• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
For some reason, this popped into my mind all of a sudden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scb5LvJlI0A

6CHcJ.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know what I just noticed from watching the nostalgia stream?

The crowd back in 1999 was virtually a sea of signs. So many more than you see at Raw/SD now.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
You know what I just noticed from watching the nostalgia stream?

The crowd back in 1999 was virtually a sea of signs. So many more than you see at Raw/SD now.

They had some pretty crazy signs back then. I remember hearing about a huge New Age Outlaws sign that wrapped around the arena. The crowds probably had more leeway on what signs they could bring.

So f*** Dana White and the UFC. Because of a lawsuit from them and a weird reaction by the state of Oklahoma my short career as a Luchador magician may be on hold/ending.
http://m.okcfox.com/videos/kokh_top_stories_0308_mma.3gp

Basically the state has a 4% tax on PPV revenues that UFC is threatening suit over. In response our commission has put a hold on sanctioning events effectively stopping all in state boxing, MMA, and Pro Wrestling. This is a dumb reaction but the UFC attacking this tax is also bs.

Jesus @ Lawler in the nostalgia stream. "[Ryan Shamrock] is not the kind of woman you stick your tongue out at; in maybe, but not out". Wow, what a difference from today, haha!

Now Jarret and Owen Hart as tag champs. I miss Owen :(

Edit: Now a HUUUGE X-pac pop? Wow, I forgot how over he was...

Double Edit: Forgot about Kane and X-Pac's bromance, haha

Final Cut: Aww, the stream isn't sequential. That puts a bit of a damper on it.

Y'all need to stop playin' and watch some 2012 Raw. There's a reason Dub-See-Dub is dead, nah'mean? None of the nostalgic stuff can stack up.

WWE 2012, The New, New Generation. Where the big boys play.

Y'all need to stop playin' and watch some 2012 Raw. There's a reason Dub-See-Dub is dead, nah'mean? None of the nostalgic stuff can stack up.

WWE 2012, The New, New Generation. Where the big boys play.

Fuck DUB-SEE-DUB, it's all about TEENAY now. None of that Hollywood Hogan and Kung-Fu Bischoff stuff, now we got Hulk "Electronically Stimulate my Penis" Hogan and Eric "My Son Can't Wrestle Worth a Shit" Bischoff.

New Pro-Wrestling NOAH show, featuring the GHC Heavyweight Champion teaming with Michinoku Pro's Jinsei Shinzaki & Kenou against no. 1 contender Takashi Sugiura, teaming with Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori. Plus, NO MERCY of Yoshihiro Takayama and Maybach (Shuhei) Taniguchi face Takuma Sano & Atsushi Aoki, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru takes on Super Crazy!

NOAH "TOKUSHIMA PRO-WRESTLING FESTIVAL 2012"
Tokushima Municipal Gymnasium
1,100 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1yto1

01. Genba Hirayanagi vs Harlem Bravado

02. Super Crazy vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru

03. Mohammed Yone vs Lancelot Bravado

04. Takum Sano & Atsushi Aoki vs NO MERCY (Yoshihiro Takayama & Maybach Taniguchi)

05. Jun Akiyama & Kentaro Shiga vs Go Shiozaki & Kotaro Suzuki

06. Takeshi Morishima, Jinsei Shinzaki & Kenou vs Takashi Sugiura, Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori

Jeff Albertson said:
Been tempted to go and see my local indie fed in England (Preston City Wreslting), they just announced that John Morrison is coming, big news for them

Nice, seems like they've got a pretty good roster, with guys like Johnny Moss, Zack Sabre Jr, Noam Dar, Lionheart, Marty Scurll, El Ligero, etc.

I'll hopefully be going to see a brand new promotion later this month in London, Progress Wrestling; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUlgiSChwF8 - most indies round here are outside of London and a pain in the ass to get to, so it's awesome to see an indie start up right in the heart of Greater London.

A short trailer for Nigel McGuinness' documentary project 'The Last of McGuinness'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ElyX8z7P0

Which you can support over at KickStarter; http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/307482471/the-last-of-mcguinness

He's already got $27,000 of the $32,000 goal, with 29 days left. Crazy.

I pledged $50, btw - even if the guy has the documentary already filmed and surely doesn't need $32,000 for editing, production and distribution costs, I still felt like I should support this, not only because it's a documentary I would like to see, but also because I've had a ton of enjoyment watching Nigel's matches over the years and, out of all the ROH Champions, he was the one guy who really destroyed himself physically to get hold of that belt. By all rights, he should have been a big deal in TNA, and it's a real shame that his career was cut so short.

Nope, I haven't heard anything, other than he should be ready to return in time for the 'Best of the Super Juniors', which NJPW usually holds in May or June, so hopefully we'll know when they announce the tournament line-up next month or the month after.

I'm wondering how they'll handle his return, whether they'll just pick up where they left off, as Ibushi was injured just after winning last year's Super Juniors and then capturing the Jr. Heavyweight belt from Devitt.

Speaking of the Jr. Heavyweight belt, spoilers from the latest NJPW show;

Prince Devitt (c) vs Davey Richards -
Devitt beat Richards to make his 4th defence after 15 minutes with the Bloody Sunday

UberTag

Really would like to see Bryan retain. Face Sheamus is bleh.
And it's baffling to me too because Sheamus (the person, not the character) seems like a really good guy who loves the business. His face character is just bland and a walking stereotype who cracks jokes about the "old country". You just know he'd be more enjoyable writing his own material but he holds back because he's just grateful to get a main event push and doesn't want to end up in anyone's doghouse (i.e. Kevin Dunn) again.

It's a real shame because heel Bryan needs a character on the same level to really match wits with and Sheamus is just a complete waste.

When I think of face Sheamus, I think of an alternate reality where Steve Austin was content to be boring and stay as the horrible Ringmaster character simply because he was getting pushed without ever unleashing Stone Cold on the world.

Sheamus isn't that bad, imo, it's just his character is...nothing. Oh wait, he's Irish! And very pale! Wow, what development.

I'm pretty sure that, unless Mr. H's & Da Undahtaker steal the show, Bryan/Sheamus will be 2nd best match of the night (behind Punk/Jericho) as long as it's given enough time and isn't curtain jerking the show.

UberTag

Sheamus isn't that bad, imo, it's just his character is...nothing. Oh wait, he's Irish! And very pale! Wow, what development.

I'm pretty sure that, unless Mr. H's & Da Undahtaker steal the show, Bryan/Sheamus will be 2nd best match of the night (behind Punk/Jericho) as long as it's given enough time and isn't curtain jerking the show.
Barring some kind of tag title match featuring Kofi, you know it's going to be curtain jerking. The only options they have are Bryan/Sheamus or Rhodes/Big Show - and starting off a PPV with Paul Wight lumbering around to get people excited isn't going to fly.

Best case scenario is that they give the tag division a strong 15-minute opener: Primo / Epico vs. Kofi / R-Truth vs. Ziggler / Swagger in a triple threat. Hell, you can even get the Usos in there and make it a 4-way match.

Also, The Miz should orchestrate run-ins in every single match of the card and get his ass kicked every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom