• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
this has been one of the worst SD's since it went live

weird, smackdown gets real boring the second randy orton is in the main event picture
g1aj.gif

weird

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure they are signing any living, breathing female with a vague interest in wrestling at this stage

I mean, she has some wrestling experience, but mostly she just seems like a pretty girl who posts instagram photos of her cosplay. But I had thought they were against signing people under 20 or something.

Foggy

Agreed, but this way, they're getting the paycheck and international recognition that they deserve.

For sure, I don't really begrudge that at all and I hope for the best for them. But I like watching great wrestlers work great matches, it's why I watch wrestling. Seeing the equivalent of Robert De Niro sign up for years and years of Meet the Fockers sequels doesn't exactly bring me much joy.

RBH

On his most recent podcast, Tony Schiavone talks about calling the WWE and asking them about working for the WWE Network:

"And I did get in touch with Vince recently. I wanted to be a producer. I thought the Network was phenomenal and a chance for me to go through all that old footage? Holy smokes, that'd been great. And I heard they needed a producer, but I never heard back from him.

"I got in touch with them and Kevin Dunn called me and said, 'well, we have announcers. We don't need any other. Don't take this the wrong way, but we've got announcers that we want and they're younger guys.' And I said, 'I understand. Younger guys work for a lot less and you've got some good guys.' I said, 'Kevin,' and I can't remember who all I talked to, who all I sent texts to, I said, 'I don't want to announce wrestling anymore. I want to be a producer. I want to work on The Network.'

"That's what I want to do. I want to produce. And he said, 'well, I'll get back in touch with you' and he never did. So that again tells me that… I don't know if you call that 'blacklisted' or not, but that's fine. But, again, to answer your question, I just don't know. I could probably do it again. My voice was going. It was I was screaming a lot, two hours and forty-five minutes on a pay-per-view, three hours on a Nitro, and then, taping a Thunder, about Wednesday, my voice was shot, so I don't know if I've got that in me anymore."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0314/624121/tony-schiavone-on-wcw-demise/

I mean, she has some wrestling experience, but mostly she just seems like a pretty girl who posts instagram photos of her cosplay. But I had thought they were against signing people under 20 or something.

I doub't they are looking to sign her full time at the moment. Probably just someone for the tournament. They like to have people from different places in there, just look at the CWC.

i dunno, it's infuriating me, in the right ways but i think the annoyance is starting to outweigh the rush from finding a solution.

there's a few times where you have to solve puzzles in a series, and if you get one wrong, it sends you back to the one before and makes you do it again. for no reason. it doesn't even dehighlight your previous solution, so it's not even making you work it out again, it's literal busy work, and just there to piss you off

Has anyone made Zack Ryder yet, that's the important thing.

And that's probably the only time Zack and important have been in the same sentence.

Kaladin

So they have a new Stone Cold hat, a new vintage shirt and they've featured him in the new Slam Crate. Something tells me he could be at Mania this year.

Hasney

So they have a new Stone Cold hat, a new vintage shirt and they've featured him in the new Slam Crate. Something tells me he could be at Mania this year.

Hopefully he hunts and shoots his own name like Rock flamethrowered.

Makes sense though, they got 7 hours to fill. May as well stun a sunnuvabitch. Or make him special ref for Goldberg/Brock for old times sake.

A great Review-a-Smackdown from John and Wai...

There's a great repartee on the believability of the Shane beatdown (specfically the in car camera) vs Bray Wyatt's crazy shit

Wai hated the camera but loved the Wyatt shit and John loved the beatdown but didn't like the Wyatt shit

Wai Ting might actually be more forgiving to WWE than I am lol.

Top Bottom