• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Tom Nook

Advertising for the 4/14 WWE Raw event at The Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island, the first Live Event after WrestleMania, features:

*Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
*Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman
*Raw Tag Team championship: New Day vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Gallows & Anderson
*Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe
*WWE Raw Women's champ Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair & Nia Jax
*Finn Balor vs. Rusev (with Lana)
*Big Show vs. Jinder Mahal
*Rich Swann vs. WWE Cruiserweight champ Neville.

That's a good card.
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens and Finn's return
is worth it.

Oooh look our resident workrate obsessed guy is dismissing the seriousness of having concussion induced seizures just because he wants to see the workrate obsessed performer wrestle again

Color me surprised!

I'm in no way surprised.

A story in 3 gifs:
daniel-bryan-3.gif

extremerules12.gif

18670%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20brie_bella%20crying%20gif%20wwe.gif

miserable

honestly I can't wait for Bryan's contract to end, just so he can do a shoot interview and expose the WWE's doctors for not clearing him while several others did.

I'll take the word of anybody else before this company's where the priority is to not have bad publicity

Caderfix

Bryan isn't Vegan anymore, is he? Maybe that was the issue, now that he is powered by steak he can take on Brock in a shoot fight.

honestly I can't wait for Bryan's contract to end, just so he can do a shoot interview and expose the WWE's doctors for not clearing him while several others did.

I'll take the word of anybody else before this company's where the priority is to not have bad publicity

How can you allign everything CM Punk said about the doctors with everything Bryan is claiming?

gun_haver

I normally don't like to complain, but after last year's very disappointing Wrestlemania (i've only been watching since WM30), I'm starting to think, looking at this -
- that Wrestlemania miiiiiight end up being a load of bullshit this year too. That poster is comically lopsided in favour of people who wrestle so little that it's disingenuous to describe them as wrestlers.

Also uh, look at Bray smiling into at the sky like he's in a sunny delight advert.

klonere

Banned
WRESTLEMANIA IS NOT FOR YOU

DO NOT BE SURPRISED WHEN OLD MEN WHO ARE ABSENT 95% OF THE YEAR ON ON THE FRONT OF POSTER

ITS FOR MEMBERBERRIES AND SEVERE MONEY MARKS LIKE DAN RYCKERT

DON'T BE MAD, JUST LET IT HAPPEN.

I normally don't like to complain, but after last year's very disappointing Wrestlemania (i've only been watching since WM30), I'm starting to think, looking at this -

- that Wrestlemania miiiiiight end up being a load of bullshit this year too. That poster is comically lopsided in favour of people who wrestle so little that it's disingenuous to describe them as wrestlers.

Also uh, look at Bray smiling into at the sky like he's in a sunny delight advert.

If we judged the potential quality of a PPV based on the quality of the poster... shit almost all PPVs would be judged to likely suck

"OMG DUDE GOLDBERG IS GOING TO BE AT MANIA WE HAVE TO GO"

"Dude have you seen the new wrestlemania poster? Who is this ko guy on the front? I'm glad we stopped watching this stuff a long time ago. It used to be better. "

No Becky seems weird both for the fact she's like the top woman star on Smackdown and also because she had one of the two only good Wrestlemania matches last year.

Sephzilla

Six of the most prevalent people on that poster are part timers. Meanwhile KO and AJ Styles, very recent former champions with long reigns, are super downplayed and even the reigning WWE Champ is downplayed

Tom Nook

With the roller coaster in the back, it would be an interesting photo if all the wrestlers were riding on one like those funny splash mountain pictures.

jmdajr

It's going to werid when WWE runs out of old guys.

Cena/Orton/Brock will be 50 in tens years. So they are never going to run out as long as the company exists.

Yeah Attitude Era/WCW era old dudes, that's a problem. Maybe they can still wheel out Shawn and Austin one last time.

edit: A lot can change...and not change... in 5 years.

xb9l3x4856ky.png

wwe_wrestlemania_28_2nd_poster_by_abatista93_by_ahmedbatista1993-d4t6bki.png

gun_haver

Have you enjoyed the build of the several long term stories thus far?

sure i have! well, i mean, two of them anyway!

i guess looking at that poster i forgot for a minute that i have been enjoying wyatt/orton and jericho/KO - although i'm less curious to see the latter wrestle, just cos jericho is only fine in the ring these days to me and KO while good has yet to make me sit up and think 'wow that was a good match'.

apart from that there are a lot of wrestlers who will be on the card i like to watch but i don't think much of the storylines going on for them. but two good stories isn't bad for one show.

last year, WM just really bummed me out. i was pretty excited for it and it just turned out to be horseshit all night long pretty much. so i suppose my expectations are fairly low and that's a better way to go in, most likely.

I'm more annoyed with the terrible airbrushing

DO NOT BE SURPRISED WHEN OLD MEN WHO ARE ABSENT 95% OF THE YEAR ON ON THE FRONT OF POSTER

ITS FOR MEMBERBERRIES AND SEVERE MONEY MARKS LIKE DAN RYCKERT

DON'T BE MAD, JUST LET IT HAPPEN.

Hey, don't mess with the soul of Giant Bomb.

OwensIsMark, wtf?

Top Bottom