• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling BS because the UFC has no need to come attack this tax. It doesn't hurt their business. I doubt anybody buying the ppv's knew it was being applied. If they're worried about their fan base paying too much they should drop some of their lamer cards that they make ppv's.

States apply taxes on things they don't produce all the time. There's a local tax on a movie ticket for movies not produced here. This isn't anything new. At least this tax is sort of earmarked back into the same industry it's applied on.

The indian lands will certainly get some new events if this continues but my luchador group would not go there so it's a sad turn of events.

Honestly pro wrestling shouldn't be under it's umbrella and I hate that it is but if the UFC weren't sticking their nose into something that's not a big deal it wouldn't matter. To me if it's something that didn't bother Vince then it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah fees can be raised on the performers but I like the fact it was partially funded by ppv taxes.

When you buy a movie ticket, the cost of your tax is added to the cost of the ticket. Not so with this tax. PPVs in Oklahoma are still $45 in SD and $55 in HD, just like everywhere else that doesn't have this confiscatory (and likely illegal) tax. So that money is supposed to come from the UFC directly.

As for your claim that "it doesn't hurt their business," well how does paying thousands and thousands of dollars in extra taxes that your company doesn't have to pay anywhere else, for no state services rendered, not hurting business?

Yes, I'm sure you did like the PPV tax. It's fun to take money from other people to fund things you want but aren't willing to pay for. Fun, but not necessarily right, or legal.

And yeah, I will agree with you on that...having the State Athletic Commission regulating a totally worked event like a pro wrestling show just shows you your State Athletic Commission is nothing but a bunch of tools collecting "brother-in-law" checks from the state, (like a lot of things in Oklahoma politics.)

Raw 2
Smackdown 2
Superstars 1
NXT 1
ROH 2
Ra Ka King 3
tna 2

well 13 hrs.

Hmmm, if I was ranking these shows it'd look like

1. Raw: Even though it sucks, it's live.

2. Smackdown: No John Cena, but it's not live so I usually just read the spoilers and don't watch.

3. NXT: I watch it every now and then. Johnny Curtis is funny, but everything else including Regal's stuttering, nonsensical, stream of consciousness commentary are awful.

4. Impact: Will tune in every now and then for skits and promos.

5. Superstars: It's just wrestling without entertaining, funny, skits and promos to break up the monotony and provide context. Plus it's not canon so nothing important will ever happen.

6. Ring Ka King: Watched a bunch of episodes and wasn't really impressed. "Yeah baby! I don't like it!"

7. ROH: Never seen it. Don't even know how to see it should, for some bizarre reason, the mood ever strike.

Omg, I am so stunk right now

RR3k4l.png

Hey, I wash every damn day. Sometimes twice a day. Us Kane fans stay clean. Stay clean.

You Kane fans smell the worst out of all of em. You're so up your own supernatural shtick, you guys go weeks without bathing while putting lit matches and sulfur in your pockets trying to capture that fire and brimstone scent.

Make me SICK *spits like a French guy*

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You Kane fans smell the worst out of all of em. You're so up your own supernatural shtick, you guys go weeks without bathing while putting lit matches and sulfur in your pockets trying to capture that fire and brimstone scent.

Make me SICK *spits like a French guy*
Kane fans don't stink. Does this girl look like she stinks?

4449_1284546164.jpg

So I was looking at videos available to but on my Vita and I can across some TNA stuff. I know that TNA isn't popular on WrassleGAF (and for good reason) but there's some really good pricing on a lot of the stuff. Home videos like The Best of Christian Cage are $2.99 and 3 1/2 hours long. That's a pretty good deal, if you ask me. If you have a PS3 or Vita, check it out.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I got bored of my ringtones and want some more wrasslin themed ones. I already have plenty of entrance themes but anyone have a clear clip of D. Brine just saying Yes!. Would be hilarious to have as a ringtone lol.

You see this avatar? This is a heelturn #brother.

I'm reading A Clash Of Kings as I type this.

Had to say that to give some context because you, Plywood, have just done the first heel turn since Mike Tyson's fast count on HBK at WM14 that's truly pissed me off. Disgusting. I can't even look at you anymore.

Kaladin

Ok so the Blind Destiny concept is very interesting and has Cornette written all over it. Basically, they start with having a Triple Threat for the World Title at Showdown In The Sun Night 1. It's Roderick Strong vs Eddie Edwards vs Davey Richards. Then, this week on tv they're having qualifying matches to determine who will face the three guys competing for the title on Night 2.

Kenny King vs Jay Lethal to determine who faces Roderick Strong

Kevin Steen vs Adam Cole to determine who faces Eddie Edwards

Michael Elgin vs Kyle O'Rielly to determine who faces Davey Richards

The winner of the qualifying matches are guarenteed a match on Showdown in the Sun Night 2, but they won't know if it is a world title match till then.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
One more, lol.

"Claire Nash, or as he's better known, The Super Entity Known as Diesel, and sometimes known as Gpd (God spelled with a intentional typo), is a legendary pro-wrestler who is currently playing his trade for TNA (Total Nonstop Action Snooker). Nash is the legendary pioneer of such versatile moves as the Big Boot , and the fabled 'right forearm'. Under the pseudonym 'Jason Lynch's Mother' he is also credited with saving the adult entertainment industry. Tim Robbins is not a good actor. Kevin Nash , however , is. See how that works? Acting person Billy Bob Thorton once declared Nash to be 'twice the size of Texas'. Shortly thereafter Bruce Willis was sent to land on Nash and blow him up."

http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Kevin_Nash

Plywood went heel? My avatar is a heel avatar, right? Welcome to the right side, Ply.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm reading A Clash Of Kings as I type this.

Had to say that to give some context because you, Plywood, have just done the first heel turn since Mike Tyson's fast count on HBK at WM14 that's truly pissed me off. Disgusting. I can't even look at you anymore.
And that is how you gain true #heat.

Take notes smarks, no one has ever been this shook since The Rock got told his corny KPC to KFC cocoa crispies lines wasn't cutting it with the 5th graders anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom