• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Zach

C6hHgDtVAAAjBng

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BREAKING NEWS: Zach has "heat in the back" for disrespecting one of the elder statesman of the thread. He's in the doghouse and possibly on his way to being future endeavored. Expect him to show up in Atlanta sometime after Mania.

Imagine if many of you go to the G1 Specials.

I am sure the GWF wrestling paranoia will set in and you'll all be worried about random strangers shoot rolling you up.

painey

Page 183. You know what that means.

Actually, we kinda do now.

Luke Harper: “So today is Thursday, and if I was to say to you ‘you know what that means,’ what would you say?"
Fox Sports: “I’m not sure… that there’s 24 days until WrestleMania?”
Luke Harper: “OK, well there’s your answer. It means something very specific to me that people may never know, but when I write that and you say what you just said, you get yourself your answer. That’s what it means to you.”

I bet Renee sits there wishing she had stuff to shoot on, wants to join in on the fun.

One day she's gonna slam her fists down on the table while everyone else is shooting and randomly shout AMBROSE HAS NEVER GIVEN ME AN ORGASM!

I laughed out loud at this and then did so again for a solid minute as the image of it happening formed in my head.

Even outside of that and I tried to bring up Stardom multiple times here,I think even if Kairi Hojo and Io Shirai go to WWE, people will not even know who they are seeing.

It is like Nakamura and AJ said they didn't know if they would get a warm reception or not, when it seemed obvious to everyone on the outside they would. I don't think many people follow Stardom or joshi scene and will know them. At all.

I dont mean this in a "i liked them before they were cool" way or any shit like that. To be clear. I mean more I worry they will struggle get over at NXT becauss they arent a joke wrestler like No Way Jose or widely established elsewhere but I hope I am wrong.

Asuka was known even less known outside Japan and a few Shimmer stints here and I think she's done fine, give them a platform to get over with some great matches and solid booking and they'll be just fine. The Women's Tournament seems to be the perfect place to showcase them and I'm starting to hope Asuka's call up doesn't take place until the (assumed) next draft since that could be held off until after Summerslam.

Awful con game that is SGK aside, give Austin a hat instead but would a 2017 Steve Austin who wouldn't have the life experiences of the real one even have the same backbone to not put up with bullshit or would he just be another "yes sir" mark turned wrestler who is too intimidated by the people in charge to rock the boat?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats this Woman Tournament? Another specialty joint like the CW Tournament or UK thing?

I laughed out loud at this and then did so again for a solid minute as the image of it happening formed in my head.

Asuka was known even less known outside Japan and a few Shimmer stints here and I think she's done fine, give them a platform to get over with some great matches and solid booking and they'll be just fine. The Women's Tournament seems to be the perfect place to showcase them and I'm starting to hope Asuka's call up doesn't take place until the (assumed) next draft since that could be held off until after Summerslam.

Awful con game that is SGK aside, give Austin a hat instead but would a 2017 Steve Austin who wouldn't have the life experiences of the real one even have the same backbone to not put up with bullshit or would he just be another "yes sir" mark turned wrestler who is too intimidated by the people in charge to rock the boat?

2017 Austin would have been brought up in NXT/FCW under the developmental wing of the WWE and would have had any semblance or ounce of creativity beaten out of him in favor of robotic, over-rehearsed bullshit that permeates the roster these days.

I actually wonder how long he would have lasted if he didn't have the neck injury.

You can bet your ass he'd be called up for random Mania matches that's for sure.

If it wasn't his neck it would've been his knees which were also in terrible shape, Austin days as an active wrestler were pretty much done either way.

Whats this Woman Tournament? Another specialty joint like the CW Tournament or UK thing?

Yeah, it's supposed to be in the vein of those, I think the original plan was for it to happen around this time but it got pushed back in favor of the UK Tournament which was probably for the best.

Tagyhag

Limp Bizkit and Korn

In any year

If it wasn't his neck it would've been his knees which were also in terrible shape, Austin days as an active wrestler were pretty much done either way.

Right, for some reason I forget about his braces even though he wore them all the time.

Top Bottom