• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Review a Raw had another great episode. Pollock I think is my fav wrestling analyst, he's critical without being cynical

Yeah I really like Pollock too. He is one of the better minds who talks about wrestling.

He was one of the few people who thought highly of Corino's commentary in NJPW and I agree with him on that.

RBH

Insane how? I've watched the match but I don't remember. Are they into it, or angry, or wha?

Either way, this is my kind of post!
I intentionally made my words vague so that more people could watch the match and see for themselves (and so that I don't outright spoil the ending for anyone who's never watched the match)!

RBH marketing 101!

But for real though guys, watch that match for some great tag-team wrestling and a hot crowd to boot.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah I really like Pollock too. He is one of the better minds who talks about wrestling.

He was one of the few people who thought highly of Corino's commentary in NJPW and I agree with him on that.
I usually agree with Wai more, but I think they balance each other extremely well.

klonere

Banned
Will have to give it a listen today.

Skipped Review-a-Smackdown last week, because the NXT guy that sat in for Wai was insufferable and seemed to encourage the most annoying parts of Pollock. Got like 10-15 minutes in and just made a loud "bahhhhhh" and turned it off.

At least they lump the two worst people in the LAW crew together on whtsNXT so you can skip that show. Braden is indeed quite unbearable.

remembering this happened

Ekg84hJ.gif

Will have to give it a listen today.

Skipped Review-a-Smackdown last week, because the NXT guy that sat in for Wai was insufferable and seemed to encourage the most annoying parts of Pollock. Got like 10-15 minutes in and just made a loud "bahhhhhh" and turned it off.

Yeah I listened but Braden is definitely more of your average cynical wrestling fan. I mean the guy just kept shitting on Wyatt because, and fair enough I guess, he just doesn't like that sort of gimmickm That and he appears to not watch Smackdown much anyway... it made the podcast hard to listen to because no matter what he wasn't going to like it so...

Dude is great with Agnew on the NXT podcast but that's cause NXT is less story and more WWindiE which seems to be Braden's tastes.

Pollock and Ting have just perfect chemistry

At least they lump the two worst people in the LAW crew together on whtsNXT so you can skip that show. Braden is indeed quite unbearable.

Jason Agnew is pretty cool. He and Dan are good on the Sunday Radio show. His audition stories on whtsNXT are greattoo.

Braden is fine on whtsNXT... it's clearly more his style of show.

Mahonay

Banned
I love when Jimmy Korderas does reviews with Pollock, just because Korderas is a hilarious Carney and it's funny to hear his point of view.

UberTag

Starting Raw now. Seeing the reaction to Jericho makes me sad he isn't main-eventing Mania with Owens.

I really wish they just got rid of part-timers. Just let Mania be for the guys that are there all year long.

This year is especially bad since the main match is between guys that barely show up when there's more than enough talent and storylines worth of that spot.
I don't mind using part-timers to prop up interest in Mania. But they should be used to get the casuals in the door to then engage them with the main event feuds and talent that have been driving the WWE product for most of the year. They shouldn't be made the cornerstone of the event with every match featuring someone 45 years old or older and where casuals are educated to believe that everyone else on the roster not named Roman Reigns is chopped liver. That's the fundamental problem.

And maybe they can fix it through Owens. He was a fighting Universal Champ maybe he can be a fighting US champ.

Like if you want the title to mean something you shouldn't mad when they try to make it mean something.
Owens is going to be the only major singles champion on the RAW brand again after Mania so he'd better be able to fix the US belt's rep and be a fighting champion. Although they'll probably book him in a part-timer feud to job against Brock immediately afterwards which will really do a terrible job of elevating that title.

Beefy

So Raw have confirmed most of their Mania matches already:

Sasha vs Bayley vs Charlotte
Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs KO
Goldberg vs Lesner

Just tag teams and a Joe match left?

Edit:
And Ultra Show vs Shaq

Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs KO
Goldberg vs Lesner

Ah yes, the good ole 3-way match for the championship belt. They haven't done this the women before, nope, never.

Bryan Alvarez is such a shit...

Refers to the Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse match as Cena and his girlfriend vs Miz and his girlfriend not even wife, girlfriend.

As if the women, Nikki especially, aren't their own characters.

What a shit.

Recall

So on this Super J Cup Complete Collection Blu-Ray it uses the commercial release of WAR hosting the Super J Cup in 95.

It has these really cool interview introductions for each participants listing their name in English, Japanese, their home promotion etc. I had no idea Funaki considered Battl-Arts his home turf I guess he hadn't settled in at a Michinoku Pro yet.

It shows fans being excited and getting into the venue and buying merch and posters of the brackets. The t-shirts, omg the t-shirts look cool. I love the atmosphere these things create, adds to the spectacle and further adds to that special show feeling.

