• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Raw64life

Watched the opening segment of Raw, then turned on Zelda, telling myself I'd switch back and forth (no pun intended) to check what was going on, and never did. Completely forgot about Raw, and I also forgot that I could actually unplug the Switch and play it portably while I watched Raw if I wanted to. I have no regrets.

Pikma

Banned
I finally found it!🎉🎉🎉

9432364_we-have-so-many-questions-about-women-microwaving_tbd669f96.gif

Pikma

Banned
Apparently Goldberg said he was going to reveal something about himself he had never said out loud before but then the CM Punk chants happened and Heyman had to come out

Thank you Chicago

Thank you CM Punk fans

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Are fans even aware that CM Punk left of his own accord and wasn't let go? It's not like the WWE could get him back even if they wanted to.

Apparently Goldberg said he was going to reveal something about himself he had never said out loud before but then the CM Punk chants happened and Heyman had to come out

Thank you Chicago

Thank you CM Punk fans
He was going to reveal that he hates you and never cared for wcw

Thank you Chicago

Thank you CM Punk fans

Disgusting, ruined Goldberg's emotional coming out.

I would've marked out, especially about the latter
What a sport.

Kurt Angle on Hogan said:
I didn't think he was going to do it! You know, I remember meeting with Vince McMahon and Hogan came into the room. Vince had us together and we were staring each other in the eyes - it was a pretty intense meeting. Hogan and I were sitting where our knees were touching. Vince was just off to the side. He basically just said, we were looking at each other and I hear Vince say, "Alright Terry, you're going to tap out to Kurt tonight."

Terry paused for about five seconds and he looked me in the eyes and he said, "Okay. Let's do this."

I was shocked! You know, you hear some rumors about Hulk Hogan, that he has difficulty putting guys over. But he didn't do that. So the whole rumors were thrown out the window for me. And whether they are true or not, I don't believe them.

I think Hogan has always been about the business, but also, Hogan is and was the business. So, I think, looking out for the business, he had to go over 98% of the time because it was always good for the business. I don't think Terry ever had a thing about what was best for business. I just think he always did the right thing, it was just for almost all his matches, the best thing was for Hulk Hogan to win. So, I've never had any hard feelings about Hulk Hogan. I think that if anything, I respected him more that night for tapping out to me.

How Vince straight came out with the decision is hilarious.

klonere

Banned
Finn will probably turn on Seth, completing the stable

And because everyone liked the first part (Shield vs Evolution), HHH thinks everyone will like the second part, when Creationism (Finn/Joe/Owens) valiantly puts over the reunited Shield, led by the new conqueror god Roman Reigns and Dean (now drafted back to their side)

At first I was

9432364_we-have-so-many-questions-about-women-microwaving_tbd669f96.gif

but then I was

vrV3d8v.gif

Hoky shit Kevin Kelly wasn't kidding when he said looking up Suzuki/Kana is fucked up.

She booked herself in her own company to get completely annihilated in a mixed tag by Suzuki and holy shit does she get annihilated

Lol Taka is totally the Suzuki-gun job guy.

korly

Once Suzuki took out the big Young Lion the look of terror in the eyes of the little guy was amazing.

Wait, intermission already? I thought this thing started at 5am EST?

They keep talking about Suzuki taking out a young lion was that at the press conference thing that was on earlier today or did I totally miss something tonight.

They keep talking about Suzuki taking out a young lion was that at the press conference thing that was on earlier today or did I totally miss something tonight.

Yeah, the New Japan Cup press conference was a few hours before the show started - haven't watched it myself yet, but the only major news was
Yuji Nagata
replacing Honma.

It still boggles my mind that Meltzer cares to cover WCPW

I remember asking him if he'd cover PROGRESS Brixton, what with it being the biggest wrestling show in England since about 1987 - he said "I'd like to", then watched the WCPW piece of shit with Alberto & JR instead haha. Basically, WCPW has the names, plus he can watch it for free on youtube.

I remember asking him if he'd cover PROGRESS Brixton, what with it being the biggest wrestling show in England since about 1987 - he said "I'd like to", then watched the WCPW piece of shit with Alberto & JR instead haha. Basically, WCPW has the names, plus he can watch it for free on youtube.
Did he even watch the ICW Hydro show? I don't remember him catching it.

I only saw he still covers WCPW cause someone was giving out on Twitter cause he hasn't learned Bea Priestly's name despite her being the champion, she's just "the girlfriend" (which is the gimmick, but c'mon dave)

Nope. WCPW's about as far as Dave goes, although he did watch a chapter or two of PROGRESS eventually - Alvarez reckons he's watched most of the PROGRESS chapters, but I'm calling bullshit on that. His only "insight" into the UK scene is that "these guys need to work out more".

klonere

Banned

I only saw he still covers WCPW cause someone was giving out on Twitter cause he hasn't learned Bea Priestly's name despite her being the champion, she's just "the girlfriend" (which is the gimmick, but c'mon dave)

It has JR involved, one of his mates so...

I wouldn't mind as much but Meltz is a tastemaker at this stage him going on about stuff can really boost interest with certain crowds. Not that PROGRESS or other promotions are struggling or anything.

And yeah perhaps he isn't a fan of Pivotshare hehe

korly

My only insight into the UK scene is from watching the Shibata/Riddle match on NJPW World and having to turn off the sound because the fans wouldn't stop fucking singing.

Nope. WCPW's about as far as Dave goes, although he did watch a chapter or two of PROGRESS eventually - Alvarez reckons he's watched most of the PROGRESS chapters, but I'm calling bullshit on that. His only "insight" into the UK scene is that "these guys need to work out more".
I mean it's the indies, what does he want lol, I don't see him complaining about the Bucks body, and they don't have real jobs!

Reminds me of this classic from the BritWres dark days: https://youtu.be/RM5uNULj_Ss?t=10

BRO! Always believe in your bro, you've got the power to bro, you're indestructa-bro, always believe in, because you are BRO!

Building up a few of the cup matches well though, real excited for Shibata/Suzuki, Ishii/Omega and Tanahashi/EVIL.

Oh yeah for sure. No regrets staying up for it but it is not a can't miss is all.

But the Main event is 6 man Chaos vs LIJ so Naito and Okada will have some interaction I'm sure so that'll be cool.

That backside into a jacknife bridge was grrrreat

klonere

Banned
LIJ 6 mans are always great fun, the true savior of NJPW house shows.

Hate that NJPW have been running a lot of shows during the week recently, I wanna watch live ;;;;

Naito's theme is my fav in all of wrestling

Naito is just the best in general

Pretty sure Naito vs Juice is almost definitely the next IWGP IC title match.

Top Bottom