• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I check Smackdown and the first thing I see is that replay of a Steel Cage match(FOR NO FUCKING REASON).

I can't, I just can't.

So Cena is basically the good guy paragon that nobody likes.
211qvyuvdcl.gif

Paragon 4 lyfe

Oh I remembered something.

I had a dream last night that sin cara returned and interrupted a rock/cena promo.

I blame wrasslegaf for invading my dreams

Go try to be space WWE Jesus somewhere else.
I will press my left trigger, tell you how it really is, and then you'll instantly see the error of your ways by god.

The PG product is not the reason why wrestling is a down time. If anyone remembers 2002 Raw it was non PG and it sucked.
Yeah, it basically comes down to booking. Late 2002-2003 Raw was dominated by Triple H way more than Cena ever did.

TheNatural

My Member!
The PG product is not the reason why wrestling is a down time. If anyone remembers 2002 Raw it was non PG and it sucked.

PG doesn't mean it has to be a bad product, no, but for this current crop of writers and how they handled the switch it's the direct cause. Just like anything else, change doesn't mean it directly causes something harm, but the way it was handled WWE definitely went downhill with the switch because of their own mentality about it.

Watching Smackdown and wow Shaemus is horrible in this feud. Bryans character is amazing and has alot of things going for it but Shaemus is horrible Hes going to win...because he's going to win. There is no reason for the feud other than Shaemus won the rumble.

Izick

10 years from now Jericho will be overshadowed by Cena passing the torch?

Cena passing the torch?...

ihw4S4omKA0TF.gif

Maybe if they make the character interesting again. 10 years from now, all the kids will be grown up, and Cena will be one of those weird period characters that nobody gives a shit about, except for "how was that guy popular?"

atomsk

Party Pooper
The fact that Booker keeps going out of his way to say he will no longer call him D-BRINE and then proceeds to keep doing it is making me laugh every time.

At least he stopped saying MAH BOY

somedevil

Watching it right now

King: "I apologize for Michael, all he can think about is wrestling!"

LOL I sometimes forget how hilarious these old Raws can be in hindsight.

The funny thing was in 2000 that didn't do much wrestling at all at RAw because of fear it will lose ratings to nitro.

So are we any closer to knowing what this years mania theme is.

The memory remains seems to be the HHH/Taker tune but there are a few other songs jumping around.

Have heard 2 Flo Rida songs hyping mania.. one that was also used as Survivor Series.

Turn Me On with that Nicki Minaj lady has been played a few times randomly as well when hyping the event as well.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
The funny thing was in 2000 that didn't do much wrestling at all at RAw because of fear it will lose ratings to nitro.

Really? Wasn't the war practically over by then? I mean, Vince could have shown a two hour video of Hulk Hogan taking a dump and Raw would still get higher ratings than Nitro.

Though Hogan back on WWF TV in 2000 would probably be a huge rating boost.

EDIT: Entropia, Click for nostalgia stream.

somedevil

Really? Wasn't the war practically over by then? I mean, Vince could have shown a two hour video of Hulk Hogan taking a dump and Raw would still get higher ratings than Nitro.

Though Hogan back on WWF TV in 2000 would probably be a huge rating boost.

John Pollock said that while they review the last raw in the lead up to wrestlemania 2000. Vince is always been paranoid so they still believed WCW was competition.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/wrestling/review-wai-march-27-2000-raw-war/

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Yeah that one probably.

That was the one where HBK was bleeding out one of his eyes. I can definitely see why they'd be mad. Pretty crazy that a month after that PPV WWE went TV-PG.

John Pollock said that while they review the last raw in the lead up to wrestlemania 2000. Vince is always been paranoid so they still believed WCW was competition.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/wrestling/review-wai-march-27-2000-raw-war/

Huh, so just another case of Vince being Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom