• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

I don't think it would fuck it up, especially if HHH goes over.

I think the problem is the fact that I don't know if they're willing to come to terms with the fact that they can't get the satisfying conclusion to this that they're looking for at WrestleMania without just doing a super safe match that doesn't do much for anyone involved.

I mean it's even worse if HHH goes over at Mania cause Mania > Summerslam or any other PPV in a long term story.

Did anyone care that Orton won the title from HHH a month after Mania 25? Not really damage was done.

Be different if this story was just starting at Mania

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean it's even worse if HHH goes over at Mania cause Mania > Summerslam or any other PPV in a long term story.

Did anyone care that Orton won the title from HHH a month after Mania 25? Not really damage was done.

Be different if this story was just starting at Mania

It's not that I don't get why its less than ideal, its that I think its physically impossible for this to have a satisfying conclusion at WrestleMania. As it stands right now, its a severely gimped version of Bryan/HHH at 30.

MG310

It's not that I don't get why its less than ideal, its that I think its physically impossible for this to have a satisfying conclusion at WrestleMania. As it stands right now, its a severely gimped version of Bryan/HHH at 30.

They can always close it out by having Seth and AJ kick the shit out of their bosses and then separating them from those bosses by trading them for each other.

That's why I'm saying if Rollins can't fully go extend the story and keep him out of Mania.

It's funny because i was in fact checking out some of Stro's stuff earlier this week including this, maybe his views gave me ideas for that previous post.

I also disagree while simultaneously understanding most points he makes. X7 is a bit of everything, an encapsulation of everything WWE packed into a rather quick paced 3 hours ending in the most attitude era match to ever attitude era.

Also has Kane driving a golf cart with a ref in tow, 10/10

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's why I'm saying if Rollins can't fully go extend the story and keep him out of Mania.

It's too late for that and they boxed themselves out of that anyways by releasing a WWE24 special with Rollins practically in tears over missing WM32. I don't think they can realistically have Rollins cleared to work WM but then not have him work WM.

If there's one WM I always remember as being pretty solid only to go back and watch it to realise how wrong I was, it's WM20.
Got it running right now and it's got all the pieces in place with ho-hum execution.
I did just see Flair attempt the greatest peoples elbow though.

I wrote the WM2000 review. I've seen WM2000 twice :(

And I'll always appreciate your gifs

jtyT7dv.gif

Angry Grimace

A tag match will hurt this feud more than carrying on a bit longer. It's not too late.

It's demonstrably too late. He pointed at the sign two days ago. I don't think it would hurt it anyways since those kind of matches aren't blow offs.

I simply don't think from a PR standpoint they can justify "Rollins doesn't get a match at WM even though he will likely be cleared to wrestle."

I've probably seen WM 2000 more than any other Mania on account of it being the first wrasslin' VHS I ever got, back when I was a young rascal. I may or may not have gotten in trouble for singing "Pimpin' ain't easy" on the elementary school playground.

It's demonstrably too late. He pointed at the sign two days ago. I don't think it would hurt it anyways since those kind of matches aren't blow offs.

This story has gone on long enough that if there's a Mania match it should be the conclusion.

I don't care that he pointed at a sign. If he can't fully go. Don't half ass a match that will hurt your top babyface. Absence makes the heart grow fonder... take him out and he'll come back super hot and you get Rollins/Joe in the sub boss battle out of it.

If he's fully cleared to wrestle you do the singles match

Sidenote: I'm glad I read the Mania card rumours ahead of time. It gave me time to accept the matches that aren't ideal and it's allowed me to be more aware of story threads and hints and what not (this is especially true for AJ/Shane)

Huh, Orton wins the handicap tag at WM20 with the original RKO outta nowhere complete with JR yelling OUTTA NOWHERE.
And it really is outta nowhere, such a sudden finish.

"I want to know why these fans are applauding Foley, he's a loser!"
King on point.

I've probably seen WM 2000 more than any other Mania on account of it being the first wrasslin' VHS I ever got, back when I was a young rascal. I may or may not have gotten in trouble for singing "Pimpin' ain't easy" on the elementary school playground.
Same here, minus the pimpin' ain't easy part.

Part of me still thinks the main event was actually okay but nostalgia is a funny thing, after all it wasn't just my first VHS, it was my first wrestling PPV.

Angry Grimace

This story has gone on long enough that if there's a Mania match it should be the conclusion.

I don't care that he pointed at a sign. If he can't fully go. Don't half ass a match that will hurt your top babyface. Absence makes the heart grow fonder... take him out and he'll come back super hot and you get Rollins/Joe in the sub boss battle out of it.

Sidenote: I'm glad I read the Mania card rumours ahead of time. It gave me time to accept the matches that aren't ideal and it's allowed me to be more aware of story threads and hints and what not (this is especially true for AJ/Shane)

I understand from a booking standpoint where you're coming from, I just don't think they can actually do it without genuinely upsetting Rollins himself and bait-and-switching the fans.

I understand from a booking standpoint where you're coming from, I just don't think they can actually do it without genuinely upsetting Rollins himself and bait-and-switching the fans.

Fair.

If he can't fully go they could do the Mania tag match and just never have Rollins touch HHH... just have Joe destroy him and then give Rollins time off to be 100% for the Summer Boss runs

Angry Grimace

I mean, if they go the route of anything other than HHH/Rollins in a singles match where Rollins goes over I don't think they can blow off the angle. You can set up a Samoa Joe/Rollins angle (which I feel almost certain is going to happen anyways) to fill a few months in, and whoever else gets added to HHH's stable (I doubt its just Owens and Joe) and have the full match at SummerSlam.

I also like the idea of associating Balor in since Balor's weak on the stick, but very popular and doesn't really have any kind of meaningful direction since he showed up, did one PPV and then got injured.

Another thing I think should do is have Goldberg go over Lesnar again and retire as the champ so that they don't have to permanently keep the title on a part-timer.

Back at WM20 Goldberg and Lesnar are showered immediately with "you sold out" "hey hey hey goodbye" "bullshit" chants and general negativity due to both participants (though mainly Lesnar) being known to be buggering off after mania.

13 years later they'll meet up again, both ready to leave again except this time to almost surely be showered with a strong positive crowd reaction, truly a strange world.

Angry Grimace

My guesses for WM results:

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse

Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. others TBA

Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus

2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - who cares

AJ Styles v. Shane McMahon - this better be tremendous shenanigans involved, like some kind of ridiculous gimmick

Dean Ambrose (c) v. Baron Corbin

I actually lol'ed with Zach's Link.

Back at WM20 Goldberg and Lesnar are showered immediately with "you sold out" "hey hey hey goodbye" "bullshit" chants and general negativity due to both participants (though mainly Lesnar) being known to be buggering off after mania.

13 years later they'll meet up again, both ready to leave again except this time to almost surely be showered with a strong positive crowd reaction, truly a strange world.

That's the part-timer magic BAYBAY.

Bronx-Man

Banned

There is no way in hell that Orlando crowd doesn't shit all over that match.

Angry Grimace

There's no way in hell this isn't a "Cena gets his win back" scenario. Cena and Nikki are winning this so clean you could eat off of it

Nikki's eating the pin from Maryse in my head. Both Cena and Nikki are leaving TV following the event.

Anth0ny

this time goldberg is a part timer though (last time he was on tv and ppv every week), and he'll be back if vince pays him. i think the crowd will be nostalgic enough to get into goldberg... his entrance at LEAST. and they'd pop for the spear and jackhammer.

jmdajr

I don't give an F. I am hype for Brock and Goldberg. Just the the anticipations of things like, "Can Goldebrg take a German and not die," has me intrigued.

Top Bottom