• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

XYU2VB1.gif
AND I HOPE YOU NEVER GET TO SEE THEM!

Soooo why was she let go? Must not be too important if I don't remember.

I could've sworn it being that her figure was not quite befitting of the image WWE wanted for their divas but upon investigating this could well be tales from my arse and that she just bailed out after it was clear they weren't doing anything with her.
I may have got my wires crossed what with the Piggy James stuff possibly happening around the same time.

Watched the Taker segment from last night. Kind of shocking how over he still seems to be
I think Taker's lack of regular weekly appearance helps him out. Even Goldberg seems to be getting less and less of a pop now, probably because appearing every few weeks doesn't make it seem so special.

I could've sworn it being that her figure was not quite befitting of the image WWE wanted for their divas but upon investigating this could well be tales from my arse and that she just bailed out after it was clear they weren't doing anything with her.
I may have got my wires crossed what with the Piggy James stuff possibly happening around the same time.
Yeah, she asked for her release. Damn Owl.

Likely thinking of this: https://twitter.com/KarleeLeilani/status/489110477780549632
tumblr_inline_n94peqB3MJ1s11fsw.png

She said it wasn't why she was released:
tumblr_inline_n94pgw4ZcD1s11fsw.png

So you don't think it's important than this match is being centered around a nothing belt that's far beneath both guys? Feuding over garbage makes the feud garbage.

Although everyone knows that Owens vs Jericho should be the Mania main event, fighting for the US belt doesn't diminish the feud, like, at all. On the contrary, in my eyes, this title is arguably more important than the part timers belt.

Yep. You'll inevitably be crushed once you learn your idol is a piece of crap

The whole "you can't move saves off the system even though its a cartridge based system" is dumb as hell though.

Wait, really? REALLY? The saves stay in the console? What the fuck. Poor people that decided to buy 2 Switches for 'commodity'.

Watched the Taker segment from last night. Kind of shocking how over he still seems to be
Every time Taker has showed up recently it's been advertised appearances. I thought for sure Roman would call out Taker and we'd get a bumper for NEXT WEEK ON RAW

It's also kind of humorous, seeing as almost exactly one year ago in Chicago during the Mania build they teased Undertaker but it was actually Vince.

What about MMAksana?

Aksana-knee-drop-on-Naomi.gif
She broke Teddy Long's heart, how dare she! (and Golddust's for that matter)

Hey remember that time Teddy Long was going to get married to Krystal and there was no secret heel swerve for power or anything happening here so to drop it they just had Long have a heart attack to wipe their hands clean of that messy storyline?

Likely thinking of this: https://twitter.com/KarleeLeilani/status/489110477780549632
tumblr_inline_n94peqB3MJ1s11fsw.png

She said it wasn't why she was released:
tumblr_inline_n94pgw4ZcD1s11fsw.png
AH, I knew I wasn't completely crazy, I mean I was still wrong but that's something at least.

That's why I tell you all to stop listening to mr things could change.
Beef was right all along

Hey remember that time Teddy Long was going to get married to Krystal and there was no secret heel swerve for power or anything happening here so to drop it they just had Long have a heart attack to wipe their hands clean of that messy storyline?
Am I wrong in remembering this or did that story end up to go sideways because it became pretty big knowledge she was with Lashley since she'd be at Raw always hanging around him when she was all set to marry Teddy?

There were plans according to Teddy for Krystal and Vickie to take over SD while he had the heart attack and was kayfabe off screen.

AH, I knew I wasn't completely crazy, I mean I was still wrong but that's something at least.

Beef was right all along

Am I wrong in remembering this or did that story end up to go sideways because it became pretty big knowledge she was with Lashley since she'd be at Raw always hanging around him when she was all set to marry Teddy?

There were plans according to Teddy for Krystal and Vickie to take over SD while he had the heart attack and was kayfabe off screen.
I can't remember exactly but wasn't this around the time Booby got injured? Then I think Krystal actually didn't want to do the storyline because it was supposed to eventually lead to her being in a relationship with Edge. Then she left or something like that.

I want NXT redemption on the network just so I can finally see how many episodes it ran for, that shit just kept on going with no direction.
I mainly remember it as the wacky adventures of Johnny "Fandango" Curtis and Maxine.

And now I just remembered the terrible reason WWE dropped Maxine, urgh.

They had all of gameshow NXT up on YouTube before they removed it a bit ago. I made it about halfway through Redemption before they got rid of it. I think it went on for 67 episodes somehow. Season 3 was a personal favorite of mine, with Michael Cole just trashing on everyone involved.

EDIT: Not having early developmental NXT on the network is the weirdest thing. They used to have pretty much all of it on Hulu, but they got rid of it there too. So now people have no way to see stuff like Rollins winning the belt for the first time or Ohno's first run.

Season 3 Cole was something special
THE OCTOPUS THE OCTOPUS THE OCTOPUS

That would make more sense, the angles conclusion puzzled me for the longest time as to why they even bothered with it.

Why did Braun run away from Taker?

Squash this mothefucker, Big Dog.

Respect maybe? It felt to me like Taker saying Reigns is mine and Strowman showing respect to his elder Big Man.

If you listen to Bleacher Report (Don't listen to Bleacher Report) it's because it's totally going to tease a three way yo.

Speaking of silly heart attack storylines involving old geezers, remember Al Wilson? You've gotta admire that when WWE go tasteless they go ALL IN.

Season 3 Cole was something special
THE OCTOPUS THE OCTOPUS THE OCTOPUS

Seriously. He ended episode 2 or 3 by wailing on a gong at ringside and saying everyone on the show was terrible, and it just went downhill from there. The episode of season 3 with Punk on commentary is a national treasure

Sephzilla

Think about it, you're calling out a fly to swat down in Roman Reigns, and the fucking Undertaker answers your call. And to boot it's Wrestlemania season. Braun didn't want none of that. He wanted a fly.

Yeah, Braun did something that triggered the goddamn final boss of WrestleMania to show up. At that point you just quit, restart, and hope you get better RNG next time.

Speaking of silly heart attack storylines involving old geezers, remember Al Wilson? You've gotta admire that when WWE go tasteless they go ALL IN.
HER REAL DADDY

Seriously. He ended episode 2 or 3 by wailing on a gong at ringside and saying everyone on the show was terrible, and it just went downhill from there. The episode of season 3 with Punk on commentary is a national treasure
YOU SHOULD BE GONGED YOU ALL SHOULD BE GONGED!

I've been watching the build to last years Mania for comparisons sake, and this years is miles better. I have an issue with Goldberg mostly because I'm not super cool with all this build going in to someone that can't wrestle a match, and I think the Raw women's story line is kind of a mess, (I like everyone involved in this one though, so I can overlook that) but otherwise I'm liking most of what's going on. I'm really liking the Smackdown side as of now.

Their roster is thin right now unless you want Dana and Nia instead of Sasha and Charlotte. Hopefully after Mania they segue into adding Emma and Summer Rae (assuming she's healed) back in or shift the women's rosters around via trades or something.

They are also likely to still add Nia to the mix (not that that makes it any better)

Like ultimately I actually feel like the title hot potatoing and then fights between these three being a toss up on who wins works because these three are the creme of the crop, 3 of the 4 horsewomen, they should be capable of beating each other on any given night.

The three of them facing off all at the same time at Mania seems like a logical progression of the story. I mean in the end the matches are good and so will this one so you can either be upset that you're gonna get a good match between people you've seen a lot of or you can just go with it and enjoy what is going to be a good match.

Like don't get me wrong I get the concern but there's nothing else they have right now, Bayley vs Nia? No thanks. Bayley vs Dana Brooke? Please...

I think the matches have been OK, which is my bigger issue. They can have a lot of trouble pulling 1v1 matches and now you're having it be 1v1v1 which is going to just be even more sloppy. I know people adore Bayley and Sasha but I think they have a ton of work to go in the ring. I just think in general the brand split hurt the Woman's division the most. It really exposed all the greeness of the division.

I want to see this division get better in terms of wrestling, but i just feel like it's treading water and another Bayley vs Sasha vs Charolette 3-way is not going to help it much IMO.

I think the matches have been OK, which is my bigger issue. They can have a lot of trouble pulling 1v1 matches and now you're having it be 1v1v1 which is going to just be even more sloppy. I know people adore Bayley and Sasha but I think they have a ton of work to go in the ring. I just think in general the brand split hurt the Woman's division the most. It really exposed all the greeness of the division.

I want to see this division get better in terms of wrestling, but i just feel like it's treading water and another Bayley vs Sasha vs Charolette 3-way is not going to help it much IMO.

I mean there hasn't to my knowledge been a Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley three way...

Brand split is weird because without it the Smackdown women would be fucked but without it the 4 horsewomen might be in a better shape overall.

And some of the matches have definitely been good: the ironman match was good, the falls count anywhere match was good, the HIAC match was solid, I liked the match at the Rumble, Bayley's title win match was pretty good, Sasha's first title win was also good.

I hope they update Teddy's HoF video to include that Oscar worthy performance.

I've been watching the build to last years Mania for comparisons sake, and this years is miles better. I have an issue with Goldberg mostly because I'm not super cool with all this build going in to someone that can't wrestle a match, and I think the Raw women's story line is kind of a mess, (I like everyone involved in this one though, so I can overlook that) but otherwise I'm liking most of what's going on. I'm really liking the Smackdown side as of now.

As I've said before, while mania doesn't exactly have a card that makes me think "this is gonna be great!" it at least has a clear commitment to the plans set in advance and as a result you've got stories that have suitable build and that helps a lot.
When Bray vs Orton was a PPV match a few months ago I barely cared, now it's a WM title match and I'm completely up for it.

My WWE logic has always been that the weekly shows should be primarily for plot progression, PPVs are for the matches, it feels like they've only recently gone back to this logic in a way beyond feuds that existed because "me want title match!".

Top Bottom