I've never seen the full show before, I've seen Jericho v Benoit from it though and remember being annoyed at how sloppy it was, though for the other matches I have no idea what to expect. Oh and it had Rey Mysterio vs Psicosis as a non tournament match too, quite the catch for 95.

Aiii

So not worth it
*Tuesdays

At least I fucking hope so.

I was adjusting for the US folks, but yeah, technically it's tuesdays for us Euros :D

-edit: Oh wait, you want him on Smackdown... Gotcha. I figured post-Mania Raw was inter-promotional.

LOL Bryan Alvarez needs to take a break from wrestling, him yelling and swearing and freaking because of Fastlane, a show he said had a lot of good in ring action and that was worth the 9.99 for one match alone, is just hilarious and childish. That the catalyst for his tantrum is Reigns pinning Strowman clean is even better because he prefaces it by saying he thinks Braun is overrated and his matches formulaic but then loses his shit yelling because Reigns won clean...

I mean, I kind of get why, I just find it kind of funny that so many people are going "Ugh, Mania is being main evented by old guys! Why not the fresh young boy CHRIS JERICHO?"

jmdajr

LOL Bryan Alvarez needs to take a break from wrestling, him yelling and swearing and freaking because of Fastlane, a show he said had a lot of good in ring action and that was worth the 9.99 for one match alone, is just hilarious and childish. That the catalyst for his tantrum is Reigns pinning Strowman clean is even better because he prefaces it by saying he thinks Braun is overrated and his matches formulaic but then loses his shit yelling because Reigns won clean...

Sounds not healthy. My reaction to Braun losing.

"What? Well that was dumb."

klonere

Banned

From the outside looking in Fastlane looked pretty poorly booked idk what the problem is

Shouty rants is Alvarez's shtick, it's what keeps his mortgage paid more than anything else he does.

Heroman

Banned
People like when he rants and he like plenty of wrestling but hate dumb booking

Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs KO
Goldberg vs Lesner

Edit:
And Ultra Show vs Shaq

LOL Nia Jax. Guess you're like most girls after all because you don't have a match at WrestleMania.

Because they did it last year, with two of the people in this one and they've done these same kind of matches for the last few months. It's just getting very repetitive.

Their roster is thin right now unless you want Dana and Nia instead of Sasha and Charlotte. Hopefully after Mania they segue into adding Emma and Summer Rae (assuming she's healed) back in or shift the women's rosters around via trades or something.

They are also likely to still add Nia to the mix (not that that makes it any better)

Like ultimately I actually feel like the title hot potatoing and then fights between these three being a toss up on who wins works because these three are the creme of the crop, 3 of the 4 horsewomen, they should be capable of beating each other on any given night.

The three of them facing off all at the same time at Mania seems like a logical progression of the story. I mean in the end the matches are good and so will this one so you can either be upset that you're gonna get a good match between people you've seen a lot of or you can just go with it and enjoy what is going to be a good match.

Like don't get me wrong I get the concern but there's nothing else they have right now, Bayley vs Nia? No thanks. Bayley vs Dana Brooke? Please...

Recall

I don't get the mentality complaining about something before a show happens.

It happened at Wrestlemania 31, everyone fucking bitched and moaned about the build up, about the card and then after the fact those same people admitted it wasn't so bad afterall.

I get it that it is all frustrating and that things are not booked optimally but that isn't WWE's speciality but let them present you the show then decide whether it was justified to hate it. Or just don't watch, but expecting things to suddenly be perfect when the WWE have never shown the ability to be perfect is maddening.

Owens vs Jericho can be excellent regardless of card placement. It has had more build than any other match on the card by a long mile so instead of complaining that a fake belt is on the line let WWE conclude the story and then decide how much of your hate it deserves.

Or be angry all the time. You decide.

People hate Alvarez because they're mad they don't make anywhere near as much money for fake-liking fake stuff

Not a good time in this world for optimism :)

Or because he sounds like a child? Like what is this they're just jealous nonsense?

Also what is your obsession with accusing anyone not rage hating WWE of being fake?

You literally called me a gimmick yesterday because I'm enjoying the product right now.

I don't get the mentality complaining about something before a show happens.

It happened at Wrestlemania 31, everyone fucking bitched and moaned about the build up, about the card and then after the fact those same people admitted it wasn't so bad afterall.

I get it that it is all frustrating and that things are not booked optimally but that isn't WWE's speciality but let them present you the show then decide whether it was justified to hate it. Or just don't watch, but expecting things to suddenly be perfect when the WWE have never shown the ability to be perfect is maddening.

Owens vs Jericho can be excellent regardless of card placement. It has had more build than any other match on the card by a long mile so instead of complaining that a fake belt is on the line let WWE conclude the story and then decide how much of your hate it deserves.

Or be angry all the time. You decide.

Or find something you like. We are in a golden age of graps both old and new.

Real hero just put up all of Hustle.

Top Bottom