• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Recall

Sooooo I'm watching Tenryu v Flair for Flair's WWF title from September 15th of 1992 in the WAR promotion. 2 out of 3 falls.

Tenryu with sideburns is an odd sight. WWF logos on some of the turnbuckle pads shook me hard. Crazy to hear a Japanese crowd pop for Flair's flop. Slow start with plenty of arm work done by Flair and well expected heel tactics including punches to Tenryu's nose that Tenryu didn't seem to get pissed about, so grumpy Tenryu wasn't a thing yet it seems.

A sudden lariat halts Flair's 10 minute slow destruction of Tenryu and we get a great chop battle from both. Flair blocks a lariat, a shin breaker attempt is thwarted by Tenryu squashing Flair and a weak ass powerbomb puts Flair down for the three count. Tenryu wins the fall.

Second fall and the crowd stir as they want Tenryu to win as a rear naked choke takes Flair down. Chop battle again and Flair cowers like he should and pokes Tenryu in the eye. Who didn't see that coming? Flair suplex followed by a back drop get a close 2 count. Flair Double Arm suplex sees the same result. Shin breaker is gone for by Flair but he just dumps Tenryu as a back drop instead of actually hitting the breaker. Several cover attempts do nothing for Flair so more chops and Tenryu gets a opening and tries his own figure four but is obviously kicked off. 18 minutes in Flair finally begins his most famous of routines, the dismantling of Tenryu's knee.

Then out of fucking nowhere we suddenly get commentary. Excited commentary as if foretelling the next fall is coming soon so that footage can be used for something else as an indeed the Figure Four gets the second fall as Tenryu can't raise his shoulders due to pain letting Flair level the match to one fall each.

And indeed the commentary is gone again. Some weird politics going on or making the illusion of Flair winning the match overall via that descicion in some other media?!? I'm expecting a bullshit third fall.

Third fall begins with Flair going in and holding an STF for seemingly forever then goes back to the knee beat down. Flair applies the figure four but Tenryu cranks on one of Flairs legs "reversing" the pain. Two close two counts on Flair as his shoulders are down on this leg hold, but Flair gets the figure four on properly and now it's Tenryu's turn to squirm for a bit. The Japanese crowd are making a little noise now. Back on their feet and it's Flair on the punching offence.Tenryu gets a leg bar and hurts Flair a lot, Flair does escape and goes for a Figure Four but here comes the sweetest Flair spot there is, a sudden inside cradle but it only nets Tenryu a two.

Backslide gets Tenryu another two. Shin breaker finally connects but Flair flops down. Crowd are buzzing. Tenryu slams Flair down hard and goes to the top rope but Flair is having none of it and clotheslines Tenryu's leg out from under him forcing Tenryu to crash hard. They both jockey for position with strikes and neither have the clear upper hand, two clumsy shoulder attacks in the corner give Flair the opening to chop block Tenryu down and routine the knee again.

For no reason at all Flair starts walking around on the ring apron telling women in the crowd "you and me baby" allowing Tenryu to clock Flair with an Enziguri and a hard lariat as Flair crumples down outside. At the 6 count Tenryu goes outside to try and get Flair back in but he can't fucking do it, maybe the bad leg, maybe bad protective booking and we get a double count out as the shitty finish to the 40 minute match.

Crowd boo.

I go to bed feeling like that was a waste of my time.

Hasney

img_89468qkvj.jpg

I think WWE would be better off not doing the social media thing today.

C7Iq1CoWkAA46Kd.jpg

imBask

Banned
before the thread gets shut down I just wanna say that this is fucking crazy (and unfortunate, don't leak photos of people guys)

Back to wrestling, is Finn even gonna appear before Wrestlemania? Seems kind of stupid to have him at all the house shows but not to throw him out on television unless they wanna keep him for a ratings pop.

Kaladin

Don't do anything stupid and get the thread locked while I'm gone. Listen to the warnings from regular posters who remember what happened the last time a wrestling sex tape was released.

Back to wrestling, is Finn even gonna appear before Wrestlemania? Seems kind of stupid to have him at all the house shows but not to throw him out on television unless they wanna keep him for a ratings pop.

Unless he is replacing rollins. I don't see why they would

They could put him with Joe but Mansi is already 14 hours long

Don't do anything stupid and get the thread locked while I'm gone. Listen to the warnings from regular posters who remember what happened the last time a wrestling sex tape was released.

Wrasslegaf getting banned just in time for Mania, brother.

Edit: Man, the prefectural gymnasium is HOT for this Ishii/Sanada match.

They may not want to just put him out there in a nothing spot and make his return to TV a bigger thing. Sorta like how there are no real plans for Joe at Mania (as far as I can tell/remember).

Throwing those guys in the jabronie royale would be damaging.

Recall

Second match of No Way Out '08 is an elimination chamber match to crown... the #1 contender?

Okay.

Just you wait until you get to No Way Out 2009. Just you wait.

Enjoy 2008 it's a weird year saved by HBK, Chris Jericho and fan's who love Triple H.

I thought we got shut down for a month a year ago not just because of that requesting asking for where to find the movie Sunny made and that non-sense but also all the shitty memes being posted repeatedly... Especially those damn Minions. IDK why we'd get shut down talking about it as long as people don't be dumbass jabroni marks about it.

Seth got his pics leaked while also the news coming out he cheated on his fiance with a lady who liked Nazi pics and is still one of their highly pushed stars to this day. Fuck WWE if they punish Paige over something she had no control over getting leaked.
If Paige gets fired over this, after Tom and Seth (twice), it's a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen.

Yeah, she ain't gonna get fired, she's the victim in it all as are Maddox and Xavier but judging from that Tweet up there he might be trying to find humor in it. O_O WWE probably knew all about this already because rumors were floating around for a while and I'm sure they got back to everyone involved, I'm pretty sure I saw it mentioned in one of my random Square Circle visits last year.

orioto

Good Art™
You already know that south paw thing will backfire at wwe so quick.. They did not learn from TNA...

Goldberg/Lesnar will be buried in "We want south paw!" chants, and 2 month from now they will have to replace RAW with it.

Yeah, depending on how Seth is I could see maybe a tag match being pulled with Finn and Joe being included. That would probably be a lot more fun then Seth vs HHH.

Second match of No Way Out '08 is an elimination chamber match to crown... the #1 contender?

Okay.
That's what they did for 2013 I believe. Swagger won it and then fucked it up because he got busted for weed and a DUI like two days later.

Auraela

Banned
They're hosting Mania

Don't bother reading wrestle comments that whole day/weekend. Ideally also mute the broadcast if you watch. It's gonna be baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

only other way i can see it not being bad is is new day drop a subtle comment about it, with them you never know

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yall are also crazy if you think vince didn't IMMEDIATELY ok anything that makes fun fo the territories
Going into Mania and my favorite wrestler is Jinder Mahal. The dude does steroids and doesn't give a fuck who knows

welcome to the j i n d e r b o y s club, friend

Top Bottom