• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Kornflayx

full

What do you want to tell me, Blue?

Talk to me

Pikma

Banned
I think Michael Cole is alright, there are so many guys who are shittier at their job around him that I don't even mind him

Fox318

Cole in his entire career has only had 2 good minutes.

That time he just happened to be there when Eddie won the strap

And the 30 seconds when Vince wasn't in gorilla when he talked about how Bryan broke barriers during his retirement speech.

Mahonay

Banned
I think Michael Cole is alright, there are so many guys who are shittier at their job around him that I don't even mind him
Cole has improved dramatically this year with the current RAW commentary team. He's doing a pretty good job now. It feel's being allowed to treat it more seriously. Vince maybe not yelling at him every 5 seconds to make lame inside jokes and promote Twitter.

Beefy

Cole has improved dramatically this year with the current RAW commentary team. He's doing a pretty good job now. It feel's being allowed to treat it more seriously. Vince maybe not yelling at him every 5 seconds to make lame inside jokes and promote Twitter.

Only on WWE Network though.

Mahonay

Banned
It's insane just how bad Otunga is. He's actually made me appreciate JBL who I normally loathe. Vince's love for ridiculous muscles often blinds his judgement. Also they seem to have made it a mandate that every commentary team has a black commentator. Byron has improved quite drastically and I like him on RAW. Percy Watson on NXT is almost as bad as Otunga.

Mahonay

Banned
Only on WWE Network though.
True, I'm sure Cole is allowed more to just focus on the matches on PPVs and Network specials. I only watch about an hour total of RAW a month now. But there are also things a lot more problematic with the RAW format than the commentary.

PROGRESS music report from today: seems about half and half real vs generic music, in weird places. Power Trip back to Keep It 100, Ospreay now on to different stock music from his ROH theme ¯\(°_°)/¯, Nixon still using C'Est La Vie

0% consistency is confusing: still shite

Beefy

True, I'm sure Cole is allowed more to just focus on the matches on PPVs and Network specials. I only watch about an hour total of RAW a month now. But there are also things a lot more problematic with the RAW format than the commentary.

Yeah Cole is better then he was. Just makes me laugh when they say every PPV is only on the network.

Anth0ny

So what black or mixed brothers could be on commentry instead of Otunga?

literally anyone else?

anyone who can talk?

Byron and Otunga are two of the all time worst, most cringeworthy nerds in the history of commentary. They make Cole sound like Jim Ross in comparison, and Cole is the absolute drizzling shits.

Mauro and Graves are the only two commentators that sound genuine in the company.

LionPride

Banned
So what black or mixed brothers could be on commentry instead of Otunga?

If Xavier does not wrestle again(Even though he totally should), Xavier

Also Cole is a really good commentator when he can just do his job with no outside influence in his ears

Heroman

Banned
literally anyone else?

anyone who can talk?

Byron and Otunga are two of the all time worst, most cringeworthy nerds in the history of commentary. They make Cole sound like Jim Ross in comparison, and Cole is the absolute drizzling shits.

Mauro and Graves are the only two commentators that sound genuine in the company.
I guess you never hear Matt striker or watch the latest episode of TNA

gun_haver

RE: the current scandal

i haven't seen the following responses here, which is nice, but there are a lot of people who think they are being reasonable by saying stuff like 'well someone's gotta take the fall for this' or things like 'they market that product to children, it's over the line' and aren't really demonstrating any objection to the fact this material got released in the first place and that it should be treated as inadmissable in the world of actual human beings

the only thing to do as far as WWE is concerned is to move on and act as much as possible as if it didn't happen, because it shouldn't have. not the acts themselves, but the leak. the individuals who are the victims here can respond however they like.

if anybody gets fired/punished for this, or anything similar (which has happened several times lately to different people), WWE and any fan who thinks that's reasonable can go fuck themselves.

With wrestling, you've got a lot of socially conservative or sexually immature fans on your hands who just absolutely explode at something like this, in one way or another, but I think they can safely be utterly ignored. Their comments are inconsequential, and they'll throw money at the company anyway.

Tagyhag

I don't know why, but I loved Booker on commentary. He's always hyped.

And yeah, Woods would do a smooth transition like Graves did.

Menome

Friends, I'm almost about to Platinum my first game in about three years. At 87% of Trophies for Horizon: Zero Dawn and should only have a couple of missions left by how the plot is currently going.

In wrestling news, Angaar TV have actually got a ring and a place that isn't an alleyway to perform in. Plus, they're performing under their own names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PASxnjQQc

(Features an almost-botched Styles Clash where the recipient doesn't tuck his head backwards. Not sure how he got away with that.)

I miss the Booker T era. That was WrestlingGAF in its prime, brother.

"SHUCKY DUCKY, QUACK QUACK"
"IT'S THE FLYIN' WALINDAS"
"It's like when you do karate, like AAAUUUGAUAUHAAUH"
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAH GOODNESS"
"Lemme tell ya _______, I spoke to ______ before the match, and..."

I miss Net_Wrecker :(

Guzim

I miss the Booker T era. That was WrestlingGAF in its prime, brother.

"SHUCKY DUCKY, QUACK QUACK"
"IT'S THE FLYIN' WALINDAS"
"It's like when you do karate, like AAAUUUGAUAUHAAUH"
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAH GOODNESS"
"Lemme tell ya _______, I spoke to ______ before the match, and..."

I miss Net_Wrecker :(
Professor Beef, you're in my fave five!

Friends, I'm almost about to Platinum my first game in about three years. At 87% of Trophies for Horizon: Zero Dawn and should only have a couple of missions left by how the plot is currently going.

In wrestling news, Angaar TV have actually got a ring and a place that isn't an alleyway to perform in. Plus, they're performing under their own names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PASxnjQQc

(Features an almost-botched Styles Clash where the recipient doesn't tuck his head backwards. Not sure how he got away with that.)

Another AngaarTV post in WrassleGAF?
l9MCwXg.gif

Top Bottom