• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

I do understand why WWE might not want to use JR much.

he is getting old. he has had health problems and really they should have new voices on commentary.

Honestly they should get King out as well.

But yeah... Striker was awesome. WWE thinks they want someone who will say exactly what they are told in there headset... thats not what they need. They need someone who can do that but also has some passion and can get actually excited for the big moments.

If CM punk tore something and was made a permanent announcer I wouldnt be completely bummed out by that.
Shit I'd like if Wade Barrett did some commentary on SD while he's healing up. He was damn good on the couple of occasions he's been at ringside.

Mark Henry is another guy that rocks on commentary. I'd love if he stayed around for a few years at the announce table after he retires from in ring action.

UberTag

King has said in interviews he doesn't even like commentating very much, let alone the product he's doing it for. He'd rather be wrestling.
He should leave and go work for TNA. He could feud with Sting for the title.

If CM punk tore something and was made a permanent announcer I wouldnt be completely bummed out by that.
If Punk was up for it, he should be added to the RAW commentary team right now, make it a 3-man booth and have him leave to wrestle matches/defend his title.
Having the world champ shed insight into every angle on the program and essentially the entire roster could help to organically shape a lot of angles and elevate guys who would otherwise be lost in the shuffle.

Barrett needs to be put on commentary duty immediately. Even keep him there after he's healthy so it can be a surprise when he involves himself in the ring again.

I do understand why WWE might not want to use JR much.

he is getting old. he has had health problems and really they should have new voices on commentary.

Honestly they should get King out as well.

But yeah... Striker was awesome. WWE thinks they want someone who will say exactly what they are told in there headset... thats not what they need. They need someone who can do that but also has some passion and can get actually excited for the big moments.

Jim Ross should be Wrestlemania exclusive, and as for the King not a fan anymore. I liked his commentary when he was supporting heels.

XenoRaven

If Punk was up for it, he should be added to the RAW commentary team right now, make it a 3-man booth and have him leave to wrestle matches/defend his title.
Having the world champ shed insight into every angle on the program and essentially the entire roster could help to organically shape a lot of angles and elevate guys who would otherwise be lost in the shuffle.
The WWE would never do this, but how great would it be for Punk to back up all his talk from last year about change and making the title interesting again by coming out one night on RAW, pulling up a chair next to King and basically saying "I'm the champ. I'm going to call some matches because I'm the champ." and then he would just commentate until he lost the title? It could be a thing where every time he holds one of the two major titles, he commentates on that show. It would be more of a reason to root for him as a face since he's so good on commentary, and would support his "I'm champion, I'm going to do what I what, I'm going to make the title interesting again" character that really hasn't seen much development.

Striker

William Regal would be fine if they let him actually communicate freely. The stuff they do on NXT I just don't even know what the hell.

Heh, I remember two weeks ago on RAW during of a close up of Cole and King some guy held a poster behind them that said: "Fire Lawler, Rehire.." what I assume said JR but it was obscured so I couldn't tell. The guy ran like hell 2 seconds later, probably so he wouldn't get his ass handed to him by the guards or something :lol

NoRéN

Heh, I remember two weeks ago on RAW during of a close up of Cole and King some guy held a poster behind them that said: "Fire Lawler, Rehire.." what I assume said JR but it was obscured so I couldn't tell. The guy ran like hell 2 seconds later, probably so he wouldn't get his ass handed to him by the guards or something :lol

I remember that. I'm surprised he got that sign in.

UberTag

Regal's great on FCW.
Why is Regal great on FCW but not NXT? We all know Vince isn't watching NXT so who is cockblocking decent commentary from happening there? Apart from shitty love triangle angles involving Bateman and Curtis?

Ithil

Why is Regal great on FCW but not NXT? We all know Vince isn't watching NXT so who is cockblocking decent commentary from happening there? Apart from shitty love triangle angles involving Bateman and Curtis?

Well, I could tell you why, but then I'd be lying because I have never watched NXT.

tm24

I don't enjoy that name as much as CombatAnt. Seriously, whoever thought of that is a genius

EDIT: Wait a second...they're doing a Legion of Doom storyline aren't they?

EDIT2: Calling it now, Shard is Rorshach!

steveovig

The WWE would never do this, but how great would it be for Punk to back up all his talk from last year about change and making the title interesting again by coming out one night on RAW, pulling up a chair next to King and basically saying "I'm the champ. I'm going to call some matches because I'm the champ." and then he would just commentate until he lost the title? It could be a thing where every time he holds one of the two major titles, he commentates on that show. It would be more of a reason to root for him as a face since he's so good on commentary, and would support his "I'm champion, I'm going to do what I what, I'm going to make the title interesting again" character that really hasn't seen much development.

