• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look forward to the "this is your life" topic I make for you in a few months time, it'll be great, i'm sure I wont screw anything up, it will chronicle all that you love in life,
such as Blanka, hill top zone music, R.O.B. and Kane.

iyOfZT4nSpnW3.gif

RJOu3.gif

Izick

Ditto on the lost vidya games interest, which is ironically why I signed up in the first place.

It's a combination of nothing being out, GAF, and less inclination to play anything.

I'll approve if there's a trapdoor in the ring that people nearly kill themselves on.

I can't say I share the anti-game sentiments with GAF. If anything, gaming GAF has given me information on great obscure games that I would never have played regardless.

I see Joker Sting is back. Does this mean we watch TNA? :)
55-oh-you.jpg

I still play games. It's usually fighting games to the dismay of my other friends that don't play fighting games.

somedevil

I still play games. It's usually fighting games to the dismay of my other friends that don't play fighting games.

Don't watch this weeks it was boring. They brought back Mr. Anderson and Abyss has a new gimmick where we see him without a mask.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I missed this Kane Promo since I stopped watching around this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGrMJShMsE

This made it seem like Taker was going to retire after Wrestlemania 27. Did they change their minds, or were they always planning for Taker to fight Triple H?
That's the greatest promo in history right there.

Beef, you love Kane, so stop fronting. Owl, yeah, it's not necessarily that GAF kills your interest in gaming, it's just that gaming requires a great deal of commitment that you really don't have much time for as you get older, or depending on your other responsibilities.

That's the greatest promo in history right there.

Beef, you love Kane, so stop fronting. Owl, yeah, it's not necessarily that GAF kills your interest in gaming, it's just that gaming requires a great deal of commitment that you really don't have much time for as you get older, or depending on your other responsibilities.

On a related note to that promo I got night of champions 2010 in a recent sale and the hype video for the Kane/Taker match was very well done, the match itself was better than I remembered if a bit plodding, one of those matches that was clearly hindered by the pg rating, Kane hitting Taker in the ribs with a title belt just looks silly, then again after D Bryne conked out Orton with a head hit a few weeks back I guess it makes sense.

Back to the gaming point, if anything I have too much time for it right now which is my problem, funny how it works both ways, lousy employers no sell my job applications like they're the Great Khali and i'm some jobber.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
On a related note to that promo I got night of champions 2010 in a recent sale and the hype video for the Kane/Taker match was very well done, the match itself was better than I remembered if a bit plodding, one of those matches that was clearly hindered by the pg rating, Kane hitting Taker in the ribs with a title belt just looks silly, then again after D Bryne conked out Orton with a head hit a few weeks back I guess it makes sense.

Back to the gaming point, if anything I have too much time for it right now which is my problem, funny how it works both ways, lousy employers no sell my job applications like they're the Great Khali and i'm some jobber.
Yeah, the matches weren't that bad. The only match that I thought was really bad was the HIAC match. I loved the feud, because the WWE actually incorporated the history of the combatants into it for once.

As for gaming, I think I just started to wane off of it when it just stopped being as interesting to me. I started reading more, and found that more intriguing than anything else. Add in music, girls, friends, and my interests just grew beyond gaming.

The problem bout vidya games is that most of them suck and really aren't as good as reviews or fans will have you believe, especially this late in to the cycle where devs over-promise but don't deliver, and the majority of games have fallen into homogenous design. A lot of boring, overblown, fake "spectacles" but not enough that are purely fun to play past completion.

So yeah, most of the time, talking about games on Gaf >>> playing them, but there's still a gem every now and then.

Uhhhhh, wrestling. There, now it's on topic.

NoRéN

#gamechanger

--

I missed all the posting today, so I'll catch up in Rock-style notes-on-my-wrist fashion:

J.R. >>>>
WrassleGAF makes wrestling bearable
Talking about games > Playing games.

I can't say I agree on the video game part but as far as wrestling, Hell yes!

This thread adds so much to RAW and Smackdown.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
It's funny how much better Ring Ka King is versus Impact.

I've said before, Ring Ka King is simple. Even if I don't understand 75% of the dialogue the show is so easy to follow that it's entertaining. It also helps that the audience actually give a shit about what's happening in the ring.

It's like Paul Heyman always says "Wrestling is simple, people just make it complicated."

G-Fex

it's like that shit is on repeat.

Nobody shuts up about Skyrim

Nobody now shuts up about Mass Effect 3

Come on people.

Izick

Come on people.

It's because they're both (at least ME 1 and 2, haven't played 3 yet) open-world RPG's, and thus, everyone gets invested in the world, and they both take copious hours to complete, so people talk about them over longer times, that and they're (probably) both great games. RPG's are hot, yo.

Oh, and wrestling.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

Come on people.

Gaming is cyclical brother!

Speaking of Wrasslin', TNA Victory Road pay per view tomorrow! I know how WrassleGAF RESPECTS THE SHIT out of TNA so here's a few videos of some of the best Victory Road has to offer.

Victory Road 2009

Victory Road 2011

I hope this year's is a good as those two!

EDIT:

House show was awesome

Good to hear! I hear the house shows are much better than TV tapings. You mind sharing a few details?

Ultratech

no you just wait for the gifs to come out and you'll get the best of the show without wasting any time!

Pretty much.

I've said before, Ring Ka King is simple. Even if I don't understand 75% of the dialogue the show is so easy to follow that it's entertaining. It also helps that the audience actually give a shit about what's happening in the ring.

It's like Paul Heyman always says "Wrestling is simple, people just make it complicated."

I can agree with that. Ring Ka King isn't that complicated and you don't have to put up with much (if any) bullshit. As such, it's fairly enjoyable. Conversely, TNA is a clusterfuck since they try and complicate things so much, it ends up a mess more often than not. As such, it's often hard to give a shit.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Gaming is cyclical brother!

Speaking of Wrasslin', TNA Victory Road pay per view tomorrow! I know how WrassleGAF RESPECTS THE SHIT out of TNA so here's a few videos of some of the best Victory Road has to offer.

Victory Road 2009

Victory Road 2011

I hope this year's is a good as those two!

EDIT:

Good to hear! I hear the house shows are much better than TV tapings. You mind sharing a few details?

Illl post pics and such later

Pretty much.

I can agree with that. Ring Ka King isn't that complicated and you don't have to put up with much (if any) bullshit. As such, it's fairly enjoyable. Conversely, TNA is a clusterfuck since they try and complicate things so much, it ends up a mess more often than not. As such, it's often hard to give a shit.

It's a really good point, whoever actually said that the fans want to be swerved all the time? Good versus bad is still the best way to get someone emotionally involved. Plus when it's a bit more simple, new fans can jump in pretty easily and get into what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom