• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

I mean there hasn't to my knowledge been a Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley three way...

Brand split is weird because without it the Smackdown women would be fucked but without it the 4 horsewomen might be in a better shape overall.

And some of the matches have definitely been good: the ironman match was good, the falls count anywhere match was good, the HIAC match was solid, I liked the match at the Rumble, Bayley's title win match was pretty good, Sasha's first title win was also good.
Clash of Champions.

Edit: Also I think if there wasn't a brand split Becky would probably still be mainly doing jobs to put over the newest heel on the block which she's still arguably doing now but at least is treated better for it.

Brand split is weird because without it the Smackdown women would be fucked but without it the 4 horsewomen might be in a better shape overall.

I have very little doubt that if the brand split hadn't happened, Raw would still be only the 4 horsewomen. The Raw women really need the Smackdown treatment of giving everyone something to do. All the women on Raw who are doing something are all shoved in to one story line while you have people like Emma and Tamina who don't get to show up on TV at all. Smackdown booking has done wonders for people like Naomi, Becky, and Alexa

I have very little doubt that if the brand split hadn't happened, Raw would still be only the 4 horsewomen. The Raw women really need the Smackdown treatment of giving everyone something to do. All the women on Raw who are doing something are all shoved in to one story line while you have people like Emma and Tamina who don't get to show up on TV at all. Smackdown booking has done wonders for people like Naomi and Alexa
Isn't Tamina confirmed for Smackdown?

kiguel182

I don't mind using part-timers to prop up interest in Mania. But they should be used to get the casuals in the door to then engage them with the main event feuds and talent that have been driving the WWE product for most of the year. They shouldn't be made the cornerstone of the event with every match featuring someone 45 years old or older and where casuals are educated to believe that everyone else on the roster not named Roman Reigns is chopped liver. That's the fundamental problem.

Yeah, I agree. Having your main match be between two part-timers is not good. Not only as a viewer I'm not that invested in them since they barely show up but also they are sending the message that those two are the best they have and the regulars, the guys that carry the show the rest of the year, suck.

Is she? Last I heard she was doing Raw house shows, but that was a bit ago so I'm probably wrong

EDIT: Looks like you're right. In that case, it might be an issue with injuries, but I kind of doubt they would be using Summer Rae much even if she was healthy based on what they're doing with Emma

It hurts that I'm not playing Zelda right now. Probably buying a Switch when cash is a little more flush.

Have you seen that they are working on emulation for zelda with the wii u? I can only imagine how great it will look.

Yep. You'll inevitably be crushed once you learn your idol is a piece of crap

The whole "you can't move saves off the system even though its a cartridge based system" is dumb as hell though.

Did not know that. Yeah, it is stupid.

Clash of Champions.

Edit: Also I think if there wasn't a brand split Becky would probably still be mainly doing jobs to put over the newest heel on the block which she's still arguably doing now but at least is treated better for it.

Oh yeah...

Oh well, again there's not much else they can do right now as who else is there? If it continues like this past Mania then there's going to definitely be issues.

What I'm hoping happens is that Nia gets added and Banks turns before Mania so that it literally is three heels against Bayley... and Bayley survives by pinning Banks at Mania.

I love the idea of three heels coming for Bayley's title all at once. Fuck I'd go all out make it elimination and have Bayley eliminate them all lol.

Oh yeah...

Oh well, again there's not much else they can do right now as who else is there?

What I'm hoping happens is that Nia gets added and Banks turns before Mania so that it literally is three heels against Bayley... and Bayley survives by pinning Banks at Mania.

I do like the idea of three heels coming for Bayley's title...
I think Bayley pinning Charlotte and then WWE working towards Bayley vs Sasha at Summerslam (around the two year anniversary of the Brooklyn match) would be a neat story for them to go with. Charlotte can feud with Emma with both of them trying to get the other to take Dana Brooke because she's so useless none of them want her.

I think Bayley pinning Charlotte and then WWE working towards Bayley vs Sasha at Summerslam (around the two year anniversary of the Brooklyn match) would be a neat story for them to go with. Charlotte can feud with Emma with both of them trying to get the other to take Dana Brooke because she's so useless none of them want her.

LOL it's too bad too Brooke has a great look alas....

That works too but you'd likely get groans of Bayley vs Sasha same old shit by Summerslam...

I don't really care that much as I enjoy all three women.

I edited in that I'd do a full on elimination match at Mania and just have Bayley eliminate them all...

somedevil

She has been doing house shows only so far. The problem right now is they need more depth. In 2009 they had 18 women.

Now they have basically 4 on Raw and 6 on Smackdown active.

Then on Raw you have 2 out injured, Dana Brooke who they don't trust, Alicia Fox who might be injured as well and Emma debuting soon.

On Smackdown Naomi is injured and Tamina is doing house show.

If they want they have about 5-7 women in NXT that can be called up.

Yeah, that's my bad. Edited my last post.
I love Summer and you're absolutely right that she would be doing nothing if she was healthy and active on the roster.

LOL it's too bad too Brooke has a great look alas....

That works too but you'd likely get groans of Bayley vs Sasha same old shit by Summerslam...

I don't really care that much as I enjoy all three women.

I edited in that I'd do a full on elimination match at Mania and just have Bayley eliminate them all...
If they hadn't fought last night, I think it would be fine. It really depends on how well the heel turn is done for Sasha. I mean, I'm pretty sure the reason they kept her face for so long was because they had their perfect heel in Charlotte.

Elimination would be cool but I don't see them doing it.

I love Summer and you're absolutely right that she would be doing nothing if she was healthy and active on the roster.

If they hadn't fought last night, I think it would be fine. It really depends on how well the heel turn is done for Sasha. I mean, I'm pretty sure the reason they kept her face for so long was because they had their perfect heel in Charlotte.

Elimination would be cool but I don't see them doing it.

Oh of course they won't... I never fantasy book with expectations... XD

I think the Sasha heel turn is gonna be great...

I just dunno what they're gonna do with so few faces... like Emma coming back can't be as a face right?

Maybe shift some of the division around on both show, draft/trades/whatever?

Kaladin

So NXT Takeover Orlando is looking like:

Dillinger vs Sanity (however they choose to do it)
DIY vs Revival vs Authors Of Pain
Asuka vs Ember Moon
Pete Dunn vs Tyler Bate
Nakamura vs Roode Rematch

Probably Bate/Dunn rematch

This would be my guess. I'm kind of wondering what they're plans are for them. Dunn, Wolfgang, Bate, Seven, and Andrews are the only people they're actually doing anything with after the tournament. I wonder if they're hesitant on going forward with a show after 205 lives shaky start

So NXT Takeover Orlando is looking like:

Dillinger vs Sanity (however they choose to do it)
DIY vs Revival vs Authors Of Pain
Asuka vs Ember Moon
Pete Dunn vs Tyler Bate
Nakamura vs Roode Rematch

They should give Ember a super Mania Anime entrance...

Ember Moon is the worst booked thing in all of WWE

Oh bring Asuka up to Raw there that solves the lack of faces after Sasha turns.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Saw 'Beavis and Butthead The Complete Collection' at the store. Read the back. 'The movie, and the finest episodes and music videos'

this is like some don west 'complete' shit

Kaladin

They should give Ember a super Mania Anime entrance...

Ember Moon is the worst booked thing in all of WWE

It's mostly because she's the best women's wrestler they have aside from Asuka. Nikki Cross is the only one that is close. The rest, she kinda has to slow down for.

Then on Raw you have 2 out injured, Dana Brooke who they don't trust, Alicia Fox who might be injured as well and Emma debuting soon.
Is Alicia injured? I just thought they were keeping her at the Cruiserweight's just because they didn't want to use her as a wrestler. The woman is a highlight every time she's on screen too with the craziness being played up.

I must say that Roman sold that chokeslam like a champ.
Brock and Roman are two people who when they properly sell are actually really good at it.

Oh of course they won't... I never fantasy book with expectations... XD

I think the Sasha heel turn is gonna be great...

I just dunno what they're gonna do with so few faces... like Emma coming back can't be as a face right?
The initial turn should be very good. I just worry for how they continue after it.

It's mostly because she's the best women's wrestler they have aside from Asuka. Nikki Cross is the only one that is close. The rest, she kinda has to slow down for.

Oh I know it's just that she might be the least charismatic talented wrestler in the company... I feel Nikki Cross is a better overall package.

Buuuuut bring Asuka up to Raw there that solves the lack of faces after Sasha turns.

Put the belt on Sasha maybe the Raw after Mania (give Bayley the Mania win) and then build to Asuka vs Sasha at Summerslam.

somedevil

Is Alicia injured? I just thought they were keeping her at the Cruiserweight's just because they didn't want to use her as a wrestler. The woman is a highlight every time she's on screen too with the craziness being played up.

Well I just base that off that she hasn't worked a house show match in a month.

edit: Here is NXT women that could be called up. Asuka, Nikki, Ember, Billie and Royce.

I do think Roman Reigns will be able to carry Taker to a good match...

Lol that match is going to be the first time I "cheer" for Roman since god The Shield really.

For two reasons:

1) He should win
2)The reaction to him winning would be the best freaking thing in the world

Just following Big E's example:
tumblr_o5a6qyf9Ew1ruymtyo2_400.gif
Lol wtf, AJ got turned on..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nak v Roode rematch?

well ok I guess, first match was much better than expected.

Kaladin

NXT Takeover : Orlando : The last night in NXT for Nakamura before debuting on the Raw after Mania or the first night in his 3rd NXT title run?

Foggy

People really wring their hands over intergender matches but in some ways they can best the best means of development and showcase of talent for a lot of female talent. When the high end talent pool is so shallow it can really hurt their growth and public perception. It's a large part of how Candice LaRae's stock has risen recently. Also, forcing Ember Moon to adopt a WWE personality doesn't help, but that's a company-wide problem.

