• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Ospreay best wrestler. Having a nuts flippy shit tag match with 2 no name trainees right now, he just took a double underhook Canadian Destroyer

Sephzilla

FYwyhBX.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
the person talking at the end sounds a lot like KO. But regardless, not a good thing to be attached to

If it is him, that's pretty bad. That said, the twitter guy who posted it insists its a shoot, which seems very unlikely to me.

At worst, the only conclusion I can draw is that he was involved in some very questionable angles in the indies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Definitely does not appear to be a shoot.

Just an absolutely fucking awful and offensive attempt to get heat.

If its him, I'm not even vaguely surprised that there are absurdly stupid offensive angles on the indies to get heat. That said, I don't think Steen has some kind of history of casual racism the way Hulk Hogan does, so I think he should get the benefit of the doubt.

Zach

If it is him, that's pretty bad. That said, the twitter guy who posted it insists its a shoot, which seems very unlikely to me.

At worst, the only conclusion I can draw is that he was involved in some very questionable angles in the indies.

Hiding behind "it's wrestling"/"it's the indies"/"it was [black guy's] idea" wouldn't make him any less of a piece of traaash for participating. I'm sure he has lines he will not cross. This is a line that shouldn't be crossed by any decent person.

Angry Grimace

Hiding behind "it's wrestling"/"it's the indies"/"it was [black guy's] idea" wouldn't make him any less of a piece of traaash for participating. I'm sure he has lines he will not cross. This is a line that shouldn't be crossed by any decent person.

It's not "hiding" to say wrestling isn't real. Because it isn't. I'm not saying it isn't bad optics, because it is. But I don't think its fair to draw the conclusion that someone's shitty in-character rant in some high school gym from 10 years ago is a fair way to judge someone's real life character.

Zach

It's not "hiding" to say wrestling isn't real. Because it isn't. I'm not saying it isn't a bad optics, because it is. I don't think its fair to draw the conclusion that someone's shitty in-character rant in some high school gym from 10 years ago is a fair way to judge someone's real life character.

I don't care about optics. I care about people being decent. He had his big boy pants on 10 years ago and should answer for his actions accordingly.

I watched the entire Fastlane Pay Per View. I don't have anything bad to say. They put the championship on Bill Goldberg and I don't think he has wrestled that long since he has been there and I don't think he has to. He looks physically very impressive, but you can just tell he is an older human being, and anybody who tries to deny that is being ridiculous. I think he has done a phenomenal job in being Goldberg still to the best of his abilities, and surely they have done a good job with him. I'm happy for him and all that going on, but part of me still looks at that and is like, come on guys, is part of this because I left? Why wasn't he brought in when I was there for the last 5 years when that was the match that would have made absolute sense? I'm raising that point because I left and I really think it's all a game. I look and part of me believes it is because McMahon brought him in in spite of me. The marks who disagree just don't get it, but I'm bringing up a point, raising a question. Just like when I wrote the blog just when I left WWE about equal pay, not stating, but yet people will read it and say that he is demanding equal pay for all wrestlers, but I never said that, I had a clear question mark after raising a question and to have a conversation, but when you are dealing with a bunch of idiots that is what happens. I don't think they are going to put a lot of time in their match—from a bell to bell physical standpoint, I don't see that being the case. If they would have done it, they would have done so with Kevin Owens. There will be some shenanigans to switch that title over back to Brock Lesnar.
I love post-WWE Ryback. He's just so out there.

Wow.

Kaladin

The wrestlers, even Human Tornado and El Generico are working the angle.....none of them took offense to it, but that doesn't mean that it's a part of who they are.

What you should take offense to, if anything is PWG running with that kind of racist talk in an angle. I know that is dirt old and PWG is more respectful now, but this is something I will think about before buying anything else from them.

Cody is stupidly over,and i say that as a relative fan. They also seemed to have stopped giving fucks and are calling him Rhodes.

Surprise Matt Riddle! With the PROGRESS belt!

klonere

Banned
I enjoyed his heel turn at ROH a lot, and his Wrestle Kingdom match. A lot of Twitter 180s from people who were at wXw this weekend as well. I think the expectations were too high, and he needd settling in time.

His stuff with The Elite in NJPW is a lot of fun. Probably my favorite portion of his run so far.

That entire moment was built around a face beating the cheating Charlotte and becoming the new WWE Women's Champion, complete with Sasha Banks even coming out in full Eddie Guerrero tribute mode, instead Charlotte wins and technically retains her championship. As much as I like Charlotte, she shouldn't have won that match. At some point years ago Vince forgot that WrestleMania is supposed to be the big storyline payoff spot.
I think Meltzer said something that Sasha was originally going to win when the match was one on one with her vs Charlotte but then Becky got too over for them to ignore her (since her feud with Charlotte was the first time since the Diva's Revolution started that the storyline was well received by fans and made a lot more sense then the prior ones) so they had to push Sasha's big win until later and make it a triple threat.

Angry Grimace

Becky was probably intended to be the cute sidekick forever until her angle with Charlotte got over for being (shock) sensibly booked and not outright intelligence insulting (until the Ric stuff at RR, of course). I think around WM32 is when they decided they wanted to build a brand division around her.

time for me to post this every time someone says hes great like certain people do here for aj

I don't actually know the full story on AJ Styles beyond the fact he used to call people "faggots" as promo material. That's definitely a horrible look, but I don't actually know how he personally feels about it. I certainly know where Brock Lesnar stands.

Fox318

Almost all of the tension in the WWF locker room that caused Bret to leave and make the work environment near impossible for talent to rise up was because of HBK and HHH banding together. HBK refusing to job and coming in as junkie every week must have made the workplace fucking impossible to manage.

It HBK is around in 1998-2001 Rock would have never gotten a push.

klonere

Banned
Almost all of the tension in the WWF locker room that caused Bret to leave and make the work environment near impossible for talent to rise up was because of HBK and HHH banding together. HBK refusing to job and coming in as junkie every week must have made the workplace fucking impossible to manage.

It HBK is around in 1998-2001 Rock would have never gotten a push.

But he did the job for Austin, probably the most important job in company history.

Top Bottom