• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Caderfix

WCPW interviewed Riddle. Damn he even sounds like a pot head.

I've never seen any of his matches and heard about him only a couple times before. That interview was the first and only time I saw him doing anything and, God damn it, I'm a fan already. Seems like an awesome dude.

W9lbA9G.gif

I love that you still fondly recall FLYIN WALINDAS as much as I do.
Inane Booker commentary was fantastic, my favourite underrated Booker quote is still something along the lines of "THOSE SNEAK TACTICS BY KOFI KINGSTON!"

Net's legacy lives on whenever Kane in *insert year* is brought up. Though at long last we may be reaching the end, where is Kane in 2017?!

Those are actually samurai warriors characters, I know it's pretty dang hard to see a difference but I thought I'd let ya know.

Those are Samurai Warriors characters.

/Pushes up glasses.

200.gif

So with the Women's Tournament starting in May, I'm assuming the finals will be at Takeover Brooklyn instead of a standalone event like the CWC last year. So what is everyone thinking for the finals given what we know? I'm expecting one of Shirai/Hojo in the finals, but not both. The other spot is trickier given we don't know who exactly will be in the tournament. Maybe Candice?

I heard Meltz say a few days ago they're pushing Yoshi Hashi

Like.....why? He's got some lame monkey king gimmick (and this is coming from someone who loves journey to the west), has fine-but-nothing-special matches, doesn't same particularly charismatic and has the words "loose explosion" on his butt (presumably to remind other wrestlers not to go into the toilets at the same time as him without a gas mask).

Is there some great match he had that I missed or something?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I heard Meltz say a few days ago they're pushing Yoshi Hashi

Like.....why? He's got some lame monkey king gimmick (and this is coming from someone who loves journey to the west), has fine-but-nothing-special matches, and has the words "loose explosion" on his butt (presumably to remind other wrestlers not to go into the toilets at the same time as him without a gas mask).

cause memes

Because, while he's never going to be more than a mid-card guy, he's shown steady improvement over the past few years and the crowd have got solidly behind him. But, yeah. Sure. Memes.

So with the Women's Tournament starting in May, I'm assuming the finals will be at Takeover Brooklyn instead of a standalone event like the CWC last year. So what is everyone thinking for the finals given what we know? I'm expecting one of Shirai/Hojo in the finals, but not both. The other spot is trickier given we don't know who exactly will be in the tournament. Maybe Candice?
I would say Candice LaRae would at least get very far, if not making it to the finals altogether.

I wonder what would be the prize though. The CWC and the UK tournaments resulted in the crowning of a new belt. Would it be an automatic title shot for the NXT Women's Championship?

Was there an official announcement for the Women's Tournament?

I remember people talking about it before but I could never find anything on the WWE site

Which is weird because they wouldn't not pat themselves on the back for giving women a chance

Caderfix

I'm getting tired of your constant lies, Batsie.

He's actually 6'8 or something like that, according to what he said in a podcast, if I remember correctly.

vs Naito, Elgin, Omega & Shibata in the G1, vs Omega at Destruction in Hiroshima, plus Goto & Ishii vs Okada & YOSHI from the tag league last year.

he's also not improved at all

There's no way anyone could watch a match of YOSHI's from 2012-2013, then watch any of the matches listed above and not see a marked improvement. You'd have to be wilfully ignorant, the worst kind of ignorant.

Was there an official announcement for the Women's Tournament?

I remember people talking about it before but I could never find anything on the WWE site

Which is weird because they wouldn't not pat themselves on the back for giving women a chance

They've wanted to do one for a while. It was their first idea after the CWC worked out. It was going to happen January-March, but they moved the U.K. Tournament to that spot instead because of the ITV stuff.

The current plan is to start in mid-May according to Meltzer.

I would say Candice LaRae would at least get very far, if not making it to the finals altogether.

I wonder what would be the prize though. The CWC and the UK tournaments resulted in the crowning of a new belt. Would it be an automatic title shot for the NXT Women's Championship?

Might just be a trophy like the Dusty Classic.

And yeah, if Candice is in it, there's no possible way she doesn't at least make the final four. And I see no reason why they would keep her out.

So Meltzer talked about the Paige stuff and shifted it to Hogan somehow. He completely ignores the racist stuff as the reason WWE is staying away from Hogan and focused on the sex tape as the main reason.

Fox318

So Meltzer talked about the Paige stuff and shifted it to Hogan somehow. He completely ignores the racist stuff as the reason WWE is staying away from Hogan and focused on the sex tape as the main reason.

Honestly its a messy situation for what should or shouldn't be done.

No he's not. It has nothing to do with the sex part of it.

Meltzer is saying that if WWE is drawing a line in the sand with Paige by punishing her, then they are sending a message that "it doesn't matter if it was a private video because everyone saw it".

They cannot in the same month or so span punish one person for that and then bring Hogan back under the opposite pretense. At least not so publicly as they would have to in this scenario.

Top Bottom