These kinds of matches do nobody any favors

giphy.gif

Tall4Life

I hate Ember Moon purely because of her """""""""character""""""""""" or lack thereof. Like it's literally staring at you in the face, and yet she's just a happy to be here girl.

Kaladin

Ember Moon hasn't been given time to develop character. For whatever reason WWE is choosing to focus on the incredibly green duo of Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. These two along with Liv Morgan should still be in the performance center. Eva Marie wrestled better matches than those 3. Yet they're given screen time while Ember Moon isn't given time to develop and Nikki Cross has to use Sanity to develop her character.

Hasney

I don't care if I'm with the love of my life and I've never been happier, if they proposed to me at a wrestling show I would leave them without a second thought.

My friend on a other forum who was dying of cancer did it in the middle of the ring with his daughter. Jericho set it all up for him. It's why I can't hate the guy even when he defends a piece of shit like Demott.

Ember Moon hasn't been given time to develop character. For whatever reason WWE is choosing to focus on the incredibly green duo of Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. These two along with Liv Morgan should still be in the performance center. Eva Marie wrestled better matches than those 3. Yet they're given screen time while Ember Moon isn't given time to develop and Nikki Cross has to use Sanity to develop her character.

Ember Moon doesn't have a character and she's had plenty of time. I'm not really convinced she'll ever have one if they want to let her talk... like sorry she's got absolutely squat... they put her on the NXT Takeover Pre Show and she was embarrassing.

She might actually be the worst promo wrestler in the company period.

Royce and Kay are better talents overall imo because while Moon outclasses them in the ring (and you underrate Royce and Kay's in ring work, especially Royce's, neither are world killers but they're ok) they absolutely annihilate Moon in terms of character and mic work.

And Cross is just awesome

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Lol that match is going to be the first time I "cheer" for Roman since god The Shield really.

For two reasons:

1) He should win

I have no problem with Roman as a wrestler, even as a "wins all the time" wrestler.

But its dumb when the booking literally pretends the audience is stupid and that we're supposed to pretend they're actually cheering.

Ember Moon doesn't have a character and she's had plenty of time. I'm not really convinced she'll ever have one if they want to let her talk... like sorry she's got absolutely squat... they put her on the NXT Takeover Pre Show and she was embarrassing.

She might actually be the worst promo wrestler in the company period.

Royce and Kay are better talents overall imo because while Moon outclasses them in the ring (and you underrate Royce and Kay's in ring work, especially Royce's, neither are world killers but they're ok) they absolutely annihilate Moon in terms of character and mic work.

And Cross is just awesome

I like Nikki Cross a lot more than Ember Moon because Ember Moon is ridiculous. She came in to NXT and still does her entrance with this whole Werewolf/Warlock gimmick, but then she rips off her hood and SURPRISE! its Distaff Apollo Crews.

Cross is still working on how to find the right balance for her character, but she's at least onto something.

I have no problem with Roman as a wrestler, even as a "wins all the time" wrestler.

But its dumb when the booking literally pretends the audience is stupid and that we're supposed to pretend they're actually cheering.

I should say if the plan is to have him beat Taker and then try and keep him face after then they're idiots...

That said if they do keep him face whatever, I'm so beyond getting upset at Roman Reigns anymore, and I'll just enjoy the solid matches he puts on and the crowd shitting on him at every turn, it's entertaining.

I like Nikki Cross a lot more than Ember Moon because Ember Moon is ridiculous. She came in to NXT and still does her entrance with this whole Werewolf/Warlock gimmick, but then she rips off her hood and SURPRISE! its Distaff Apollo Crews.

Cross is still working on how to find the right balance for her character, but she's at least onto something.

Ha ha ha.... I kind want her to just go to Raw and beat all the horsewomen there and basically be female Roman Reigns... just to see how long having a cool finishers keeps the crowd from completely turning on her.... because that's all she has, a cool finisher.

Caderfix

For two reasons:

1) He should win

I'm all for old guys putting young talent over, but this case in specific is an exception.

If Taker loses and don't retire, that will take A LOT from his last match, and if he Retires after Roman, there won't be Taker vs Cena.

So losing to Roman now will either take away from the final moment or will make something fans have been wanting to see not happen.

I wish they went Cena vs Taker and then Reigns vs Taker...

Kaladin

If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of the current women on NXT aside from Asuka. Nikki Cross is the only bright spot and that is because she's running with the Sanity gimmick. The others pale in comparison to those that came before them. I can't stand the likes of Liv Morgan, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay and I'm probably leaving some names off at that level. It's just a shame that they went from developing four major talents and playing to their strengths while building their weaknesses to this.

Adree

I like Ember, Nikki Cross, and Billie + Peyton so fuck all ya'll. (Granted none of them are the total package yet and may never get there)

Top Bottom