared on a highly-promoted indy show at the ECW Arena and lost the rest of it after only collecting $7,500 of it. Even better? His check from the indy show bounced (along with everyone else's). The promoter faked a heartattack and went into hiding, so he never got paid.

Parallax

He still works indies in Georgia occassionally. He doesn't get a lot of work because his price is still way high. So I guess he saved his WCW money well and isn't hurting for work. He recently did a show in Atlanta teaming with Scott Steiner (jobbing to Mike Knox & Brodie Chase). He's still in phenomenal shape. It's hard to believe he's only 42 considering he's been out of the national scene for over 10 years now. He seems a lot more humble and respectful now. Whenever he does work, he spends a lot of time taking pictures and signing autographs with fans. He didn't go the I Lub Jesus route that Shawn Michaels went, but he seems like a really good guy now. But he was such a punk in the 90s and during his brief time in the WWF, it's probably too little, too late for him.

Fun fact about Bagwell's WWF run: during his last show before getting shitcanned, they were doing a WWF vs. WCW brawl to end Smackdown. The APA was supposed to beat the shit out of Bagwell, but after the first thing they did to him, Bagwell sandbagged on the mat and claimed he injured his neck again (he suffered a severe neck injury in WCW back in 1998). As much as Bradshaw wanted to continue beating his ass, he knew Bagwell had a history of neck injuries so he laid off. Turns out, Bagwell faked the whole thing just to get out of the attack. Jim Ross fired him when he showed up to Raw in Atlanta the next week.

Another fun fact: Bagwell was going to receive $45,000 early severance pay from the WWF as long as he honored a 90-day no-compete clause. He was getting paid $3,750 a week for 12 weeks to stay at home and do nothing. What did Bagwell do less than three weeks later? Appeared on a highly-promoted indy show at the ECW Arena and lost the rest of it after only collecting $7,500 of it. Even better? His check from the indy show bounced (along with everyone else's) and the promoter faked a heartattack and went into hiding, so he never got paid.

buff bagwell is a fucking idiot. he always has been.

Zack Ryder was in Berlin today to promote the upcoming tour in April and I got to interview him. It was a fun little chat, he came across as a very genuine guy who's really thankful for his recent success. We even shot a "very special" german episode of Z!, I'm looking forward to edit everything together.

http://twitpic.com/8tzr89

PS: Oh, and he WAS selling his injuries (ironically by walkling with a kane). :)

NoRéN

Zack Ryder was in Berlin today to promote the upcoming tour in April and I got to interview him. It was a fun little chat, he came across as a very genuine guy who's really thankful for his recent success. We even shot a "very special" german episode of Z!, I'm looking forward to edit everything together.

PS: Oh, and he WAS selling his injuries (ironically by walkling with a kane). :)

Das is Gut!

bjork

Not sure if this is the case with all WWE products or if this one has changed specifically in later runs, but I used to own this and all 3 discs were stacked on top of each other, on a small spindle.

Just a heads-up for potential scratching issues during shipping or whoever's past storage.

Not sure if this is the case with all WWE products or if this one has changed specifically in later runs, but I used to own this and all 3 discs were stacked on top of each other, on a small spindle.

Just a heads-up for potential scratching issues during shipping or whoever's past storage.
I read the reviews on Amazon, and many were complaining about the packaging. I'll probably buy a replacement case, or sleeves for the discs.

Very cool. Can't wait to watch that.

Parallax

My thoughts exactly.

Ross had a minute and 30 seconds. Cole had 12 months.

its the amount of passion ross puts into it. he can make everything so damn exciting to the point that i wonder why vince has a hard on not to use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom