• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Ryback's obsession with CM Punk still is like an ex who hasn't gotten over their old boyfriend/girlfriend dumping them so they bring them up at every single opportunity to talk about how they hated them and lie about how they were the ones who actually left them in the first place.

His kid is due next month I think. I really fucking hope that seeing his daughter gives Bryan the sense to stay the fuck away from wrestling ever again.

*Bryan voice* I can't wait to wrestle again! Here we go!

*Five seconds later*

17306%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20gif%20neck_brace%20wwe.gif

His kid is due next month I think. I really fucking hope that seeing his daughter gives Bryan the sense to stay the fuck away from wrestling ever again.

Really don't recommend reading his book if you haven't yet. It makes stuff worse, knowing that even at the time he wrote it it ends with him feeling bad about missing spending time with his dad to wrestle and wishing to go back and to change it, but the feeling being temporary

Even after all this time and all the pain he still just wants to go and wrestle. I really do believe he knows there's a chance something fatally bad could happen in-ring and he's okay with it, he's said almost as much outright publicly. Can't imagine anything will be able to convince him

There's two ways the story ends, and one option isn't even being considered

Ryback's obsession with CM Punk still is like an ex who hasn't gotten over their old boyfriend/girlfriend dumping them so they bring them up at every single opportunity to talk about how they hated them and lie about how they were the ones who actually left them in the first place.

Or the "hey, my kid's never seen me wrestle, so I need to get back in the ring to show what I did to her" rationalization.

maRO8.gif

If some outlaw promotion decides to book Bryan for a show so they can get a quick boost in ticket sales, well they can go and fuck themselves.

maybe its all a work for next year's mania preshow match

Phill Brooks vs The Silverback

hahahaha come on

If Punk ever comes back he's getting an upper position in Mania. He knows the shtick and it's confirmed more and more every year. Look at Goldberg, 13 years away and he's higher up on their card than he was when he left

klonere

Banned
Bryan is like Onita, Angle, Tanahashi, Ibushi or Ospreay. All guys at different stages of their career but just need to be able to do wrestle all the time, no matter where or how. Doing all their same shtick despite needing to have slown down years ago.

Look at how Tana moves around the ring - his back is incredibly fucked up. Angle has no knees and insisted on moonsaulting from cages. Onita works on broken limbs. Ibushi can't stand up properly because of his neck. Ospreay is on track to join that class. Bryan won't die in the ring but he will destroy his body without a second thought.

Sephzilla

hahahaha come on

If Punk ever comes back he's getting an upper position in Mania. He knows the shtick and it's confirmed more and more every year. Look at Goldberg, 13 years away and he's higher up on their card than he was when he left

Goldberg doesn't have a beef with HHH and Steph though.

If some outlaw promotion decides to book Bryan for a show so they can get a quick boost in ticket sales, well they can go and fuck themselves.

Rizin Fighting Federation, Bryan Danielson vs. a juiced to the gills CroCop, followed by a match against Gabi Garcia.

Book it, Yakuza!

Goldberg doesn't have a beef with HHH and Steph though.

That's why I strongly feel the only chance Punk ever comes back is with Vince around. I don't think it happens, but the window of opportunity is shrinking and surely even the people who do believe he comes back have to realize that

Bryan isn't this glass cannon people think he is.

Really?

Cause I seem to remember him having major injuries mere months/month after Mania twice in a row causing him to have to vacate a title and leave for a year basically ... the second time coming back to retire.

klonere

Banned
Never said they were, although they will go down in my estimation if they sign him

NJPW has Tana, Tenzan, Nakanishi all working regular featured matches. I have zero doubt they would sign DBry if he wanted to wrestle again. It's Japan.

Ultimo Dragon still works AJPW and one of his arms more or less doesn't work! Onita...Onita...Onita exists.

Byran was posting all those videos of him training jiu jitsu a while back....

x62KKDT.png

Bryan Danielson vs. Gabi Garcia, freak show intergender MMA match. It's not Garcia can strike anyway, so Bryan doesn't have to worry about that in the fight.

Bryan vs. CroCop or Fedor could see Bryan die on his feet though.

Pikma

Banned
Bryan isn't this glass cannon people think he is.
Oooh look our resident workrate obsessed guy is dismissing the seriousness of having concussion induced seizures just because he wants to see the workrate obsessed performer wrestle again

Color me surprised!

I'm in no way surprised.

klonere

Banned
Are they as bad as Bryan though? Have they got lesions on the brain?

They've all been dumped on their heads, taken soccer kicks to the skull, stiff slaps and elbows to that area. I have no doubt they've got concussion issues among many many others.

For god sake you've got guys like Ishii and Shibata going out there doing SHOOT HEADBUTTS every few matches, how can you not get CTE related symptoms from that.

Bryan Danielson vs. Gabi Garcia, freak show intergender MMA match. It's not Garcia can strike anyway, so Bryan doesn't have to worry about that in the fight.

Bryan vs. CroCop or Fedor could see Bryan die on his feet though.

Don't you believe in Bryan's ability to be the American Sakuraba? Maybe I should pitch this to a Yazuka dude so the right money can end up in the right Russian MMA fighters hands so the right finish can go down.

They've all been dumped on their heads, taken soccer kicks to the skull, stiff slaps and elbows to that area. I have no doubt they've got concussion issues among many many others.

For god sake you've got guys like Ishii and Shibata going out there doing SHOOT HEADBUTTS every few matches, how can you not get CTE related symptoms from that.
Well personally as much as I like Shibata I wish he'd slow down.

And I think there's a difference between one of your wrestlers working hurt and going out of your way to hire a wrestler who your competitor won't let be in the ring due to injury.

jmdajr

I am hoping once the kid is born, Daniel will think things more clearly.

The again.

"I want my kids to watch me wrestle!"

Kaladin

Advertising for the 4/14 WWE Raw event at The Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island, the first Live Event after WrestleMania, features:

*Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
*Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman
*Raw Tag Team championship: New Day vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Gallows & Anderson
*Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe
*WWE Raw Women's champ Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair & Nia Jax
*Finn Balor vs. Rusev (with Lana)
*Big Show vs. Jinder Mahal
*Rich Swann vs. WWE Cruiserweight champ Neville.

Heroman

Banned
Oooh look our resident workrate obsessed guy is dismissing the seriousness of having concussion induced seizures just because he wants to see the workrate obsessed performer wrestle again

Color me surprised!

I'm in no way surprised.
This is pro wrestling half the people on the WWE roster probably shouldn't be Wrestling, I mean undertaker is still wreslting and when compared to DB he really really shouldn't be.

Zach

Just let Daniel Bryanson do what he do. Sounds like he's been given all the medical advice in the world. If he still chooses to risk it, and his loved ones suffer for his sins, so be it.

So be it!!

klonere

Banned
Well personally as much as I like Shibata I wish he'd slow down.

And I think there's a difference between one of your wrestlers working hurt and going out of your way to hire a wrestler who your competitor won't let be in the ring due to injury.

I agree it'd look pretty bad for the American fan but I have little doubts they'd do it and there are more assuredly far more banged up people working right now in Japanese promotions.

Advertising for the 4/14 WWE Raw event at The Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island, the first Live Event after WrestleMania, features:

*Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
*Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman
*Raw Tag Team championship: New Day vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Gallows & Anderson
*Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe
*WWE Raw Women's champ Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair & Nia Jax
*Finn Balor vs. Rusev (with Lana)
*Big Show vs. Jinder Mahal
*Rich Swann vs. WWE Cruiserweight champ Neville.
This is a really repetitive card outside of one or two exceptions.

Top Bottom