• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

LMAO FUCK YOU GUYS @EdNordholm @RealJeffJarrett @IMPACTWRESTLING

giphy.gif

Pikma

Banned
Shane B. McMahon is the son of Vincent McMahon, brother of Stephanie McMahon and brother-in-law of Paul Levesque. In 2016, Shane McMahon returned as a performer for the Company for which he received performance fees and royalties aggregating approximately $2.15 million

So I pretty much just binged the CWC most of today. A lot of fun to watch, although soured a wee bit by Perkins being the winner (although I knew that in advance, obviously)

Pikma

Banned
I used to scoff at the idea of Steph getting paid as a 'performer' as well but she's a better talker than all the women bar Charlotte and maybe Bliss.
She's been doing it for 20 years, it'd be kinda pathetic if this wasn't the case

So I pretty much just binged the CWC most of today. A lot of fun to watch, although soured a wee bit by Perkins being the winner (although I knew that in advance, obviously)

Well it should make you feel better that WWE just settled with Perkins. Except for some people here were legitimately cheering and liking him.

Gabe seems to have confirmed Dunne for the WWN Supershow, on FloSlam

The who can work where diagram just got even more confusing

Also Haskins confirmed for Supershow as well

Kaladin

Gabe seems to have confirmed Dunne for the WWN Supershow, on FloSlam

The who can work where diagram just got even more confusing

Also Haskins confirmed for Supershow as well

Well, you knew they'd be able to work with Gabe. He's good with WWE. If any indie makes it onto the WWE Network, it will be WWN first, IMO.

Kaladin

WWE has partnered with some company called HOMAGE and is doing more vintage shirts with them

W13043.jpg

W13044.jpg

W13041.jpg

W13042.jpg

Whenever they get a good deal on these, as now they're $32, more than a normal shirt, that Horseman shirt is mine.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Uuuuuuh the Doctor of Thuganomics is in no way Kids Choice Awards friendly.
My mark-ass is really about to tune into the KCA to see this

WWE has partnered with some company called HOMAGE and is doing more vintage shirts with them

W13043.jpg

W13044.jpg

W13041.jpg

W13042.jpg

Whenever they get a good deal on these, as now they're $32, more than a normal shirt, that Horseman shirt is mine.

Eh, I'm a bit more forgiving on shirt prices these since I keep blowing OBEY & Thrasher shirts for $35. The 4 Horseman shirt is DOPE though.

Speaking of which, I found a old Nitro shirt at a thrift shop near my campus today. It's big as hell on me, but it fits the whole vintage streetwear aesthetic I've been aiming for lately.

Pikma

Banned
Impact Wrestling sent Matt and Jeff Hardy (and perhaps others) a 3* page cease and desist letter today, demanding they immediately stop all utilization of the "Broken" characters, PWInsider.com has confimed. We are told that Impact is claiming that that intellectual property of the characters and anything related to them would fall under the ownership of the company, not Matt and Jeff Hardy, and that as of today, the Hardys are not to use anything related to the "Broken" universe going forward.

The letter being sent is what sparked Rebecca Hardy's rant on Twitter earlier this afternoon.

Anthem's Ed Nordholm took to Twitter today, writing, "We thank @matthardybrand for a superb performance in Broken Universe. May the seven deities guide with their Broken Brilliance left behind. @MATTHARDYBRAND Broken Universe will always be here. Kudos to the creative team behind the vision @JeremyBorash @paradysexoxo @Lagana @Billy"

The Tweets seem to take the credit for the "Broken" material away from Matt Hardy, who had an incredible amount of creative control and say over it, and places the creative credit specifically upon current and former Impact creative and production staffers, giving the impression that the material was created by Impact, not Hardy.

Impact Wrestling is claiming that any new, original intellectual property created by the Hardys while they were under contract to the company would be owned by Impact and cannot be used outside of their auspices. Where the intellectual property begins and ends would certainly be up for debate, although the "Delete!" and "Obsolete" chants, as well as costuming and references to Seven Deities, Broken Brilliance, and perhaps even the dilapidated boat, could all claimed by Impact as their property. It's also a weird situation in that Impact are going to have to argue and prove that "Broken Matt Hardy" is their IP, whereas Matt Hardy is not. It gets even weirder if they are claiming to own "Brother Nero Hardy" when Nero is Jeff Hardy's actual middle name.

Matt Hardy filed for a trademark on the Broken Matt Hardy character himself on 3/1, right after his Impact contract expired.

Based on Rebecca Hardy's comments, it would appear the legal threat from Impact Wrestling would include her father, who portrayed Senor Benjamin despite not being signed or paid by TNA. One would assume it would then include Rebecca's persona as "Queen Rebecca" and possibly even Matt and Rebecca's son, who appeared as "King Maxel." Rebecca Hardy wrote that her father was never signed or paid by Impact Wrestling, which, if that is the case, makes Impact look like the worst kind of bullies for even targeting somone who performed for the company for free.

That Ed Nordholm tweet is AAA level of passive aggressiveness, fuck these scumbags

gun_haver

what use does TNA have for the broken gimmick if the hardy's will never work with them again? do they think they can still make money off of it somehow? if they tried to give it to another wrestler, nobody would buy it, it'd make them look even worse than they do now. do they want to sell merch related to it? who's gonna buy that?

if they are trying to sell a reset of their impact show, shouldn't they be trying to portray to the fans that this is a fresh start rather than making the most talked about thing related to them being how they are being litigious assholes towards former employees?

i don't watch TNA or give them any money, but you never know - except now when i think of tna i think 'those are the idiots who are trying to screw the hardys'.

reby's tweets are pretty gutter level drama, she seems annoying, but she's probably right anyway.

yeah they really are carnies.

what use does TNA have for the broken gimmick if the hardy's will never work with them again? do they think they can still make money off of it somehow? if they tried to give it to another wrestler, nobody would buy it, it'd make them look even worse than they do now. do they want to sell merch related to it? who's gonna buy that?

It's just to try to fuck over the Hardys. When the options in wrestling are "they're doing something convoluted that might in some universe work somewhat" or "they're trying to fuck over someone for the pettiest reasons", don't ever overthink it by assuming it's option 1

They told the Hardys to go to WWE or ROH if they wanted creative control, then got pissed when they called the bluff

holy shit no wonder he missed. Jesus look how far Angle is from the corner that's like what more than halfway across the ring... and Lesnar still came close... what a fucking freak of nature.

Just read on Wikipedia this was apparently not planned. Lesnar was supposed to pin Angle, but instead went up for the shooting star.

Top Bottom