That would result in a ton of overexposure and would be very bad.

mechashiva said:
So f*** Dana White and the UFC. Because of a lawsuit from them and a weird reaction by the state of Oklahoma my short career as a Luchador magician may be on hold/ending.
http://m.okcfox.com/videos/kokh_top_...s_0308_mma.3gp

Basically the state has a 4% tax on PPV revenues that UFC is threatening suit over. In response our commission has put a hold on sanctioning events effectively stopping all in state boxing, MMA, and Pro Wrestling. This is a dumb reaction but the UFC attacking this tax is also bs.

First, why is the UFC attacking the tax "BS" as you say? If it was just "BS," then the threat of the UFC suing wouldn't elicit such a response. Obviously, the Athletic Commission has been advised that they will likely lose such a lawsuit, or else they would not have taken this extreme measure that basically shuts down all their activities in the state.

And what the fuck entitles the Oklahoma State Athletic Commission be able to impose a tax on events that do not take place in Oklahoma? Why should the UFC have to pay the Oklahoma State Athletic Commission for not doing anything in a regulatory capacity when they have fights in Vegas, London, Brazil, Japan, or anywhere else in the world not in the shitty state of Oklahoma where the UFC is having its events?

Events held in Oklahoma should pay for regulating events in Oklahoma.

The UFC has every right to call "bullshit" on this tax. The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission is doing nothing to protect UFC athletes when UFC athletes are fighting in outside Oklahoma. If the Athletic Commission is spending more money than it takes in from those in-state events, it needs to either increase it's license fees for events in-state, obtain another source of public funding, or fix it's financing to become more efficient.

And yeah, it's a really dumb reaction by your idiotic Athletic Commission. After all, there a tons of Native American lands all over the state where these events can be held without the Athletic Commission. All this does is turn that from a possibility in promoter's minds to a necessity. So now, instead of some money coming in from in-state promoters, the Athletic Commission will have no money coming in at all.

First, why is the UFC attacking the tax "BS" as you say? If it was just "BS," then the threat of the UFC suing wouldn't elicit such a response. Obviously, the Athletic Commission has been advised that they will likely lose such a lawsuit, or else they would not have taken this extreme measure that basically shuts down all their activities in the state.

And what the fuck entitles the Oklahoma State Athletic Commission be able to impose a tax on events that do not take place in Oklahoma? Why should the UFC have to pay the Oklahoma State Athletic Commission for not doing anything in a regulatory capacity when they have fights in Vegas, London, Brazil, Japan, or anywhere else in the world not in the shitty state of Oklahoma where the UFC is having its events?

Events held in Oklahoma should pay for regulating events in Oklahoma.

The UFC has every right to call "bullshit" on this tax. The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission is doing nothing to protect UFC athletes when UFC athletes are fighting in outside Oklahoma. If the Athletic Commission is spending more money than it takes in from those in-state events, it needs to either increase it's license fees for events in-state, obtain another source of public funding, or fix it's financing to become more efficient.

And yeah, it's a really dumb reaction by your idiotic Athletic Commission. After all, there a tons of Native American lands all over the state where these events can be held without the Athletic Commission. All this does is turn that from a possibility in promoter's minds to a necessity. So now, instead of some money coming in from in-state promoters, the Athletic Commission will have no money coming in at all.

I'm calling BS because the UFC has no need to come attack this tax. It doesn't hurt their business. I doubt anybody buying the ppv's knew it was being applied. If they're worried about their fan base paying too much they should drop some of their lamer cards that they make ppv's.

States apply taxes on things they don't produce all the time. There's a local tax on a movie ticket for movies not produced here. This isn't anything new. At least this tax is sort of earmarked back into the same industry it's applied on.

The indian lands will certainly get some new events if this continues but my luchador group would not go there so it's a sad turn of events.

Honestly pro wrestling shouldn't be under it's umbrella and I hate that it is but if the UFC weren't sticking their nose into something that's not a big deal it wouldn't matter. To me if it's something that didn't bother Vince then it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah fees can be raised on the performers but I like the fact it was partially funded by ppv taxes.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, is there a legal place to watch Japanese and Luchador wrestling?

I miss high flying and trick moves of WcW cruiserweight and some WWE stars.

You use the gimmick better. I still say you should try and get booked by CHIKARA to fued with Icarus!

I've started training with a full size ring group. If in a year I feel I have any real skill I'll try. I'm starting out later that I would have liked and it's really a hobby. I have a lot of respect for guys at that level and wouldn't kid myself into thinking I'm physically near a level to do that.

NoRéN;35903085 said:
Feud with him!

Now that you mention it, a youtube feud could be fun. I'll probably pursue that.

The Beef and Owl Connection? Hmmm.....
Look forward to the "this is your life" topic I make for you in a few months time, it'll be great, i'm sure I wont screw anything up, it will chronicle all that you love in life,
such as Blanka, hill top zone music, R.O.B. and Kane.

dont worry. It will kill your interest soon enough

Sounds promising, coming to think of it i'm not looking forward to much of this years so called "big games".....uh oh, maybe it's already begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom